• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys take your TOP's very seriously.

rofl, easy to see what you did there.
I even accidentally found something for the "How High is She" tranny thread.. sigh..
Where's Hang?
due to all of the ice and snow we currently have here...probably at home
Yeah.I had to go to work today. It was so bad they closed early. Fun......been playing some games. There's a new freebie on XBL called Dash of Destruction. Blatant Doritos advert, but it's fun for a quick gamerscore boost.
Yeah.I had to go to work today. It was so bad they closed early. Fun......been playing some games. There's a new freebie on XBL called Dash of Destruction. Blatant Doritos advert, but it's fun for a quick gamerscore boost.
Funny how you yankees handle the ice and we southerners freak out.Yesterday was the worst winter storm in 6 years and I bet it was nothing more than you guys go through on a weekly basis.EVERYTHING closed down.Local programming was nothing but News alerts about how the streets were frozen and dangerous.We watched DOT cameras on the news like we were seeing a high speed chase or something.Reporter: "As you can see here...a car has come to a stop against the guardrail and is stuck in the ice. There were no injuries but the driver said he slid on the ice and can not get his car to move now."Anchor: " Yes Jeff...we can see the car... can you tell us if there were any problems associated with this accident? Was the driver able to get out of the car?"Reporter: " Yes Tom... we spoke with the driver and he said 'although the ground was slippery'...he was able to get out of his car unharmed."On the other side...one guy did jump off an overpass to avoid a car that was sliding and fell 50 feet to his death yesterday.Back to you, Hang.
  • 2 weeks later...
On the other side...one guy did jump off an overpass to avoid a car that was sliding and fell 50 feet to his death yesterday.
i wonder if his last thoughts were, "i wish i had thought this through. god, i wish i had a stunt double."
please try not to catch the plague, or malaria, or cholera....or any other freakish disease!
not going to botswana or anything crazy like that.i'm going somewhere more dangerous for me personally.
i wonder if his last thoughts were, "i wish i had thought this through. god, i wish i had a stunt double."
We're stupid....but we aint cheap.I think even a priest says "Oh fuck!" in that situation.
I'm still around
If it makes you feel any better, everytime MLB has another steroids scandal, I think of you! :club:
If it makes you feel any better, everytime MLB has another steroids scandal, I think of you! :club:
lol,speaking of that last night on XM they were comparing the steroid era with the 1919 Black Sox scandal and trying to decide which was worseI always thought throwing the World Series is far worse than doping, but with each shred of evidence they presented I may actually start to change my tune. They brought up the list that implicated A-Rod, and said that if Bonds or Clemens' name is on that list then it's pretty much a slam dunk perjury conviction for those two. They also brought up that if the MLBPA lawyers advised players to cycle off because they knew who was next on the testing list then those lawyers could be disbarred over it.
lol,speaking of that last night on XM they were comparing the steroid era with the 1919 Black Sox scandal and trying to decide which was worseI always thought throwing the World Series is far worse than doping, but with each shred of evidence they presented I may actually start to change my tune. They brought up the list that implicated A-Rod, and said that if Bonds or Clemens' name is on that list then it's pretty much a slam dunk perjury conviction for those two. They also brought up that if the MLBPA lawyers advised players to cycle off because they knew who was next on the testing list then those lawyers could be disbarred over it.
The sad part about those lists, is the players were warned about the testing ahead of time, and still over 100 of them tested postive.. /sigh.Well, both scandals can be traced directly back to the owners. In 1919, Players were kept out of the profits of baseball for the most part, making them obvious mob/bookie targets, since meaningful money could swing them to "fix" games. The Owners paid a hefty price for squeezing the players back then.Nowadays, the owners had a big hand in the lockout, a blind eye in the Sosa v. McGwire juiceball era, and, along with the scouts, tell all those poor f*ckers in the colleges and minors they need to "bulk up, add twenty pounds, get faster, etc..".. Considering the basic MLB salary is in the $400,000 range, getting called up to the majors is essentially winning the lottery for these kids, so I don't see the whole situation going away any time soon.Greedy Owners, Greedy players, and plenty of money to lust after.It's too bad baseball can't model itself after the NFL, which doesn't have such problems. <sw>
  • 1 year later...

So I'm sitting here, watching the Sandlot.Great movie. An American classic. You feel for the kid when he embarrasses himself in front of the guys. Then when he gets hit in the eye by his stepdad's throw.You smile when he is finally accepted by his peers.You laugh at Squints as he puts the moves on the lifeguard.You feel somewhat patriotic during the night game.You get almost squeamish when they decide to chew Big Chief.You feel the tension mount when Smalls jacks his stepdad's Babe Ruth ball and belts it over the fence....then I had an epiphany.I have seen this movie frequently since I was around 7. And all I can think of now is that something is amiss.There is some kind of plothole in this movie that just doesn't sit right in my 25-year-old, cynical mind.Why didn't he just jack that baseball his stepdad played catch with him with?!Oh my God, an American classic RUINED!RUINED I SAY!

you just ruined my life...quite literallybut still was happy to peruse this thread again...so many memories! anyone seen Fleur lately btw?
oh yeah i almost forgot:emma-watson1g.jpgand +1
you just ruined my life...quite literallybut still was happy to peruse this thread again...so many memories! anyone seen Fleur lately btw?
This hurts me as much as it hurts you.