Why The Democrats Will Lose In 08

$1,000 Dollhairs?Here's the thing, I take this bet and I win, I would probably tell you to skip it, cause a grand means more to you than to me. I lose and I would insist you take it, cause a bets a bet. After doing the math, I don't think this is a good idea for me.However, if you want to make a sig bet than I am all over it.
loool BG always knows the best things to say to get out of a bet. I'll think of some sig bet if you won't do the money bet, but i hope you reconsider. I would even donate the 1k to the Republican Money Fund or whatever their money jar for ad campaigns is called.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loool BG always knows the best things to say to get out of a bet. I'll think of some sig bet if you won't do the money bet, but i hope you reconsider. I would even donate the 1k to the Republican Money Fund or whatever their money jar for ad campaigns is called.
Those are the best bets, to make the otherone pay into a charity that they hate.
I agree with everything that you said. Thing is, none of this is Obama's fault. He HASN'T gone on a negative campaign while the bitch decided, "Heck, we can't win anyway, let's just go nuts and yell about how bad Obama sucks." It worked, and now she is back in the race. It has been a sad week. They are going to have to spend a ton more money and if she really cared about the Dems winning she would have bowed out, not gone on the monster attack, and realized that all this plays into the GOP's hands. Pretty sick, but this is like the only way McCain would have had a shot, and unless Obama can continue to spin all of this without looking really bad, McCain will be president and I will be blogging from Barcelona...
What is the difference between Hillary and Valentines Day?Valentines Day is a Cupid Stunt.......I <3 Satellite Radio
What is the difference between Hillary and Valentines Day?Valentines Day is a Cupid Stunt.......I <3 Satellite Radio
:club::D:ts:D:D:4h:5c
Why don't you guys just vote for the best man remaining in the race, Nader?Remember, a vote for anyone other than Nader is just a wasted vote.
If Hilary wins the nomination then yep I plan to. Especially since now Bloomberg has decided not to run (at least according to anonymous sources close to him,lol but we know how accurate those are)

P.S. It's not a wasted vote - it's a protest vote. And besides I know that chances are Montana will go with McCain anyway. Oh and if I ever say I'm considering McCain, please slap me until I come to my senses,lol. :club:

Why don't you guys just vote for the best man remaining in the race, Nader?Remember, a vote for anyone other than Nader is just a wasted vote.
no.

If I knew any of you well enough I'd happily take a big money bet.BGs right about the dems killing each other, but memory doesnt last long here, remember Romney and McCain? now they might actually be a ticket.Mcain is getting a free ride for now, whoever wins the Dems, the runner up will smile and endorse, after a week its all over, and Mcain is going to fall under a huge amount of scrutiny that he never really recieved. Patriotism speeches can only go so far.(I hope, they worked for Bush)The Dems are facing the kitchen sink being thrown at them now, when they get to McCain they will have experienced almost all of it, while McCain is ready for a pummeling.Lets not forget this is the Democrats year, the victory in the gov elections etc. This hasn't died away. I think its gonna be a landslide.

So, I avoided reading this post for days thinking it would be just be a lot of bitching at each other. Finally I broke down and read it. I found two things that disturbed me greatly. First, that despite the fact that we hold completely opposite views, BalloonGuy makes the best arguments on this thread. Second, is this quote from Dn...

...Obama can continue to spin all of this without looking really bad, McCain will be president and I will be blogging from Barcelona...
I had counted on moving to Canada if the Democrats lose this elections. But if the Canadians aren't even willing to go back to Canada, where the hell am I suppose to go?!??!?
So, I avoided reading this post for days thinking it would be just be a lot of bitching at each other. Finally I broke down and read it. I found two things that disturbed me greatly. First, that despite the fact that we hold completely opposite views, BalloonGuy makes the best arguments on this thread. Second, is this quote from Dn... I had counted on moving to Canada if the Democrats lose this elections. But if the Canadians aren't even willing to go back to Canada, where the hell am I suppose to go?!??!?
You could stay in America and continue to be in the greatest country on earth.I know how you feel, believe me, I can be sympathetic. I live in Cal where the republican vote hasn't counted for decades. I had to live for 8 years under Clinton thanks to Perot.But the truth is; however is in charge, we can only hope and pray that occasionally they set aside their political party and work for the best interest of their country. Occasionally.No matter who's in charge, there will always be opposition that will help somewhat keep them in check. Personally I would like a 50/50 congress and house so that they never do anything. A stalled government is a good govenment
Too bad his wife is allowed to talk. I predict that once any mud comes Obamas way, Michelle will open her little racist mouth and Barak will have to spend more time on damage control than on campaigning.
Fast forward 14 days and Obama has done it as well. This stuff is so easy it's sick.
You could stay in America and continue to be in the greatest country on earth.I know how you feel, believe me, I can be sympathetic. I live in Cal where the republican vote hasn't counted for decades. I had to live for 8 years under Clinton thanks to Perot.But the truth is; however is in charge, we can only hope and pray that occasionally they set aside their political party and work for the best interest of their country. Occasionally.No matter who's in charge, there will always be opposition that will help somewhat keep them in check. Personally I would like a 50/50 congress and house so that they never do anything. A stalled government is a good govenment
Lol you could always move to Montana BG. My democratic vote hasn't counted for years until recently. Even now though I know my vote won't count in the presidential since this is a state that's still so red it looks bloody.
A stalled government is a good govenment
Truer words have never been written. I may be a die hard liberal, and thereby vote Democrat, but can't help but believe that less governing is better, in general. BTW, I live in Missouri, so I'm use to my vote not counting either.Oh, I still believe the US is still the greatest country on earth, I'm just so incredibly beaten down and disheartened by the current state of our country and gov't that its bordering on hopelessness. Which is, I think, the way a lot of Americans are feeling after 8 years of the Bush administration. This is why Obama's message of hope is resounding like it is. We are on the brink of a shift in social consciousness, from nationwide to global scale. When it happens, and it has to happen if mankind is going to continue to be confined to this planet, then we are going to need a leader that can work at a global level. In fact, if America is going to continue to be the greatest country on earth we are going to need a leader to step up that can lead the entire world. I'm not saying for certain that Obama is that man, but I am certain that neither Clinton nor McCain is a global leader. I don't know. Basically, what I'm saying is that America, in general, needs to be more far-sighted. Look beyond the next few months, or next year. Be aware that everyone needs to become more globally conscious, pretty much immediately, if we are to survive beyond a few more generations. Let's start looking for/at leaders that have long term goals in mind, and less at who is bitch slapping who's church in the media this week.
Truer words have never been written. I may be a die hard liberal, and thereby vote Democrat, but can't help but believe that less governing is better, in general. BTW, I live in Missouri, so I'm use to my vote not counting either.Oh, I still believe the US is still the greatest country on earth, I'm just so incredibly beaten down and disheartened by the current state of our country and gov't that its bordering on hopelessness. Which is, I think, the way a lot of Americans are feeling after 8 years of the Bush administration. This is why Obama's message of hope is resounding like it is. We are on the brink of a shift in social consciousness, from nationwide to global scale. When it happens, and it has to happen if mankind is going to continue to be confined to this planet, then we are going to need a leader that can work at a global level. In fact, if America is going to continue to be the greatest country on earth we are going to need a leader to step up that can lead the entire world. I'm not saying for certain that Obama is that man, but I am certain that neither Clinton nor McCain is a global leader. I don't know. Basically, what I'm saying is that America, in general, needs to be more far-sighted. Look beyond the next few months, or next year. Be aware that everyone needs to become more globally conscious, pretty much immediately, if we are to survive beyond a few more generations. Let's start looking for/at leaders that have long term goals in mind, and less at who is bitch slapping who's church in the media this week.
I'm reading a book on the Dollar right now, talks about the assault on the dollar and why it is being done. Europe hates that we are the world's currancy. Hates that we sneeze and they catch a cold. Hates that if we don't contribute help, then nothing militarily will ever be accomplished. Hates our success.Don't buy into their nationalistic opinion of America.
I'm reading a book on the Dollar right now, talks about the assault on the dollar and why it is being done. Europe hates that we are the world's currancy. Hates that we sneeze and they catch a cold. Hates that if we don't contribute help, then nothing militarily will ever be accomplished. Hates our success.Don't buy into their nationalistic opinion of America.
Japan is the best country in the world

So I wanted to post this Michelleism that will be used later to remind us all why Barak was influenced by the Rev Wright and hates America:8a57a048-f61d-45d4-bf29-fc8ef291cdf4.widec.jpgMichelle Huessain Obama, January 23rd, 2008:

We don't like being pushed outside of our comfort zones. You know it right here on this campus. You know people sitting at different tables, y'all living in different dorms. I was there. Y'all not talking to each another, taking advantage of the fact that you're in this diverse community because sometimes it's easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions, it makes you feel justified in your ignorance. That's America. So the challenge for us is, are we ready for change?
So Michelle, after saying that only because Barak is looking like he will win the Democratic primary, only then is she proud of her country. Now tells us what America is. America is a country that wants to hold on to stereotypes and misconceptions about race, we want to dwell in our ignorance. It makes you wonder how Barak could ever get ahead in this terrible country. I mean wow, he is like the 2nd coming, to actually succeed in this racist country, how can it be?Whatever happens know this: Michelle Huessain Obama will be our best window into Barak's soul. They better shut her up or Barak is going to have to divorce her.
  • 4 weeks later...

It's Christmas Time in Pennsylvania Folks!Exit poll results:Among Hillary Supporters:25% claimed that if Obama wins the nomination, they will vote for McCainAmong Obama Supporters:17% said they would vote for McCain if Hillary wins the nomination.Hillary was outspent 3-1 by Obama and won by 10%I guess the real winner here is Gilbertology, since I didn't take his $1,000 bet that a dem would win the WH in Nov.

Lol you could always move to Montana BG. My democratic vote hasn't counted for years until recently. Even now though I know my vote won't count in the presidential since this is a state that's still so red it looks bloody.
Does anyone know why red states are considered republican amd blue states are considered Democratic?Up until 1984, it was the primarily the other way around. Blue states were republican and red states were democratic when the TV networks showed their graphics.After the democrats got pounced in the 1984 election (might be 1998, I am not sure of the exact election) , The DNC contacted all the networks and asked that they switch colors becuase red is associated with communism and blue is associated more with patriotism. The networks immediately changed their graphics.
If I knew any of you well enough I'd happily take a big money bet.BGs right about the dems killing each other, but memory doesnt last long here, remember Romney and McCain? now they might actually be a ticket.Mcain is getting a free ride for now, whoever wins the Dems, the runner up will smile and endorse, after a week its all over, and Mcain is going to fall under a huge amount of scrutiny that he never really recieved. Patriotism speeches can only go so far.(I hope, they worked for Bush)The Dems are facing the kitchen sink being thrown at them now, when they get to McCain they will have experienced almost all of it, while McCain is ready for a pummeling.Lets not forget this is the Democrats year, the victory in the gov elections etc. This hasn't died away. I think its gonna be a landslide.
You are an idiot.What is McCain hiding now that will be brought to light when the dems stop the infighting? Did you get the super secret memo, or did you use your decoder ring?I guess I don't understand. You're saying since the dems are airing dirty laundry now, there won't be any more dirt to find, and people will not be talking about said dirt once the dems pick someone? lol.Do you think before you post, ever?
Does anyone know why red states are considered republican amd blue states are considered Democratic?Up until 1984, it was the primarily the other way around. Blue states were republican and red states were democratic when the TV networks showed their graphics.After the democrats got pounced in the 1984 election (might be 1998, I am not sure of the exact election) , The DNC contacted all the networks and asked that they switch colors becuase red is associated with communism and blue is associated more with patriotism. The networks immediately changed their graphics.
Here's how it happened.1984Reagan wins again.Dem leaders: This is so unfair. We are so much more better for this country. we're going to quit.Rep Leaders: You can't quit, you guys are the greatest advertising gimick we could hope for. Most times we only put up total losers for our party, if it wasn't for you guys putting up worse candidates, we would never win.Dem Leaders: Well we're quitting unless...Rep Leaders: Unless what?Dem Leader: Unless you change the colors on the networks. I mean come on, we're already clearly the party most associated with the communist party, at least let us color ourselves like we like this country.Rep Leaders: No one will believe it, but Okay. We will let you guys be blue, we'll be red.Dem Leaders: All right, we totally stuck it to them. The idiotsRep Leaders: Whew, we thought they were going to ask for a change to their national mascot: the Jackazz. Suckers.

What Obama really needs to do right now is dominate the headlines for a few days -- not with a gaffe but with some positive outreach to working-class white voters and women. Those are the only two groups Hillary's holding on to and he needs to go after her base. Town hall after town hall after town hall.He looks like he is losing momentum, unable to close the deal, and unable to bounce back from a punch. He needs to come out swinging rather than letting those impressions solidify. He needs to go into the Rust Belt towns in Indiana and find out what keeps those voters in Hillary's column and then peel them away. The math is totally on his side. All Hillary can do right now is drag things out -- she can't possibly win, but she can bloody Obama enough to make him lose (which would be a horrible thing for her to do, but I think her ambition is enough to make her do it). Right now he's virtually vanished from the headlines, or only in them when he's said something others have pounced on -- that's not a good situation.The 1990s were peaceful and prosperous, but I really don't want to go back to hearing about Whitewater and Monica for another four to eight years, and I don't want McSame and his endless war at all.

What Obama really needs to do right now is dominate the headlines for a few days -- not with a gaffe but with some positive outreach to working-class white voters and women. Those are the only two groups Hillary's holding on to and he needs to go after her base. Town hall after town hall after town hall.He looks like he is losing momentum, unable to close the deal, and unable to bounce back from a punch. He needs to come out swinging rather than letting those impressions solidify. He needs to go into the Rust Belt towns in Indiana and find out what keeps those voters in Hillary's column and then peel them away. The math is totally on his side. All Hillary can do right now is drag things out -- she can't possibly win, but she can bloody Obama enough to make him lose (which would be a horrible thing for her to do, but I think her ambition is enough to make her do it). Right now he's virtually vanished from the headlines, or only in them when he's said something others have pounced on -- that's not a good situation.The 1990s were peaceful and prosperous, but I really don't want to go back to hearing about Whitewater and Monica for another four to eight years, and I don't want McSame and his endless war at all.
:club: SorryWe peeked behind the curtain.Obama is just another phony politician that is only worth listening too when he is reading someone else's written words.But on a side note, do you really think it's likely that Clinton will sleep with Monica? What will Bill say?
:club: SorryWe peeked behind the curtain.Obama is just another phony politician that is only worth listening too when he is reading someone else's written words.But on a side note, do you really think it's likely that Clinton will sleep with Monica? What will Bill say?
He'll ask for a threesome, she'll hit him with a lamp, and he'll go out and eat a cheeseburger.