haven't really looked this far ahead, what are the problems with step 6?
Last year it played as a one-table SNG and paid 6 places (IIRC). First of course was the $12K package, second and third was $1500, fourth and fifth paid $1K and I think 6th paid $500. This year it is a one-table winner take all or you can play a two-table that pays top 2.
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit - my badThe thing I like about them is that you can use a step 4 ticket for entry into the Million and similar tournaments. If I had known was going to happen last year I would have kept my step 4's instead of busting out.

Last year it played as a one-table SNG and paid 6 places (IIRC). First of course was the $12K package, second and third was $1500, fourth and fifth paid $1K and I think 6th paid $500. This year it is a one-table winner take all or you can play a two-table that pays top 2.
This. I was stoked when they started up again but once I saw the Step 6 structure I lost interest. Now the only point would be that they seem like a half decent way to sat into the Sunday Mill.
This. I was stoked when they started up again but once I saw the Step 6 structure I lost interest. Now the only point would be that they seem like a half decent way to sat into the Sunday Mill.
Steps 1-3 are ridic soft, I got to Step 5 without losing from Step 1 on but then got coolered.I'll be running them as Sunday sats now.
Steps 1-3 are ridic soft, I got to Step 5 without losing from Step 1 on but then got coolered.I'll be running them as Sunday sats now.
Yeah, and even if you can afford the Mill every week. I would highly recommend trying some Step 3s. $82 buyin, 5th-3rd gets Step3 ticket back. Last year I remember Step 3 being the eaiset step.
which do you think would be a better option, the 1 table or 2 table?

Have four step 3 tickets, played one and placed 4th.Step 3 is odd as there are 5 "winners" 2 for the next step and 3 to try again.So if it's 5 of 9 get to try again or move up this would be the most nitish step and the first one that gives you and option of turbo or regular.I chose regular, what would be your preference?

Have four step 3 tickets, played one and placed 4th.Step 3 is odd as there are 5 "winners" 2 for the next step and 3 to try again.So if it's 5 of 9 get to try again or move up this would be the most nitish step and the first one that gives you and option of turbo or regular.I chose regular, what would be your preference?
i would choose regular also. how did you end up with 4 tickets to the same step?
ive never even looked at these steps before, but I prolly will this weekend.You could go either way for this. Turbos may be nice because forced action will expedite the play. Meaning you could almost surely fold into a top 5 every time. Granted the point is to finish top 2....but it seems like you could almost fold throughout and play a medium sized pot once, if you win, you go for the top two, if you lose, you slow things down and play to "make the push". This sounds addictive. Mabye i shouldn't get started in these :club:
i would choose regular also. how did you end up with 4 tickets to the same step?
Um won four 2nd stepsI thought it would be good to deal with one step at a time, so I played a bunch of step ones and build up a number of step 2 tickets, then play the second steps all together, now I've got the step 3s ready to go.This way I could get used to the different play at each step.Bad idea?
Um won four 2nd stepsI thought it would be good to deal with one step at a time, so I played a bunch of step ones and build up a number of step 2 tickets, then play the second steps all together, now I've got the step 3s ready to go.This way I could get used to the different play at each step.Bad idea?
not at all, just hadn't thought of that myself. i'm cheap and trying to get through on my original $7.50.edit: in fact, getting used to the different play at each step is probably a really good idea.
Step 3 is tighter than my ******* before I met r0llin_game
5 is even worse, but yeah 3 is tighter than 4, it's ridic.

anybody qualify through these things yet? they have 2 options, a 1 table/6man tourney or 2 table/12 man. i'm leaning toward the 2 table, just wondering if anyone has any experience or insight 0n these that would be helpful. i'm assuming play will be extremely tight but tight play and 6 handed don't work all that well together, 6 handed play isn't exactly my strong suit either. any experiences people could share, good/bad/indifferent would be appreciated

anybody qualify through these things yet? they have 2 options, a 1 table/6man tourney or 2 table/12 man. i'm leaning toward the 2 table, just wondering if anyone has any experience or insight 0n these that would be helpful. i'm assuming play will be extremely tight but tight play and 6 handed don't work all that well together, 6 handed play isn't exactly my strong suit either. any experiences people could share, good/bad/indifferent would be appreciated
Keep the Step 6 ticket for an EPT or similar event when you at least have a fairer chance of cashing some decent money!
Remember too that it's going to be 6handed at the most. As people get eliminated, you'll be 4 and 5 handed also. I would play the 1 table, no need to win an extra flip if you don't have to. Remember 2nd pays the same as 6th, zig when they zag. Also I would look up the other people(or have a buddy doing it for you at the start) at the table on sharkscope or opr to get an idea of what you're dealing with. Re-pop the player(s) who are trying to take advatage of the tight early play. Check average finish, how often they finish 1st as opposed to itm, etc.