possibly the most fun wpt ever

Didn't DN and Scotty make this episode really enjoyable to watch.The table talk was awesome. If it wasnt for Sexton and Van Patten it wouldve been the best poker show ever.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chau got worked by the no name....really don't want to hear how great Chau is.
I have seen him play a few times and lets just say I'll have to take everyone else's word for it that hes truly great. Although to be fair, nobody gets away from top 2 pair on that last hand. it was just the perfect hit for Stoltzman.
Didn't DN and Scotty make this episode really enjoyable to watch.The table talk was awesome. If it wasnt for Sexton and Van Patten it wouldve been the best poker show ever.
why is MIKE SEXTON ALWAYS YELLING...It gets annoying. He has one volume, annoyingly loud.and those stupid trailer for the next episode .... it is hardly watchable, other than I am an addict playing PP, reading fullcontact and watching travel chanel all together...

Sexton gets so excited when nothing changes in the hand.It's AA vs. TT and the flop is 48 Q!!!!!!! Absolutely nothing changed, shut up Sexton.

Sexton gets so excited when nothing changes in the hand.It's AA vs. TT and the flop is 48 Q!!!!!!! Absolutely nothing changed, shut up Sexton.
Its his job as a commentator to make the boring stuff seem interesting to a casual viewer. Not everyone that watches this stuff is a degenerate gambler that knows exactly what is happening the second the flop comes up.

since this event stoltzmann dropped out of UW madison and is eventually going to finish school in california.I am from sheboygan where he is originally from, and his dad steve (wearing the fire rescue shirt) works with my father on the S.F.D sheboygan fire department

Its his job as a commentator to make the boring stuff seem interesting to a casual viewer. Not everyone that watches this stuff is a degenerate gambler that knows exactly what is happening the second the flop comes up.
Exactly. If he doesn't announce it like a basketball game, poker will really seem like chess to somebody who barely understands the game. It may not be the best commentary for people like you, but it appeals to the majority of viewers. There are so many new players (fish) who have started after watching poker on TV. And we have Sexton and the WPT to thank for this new school of fish.

Yeah, this was really a great episode. Chau didn't play all that bad either, so don't go so hard on him, he couldn't fold AJ there. As far as outplaying him postflop on other hands, he doesn't know him. He probably knows very well what all the big game guys are capable of and might do in situations, but this kid came in unknown and Chau couldn't see right through him. And I really liked seeing the John win it. He played it as good as he could against those guys and made them really hit a hand against him. Was a great job by him.And always fun watching Daniel, and I agree about K8clubs... WTF?

best episode i've seen yet. laughed out loud quite a few times from the table talk.also, did anyone else notice when scotty walked out, at the end of the interview he said to shana "you gotta swallow"? me and my friend noticed it and laughed our asses off.

best episode i've seen yet. laughed out loud quite a few times from the table talk.also, did anyone else notice when scotty walked out, at the end of the interview he said to shana "you gotta swallow"? me and my friend noticed it and laughed our asses off.
I don't know if Scotty knew what he was saying, but if he did, he is my new idol. I started cracking up when he said that, and my little brother had no clue what i was laughing at.He is right though, she does have to swallow... hehe :twisted:

Stolzman said, "I thought you pros were supposed to play small pots against me."I thought this was correct, and dont understand why Chau kept moving in on the flop heads up. Why not bet and get some more chips? More than once Stolzman had a hand he would surely call bets with, possibly even reraise with the middle pair. I dont understand why Chau would move in for $3 million in a $700,000 pot. Doesn't make sense to me. Seems like the tournament could have been over earlier if Chau had milked some of his top pair vs. middle pair hands.