possibly the most fun wpt ever

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suckout?  Daniel just checked his QQ and the kid went all in on a legit hand.   The kid probably expected Daniel to have Ax or something and wanted to win it right there.  I'm sure he wasn't thrilled by the call either.  It was a semi-bluff, he got called and hit the semi-part which might seem lucky to some.However to me a 35% chance of taking out Negranu is better than trying to outplay him.   I'll roll the dice for that.
Not so...Daniel bet his QQ and the kid raised allin.
Sure, he bet it after just checking and after a crap flop. Daniel could have easily been bluffing.
I like mike sexton but if I hear "BINGO BANGO BONGO" one more time I may puke.
What about "HE'S HIT LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE WITH THIS FLOP!"
Anything is better than "BOOGITY BOOOGITY BOOOOGITY"
Did anyone else think that the post-bust interviews were particularly awkward this week? I mean...they're always pretty dumb...but this week just made me cringe.
Besides Scotty saying "You have to swallow" and the fact he was staring at Shana's tits the entire time?
I generally would agree. I didn't think too much of the K6s vs. Q10o hand until I started reading forums this morning, but I think that hand could have been the turning point. What's Chau's strategy with that (over)bet?  
It makes Stolzman have to have a VERY good hand to call it. An overbet like that let's you know where you stand in that hand. IIRC, he was a big chip lead on that hand and you don't want him in there with a marginal hand, drawing out.(Which is what did him in on the Broadway vs. 2 Pair hand)
However to me a 35% chance of taking out Negranu is better than trying to outplay him.   I'll roll the dice for that.
Well said Stolzman knew that. I would wager that he knew he was beat, but like you said, didn't want to try and outplay negreanu and just figured it was now or never.Stolzman even said when he laid down pocket 3's "Man, I really wanna get into coin flips with you guys too."Which indicates he knew he couldn't outplay them. I think he played as best he could and the only suckout really was the one where he busted negreanu. He did a good job against 4 pros for a kid of only 23 years old.

VVP I can take or leave. He's not that bad, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here, I like Mike Sexton.He's obviously very knowledgable and pretty entertaining. So I'm saying it, Stop harshing on Mike.

Suckout?  Daniel just checked his QQ and the kid went all in on a legit hand.   The kid probably expected Daniel to have Ax or something and wanted to win it right there.  I'm sure he wasn't thrilled by the call either.  It was a semi-bluff, he got called and hit the semi-part which might seem lucky to some.However to me a 35% chance of taking out Negranu is better than trying to outplay him.   I'll roll the dice for that.
Not so...Daniel bet his QQ and the kid raised allin.
Sure, he bet it after just checking and after a crap flop. Daniel could have easily been bluffing.
He limped with QQ and then bet it on the flop...I guess limping with it wasn't such a good idea...although he did get Stolztman to commit ALL of his chips as an underdog.He just got outdrawn...it happens.

while I feel bad for the guy he was talking about, but the funniest thing during the whole show I thought was when he was apologizing to One Eyed Nick.*EDIT* just to clarify I thought it was funny that they have now nick named him One Eyed Nick not that he lost an eye.

also, did anyone else notice when scotty walked out, at the end of the interview he said to shana "you gotta swallow"?  me and my friend noticed it and laughed our asses off.
hahha yea i was like "yea shanna, you gotta swallow"
VVP I can take or leave.  He's not that bad, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here, I like Mike Sexton.He's obviously very knowledgable and pretty entertaining.  So I'm saying it, Stop harshing on Mike.
I second that.Mike is the Bingo Bango Bongo Bomb!
I like mike sexton but if I hear "BINGO BANGO BONGO" one more time I may puke.
What about "HE'S HIT LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE WITH THIS FLOP!"
Or how bout when Vince says "Show Tunes going off in his head"...or something close to that depending on the player.