The Official 2008 Yankees Thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Suck My-Wang2. Washed-up Mussina3. Old, un-roided Pettitte4. um, Phil Something?5. help?Nice rotation
Don't start that shit. Mind your own thread. And update your gay sig.
In your dreams, we're the champs til October! :club:
oddly, I missed the middle of it that read 2007Just don't come in here and be Flushgarden. You're better than that, and presumably have a better looking sister in law
1. Suck My-Wang2. Washed-up Mussina3. Old, un-roided Pettitte4. um, Phil Something?5. help?Nice rotation
How about1)I won 19 games the past 2 years Wang2)I used HGH twice 7 years ago im sure the effects have worn off Pettite3)Phil Hughes-young amazing arm4)Ian Kennedy-another great young pitcher5)Mussina-ok hes past his primehopefully Joba will be taking Moose's spot later in the yearI dont know why your hating on Hughes bc your either gonna bitch that our pitchers are old or from another team so when we get some arms from our farm system you hate on them
I dont know why your hating on Hughes
Just cuz it's fun/funny :club:. It'll be an interesting year for sure, with the Yankees new arms vs the Sox new arms (Lester, Buchholz).
Just cuz it's fun/funny :club:. It'll be an interesting year for sure, with the Yankees new arms vs the Sox new arms (Lester, Buchholz).
True, im excited for the Yankees farm system. Ive been looking @ some of these pitchers the yanks have down there and I think we may see some more of these guys later in the seasonSo, anyone know how to get all sta tickets or is it all corprate? Is there some kind of lottery or something?

I'm not trying to troll, but how do you guys feel about Clemens and the other Yankees who shot up? I know a bunch of Yankee fans here in the bay area who RIPPED bonds hard, then stood up for Clemens. I know you guys are more intelligent than those people, but please tell.

I'm not trying to troll, but how do you guys feel about Clemens and the other Yankees who shot up? I know a bunch of Yankee fans here in the bay area who RIPPED bonds hard, then stood up for Clemens. I know you guys are more intelligent than those people, but please tell.
I absolutly hated Bonds because he was just a douche to the media and public but Clemens is now following his footsteps. I kind of feel like this should just be over. If these guys were doing it, Id say a lot more were and it was just part of the game and nothing is going to come of it. But I still support Pettite because he came clean and admitted it and thats it, it seems like hes done hearing it from the media. Obviously hes gonna hear itfrom fans all season.

I love the Yanks and have since I was 5 years old and watched Reggie hit 3 ding dongs in '77, but I don't believe for a second that Pettite only did HGH twice or that Clemens never did it. I truly believe that just under half the guys in the league were doing something. Just the way it was.That being said, I love the new intensity. The vets have to work hard in camp, get their running in, work on fundamentals, maybe it will help build a sense of urgency, comraderie. I hate the businesslike approach that we've had for so many years.Youth brings emotion, and in doses, that's a great thing. Wang finally had a decent start, so that's something. Hughes has looked lights out. They are fighting with the Rays. Bring it on.I for one have been wanting the team to cut payroll for years, and they are sticking to their guns. I'm probably stupid, but I was hoping to god that we wouldn't trade for Santana. I'd rather finish in second with a young crop of talent and a homegrown team than just have a bunch of hired guns. Muss, Giambi and Abreu off the books next year, so be it. Although, our positional talent isn't ready for the bigs. We overpaid for our vets, but at least they were our vets, so that's something

How about1)I won 19 games the past 2 years Wang2)I used HGH twice 7 years ago im sure the effects have worn off Pettite3)Phil Hughes-young amazing arm4)Ian Kennedy-another great young pitcher5)Mussina-ok hes past his prime
1. pettite used it at least twice. we'll never really know for sure. But, I'm sure quite a lot of people will take his word. Just thought I'd be the semantical one about this.2. those 3-5 starters will never be top-flight guys if they don't have the hutzbah to talk about themselves like wang and pettite just did there in your post. hutzbah.A's fan for the record.
  • 2 weeks later...
The Jays have the best rotation in the east ..AINEC
I'm not even going to disagree with your statement right now, but to say that it's not close is delusional. (Ok so very in character at the very least)

if one more person suggests that we move Joba to the rotation, I'll slap them.Anyone who watched last nights game realizes that LaTroy Hawkins and Kyle Farnsworth are the answer in the 8th inning. That ball Pena hit landed in the new stadium. Cliff Floyds home run nearly killed a fan in right field. It's just ugly right now. When you're jonesing for Tom Gordon, things are rough. Credit where its due, he pitched well for us.

if one more person suggests that we move Joba to the rotation, I'll slap them.Anyone who watched last nights game realizes that LaTroy Hawkins and Kyle Farnsworth are the answer in the 8th inning. That ball Pena hit landed in the new stadium. Cliff Floyds home run nearly killed a fan in right field. It's just ugly right now. When you're jonesing for Tom Gordon, things are rough. Credit where its due, he pitched well for us.
Amen. As much as the starting rotation scares me, the 7th/8th inning scares me way more. Joba better stay in his spot unless(1) we get a lot of bullpen help (and I mean a LOT)or(2) 2 or 3 starters end up on the DLOn a related topic, I am just amazed that in a game (yesterday) where both Mussina and Farnsworth ended up on the mound, we only gave up one run. Those two may very well be my two least favorite (current) Yankees. Farnsworth for the obvious reasons, and Mussina not just for the meltdown he had last year but also for his prima donna "I need my own personal catcher" attitude.

Really? I've always been a big fan of Moose. I'm glad he had a good outing yesterday. Obviously he's no where near consistent, but I think he can still demonstrate a good command of the game from the mound.Farnsworth has a sick arm, can throw hard as hell, and has some nasty pitches. Unfortunately, things get in his head and he has blowups. If he were at his A game all the time, he'd be a fantastic pitcher.It's good to see that the offense is starting to wake up. Matsui's starting off very well, Bobby had a great game, A-Rod has had some nice hits. I think if we sort out a few pitching issues, the Yankees are going to have a great year.

Yeah took Bobby about 2 months to get started last year. Pitching is just scary at this point though. Ian Kennedy looked atrocious! Hopefully he can bouce back, after all there is definitely a bit of pressure startign the season in the rotation as a 23 YO.

Really? I've always been a big fan of Moose. I'm glad he had a good outing yesterday. Obviously he's no where near consistent, but I think he can still demonstrate a good command of the game from the mound.Farnsworth has a sick arm, can throw hard as hell, and has some nasty pitches. Unfortunately, things get in his head and he has blowups. If he were at his A game all the time, he'd be a fantastic pitcher.It's good to see that the offense is starting to wake up. Matsui's starting off very well, Bobby had a great game, A-Rod has had some nice hits. I think if we sort out a few pitching issues, the Yankees are going to have a great year.
There is just something about the way Moose answers questions that rubs me the wrong way. Obviously he has been a good pitcher for a while, but maybe he just isn't adjusting well to having his skills slide; I don't know, it might just be me, but he always seems to have this bitchy attitude towards anyone who dares to question him. Farnsworth just fits the old "million dollar arm, ten cent brain" cliche. I think we should finally admit failure in that project, and move on.The thing about the pitching is that Wang and Pettite should be solid, and Mussina will be inconsistent at best. I think this teams fortunes will therefore be determined by how well Hughes and Kennedy can adjust to their first full seasons. And putting our stock in two rookie pitchers definitely has me nervous.

LLY likes Moose. Surprise. Mussina is a Stanford guy. Kidding, I've always liked Moose, but we've never won anything with him on the team. Not his fault, just sayin'.Abreu is on fire because he came to camp in shape. You know, contract year and all.I dont care who they are, if they're wearing the Pinstripes, I want them to have a career year.So, the new buzz. ARod to short, Ensberg to 3rd. Until Jeter gets healthy, with the statement that Jeter gets his job back when he's healthy. I'd be ok with it, but maybe ARod has outgrown short. Then again, according to all the Bill James stats, Jeter is the worst shortstop in the game, so what is there to lose?