Stacked Off This Hand

I guess I should've folded it, but I couldn't because he called a UTG raise at UTG + 1. In the end I said if he has it I have to pay it. Also could've had a set and I should've folded because it looked like it. I just can't see how I could fold this hand especially in the posistions it was played.FullTiltPoker Game #5465381768: $17,000 Guarantee (41406354), Table 14 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:12:00 ET - 2008/03/02Seat 1: macamiah (2,940)Seat 2: billyallday32 (2,495)Seat 3: bballlind711 (2,985)Seat 4: BlackWarCloud (3,690)Seat 5: Rhegium (3,105)Seat 6: EliteOzz (6,115)Seat 7: Calculate This (2,895)Seat 8: BulletProof604 (2,850)Seat 9: stave_69 (2,880)bballlind711 posts the small blind of 20BlackWarCloud posts the big blind of 40The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Rhegium [Qc Qd]Rhegium raises to 120EliteOzz calls 120Calculate This foldsBulletProof604 foldsstave_69 foldsmacamiah foldsbillyallday32 foldsbballlind711 foldsBlackWarCloud folds*** FLOP *** [6s 8c Jd]Rhegium bets 250EliteOzz calls 250*** TURN *** [6s 8c Jd] [7c]Rhegium has 15 seconds left to actRhegium bets 750EliteOzz raises to 5,745, and is all inRhegium calls 1,985, and is all inEliteOzz shows [Td 9s]Rhegium shows [Qc Qd]Uncalled bet of 3,010 returned to EliteOzz*** RIVER *** [6s 8c Jd 7c] [2s]EliteOzz shows a straight, Jack highRhegium shows a pair of QueensEliteOzz wins the pot (6,270) with a straight, Jack highRhegium stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6,270 | Rake 0Board: [6s 8c Jd 7c 2s]Seat 1: macamiah didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: billyallday32 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: bballlind711 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: BlackWarCloud (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: Rhegium showed [Qc Qd] and lost with a pair of QueensSeat 6: EliteOzz showed [Td 9s] and won (6,270) with a straight, Jack highSeat 7: Calculate This didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: BulletProof604 didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: stave_69 didn't bet (folded)

Full Tilt (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif. SB posts a blind of 20. Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, 7 folds.Flop: 6spade.gif, 8club.gif, Jdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.Turn: 7club.gif(2 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 raises 5745 (All-In), Hero calls 1985 (All-In).River: 2spade.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: Use the hand convertor at flopturnriver.com

I agree with our read of it as a set, but even if it isn, the only thing you beat is a bluff. The board is horrendous for 2 pairs and straights, and his call in UTG+1 makes sets not unlikely. The only thing you beat is a bluff. Fold to the raise.

Once he called your flop, you should be thinking 7,Q,10,5 (in that order) are your scare cards and you're already losing to all the sets and AA, KK. I would actually be really happy since I have 2 of the Qs. The facts are:. One of your key scare cards came.. You fired a healthy bet and he said "I don't care" with his shove.. There are only a small number of hands that don't beat you that might do that. Like a badly played AJ who thinks your flop bet is a continuation.. You only have one pair.Fold and fight another day.

A better line to take here if you have your mind made up that youre going with this hand would be to check raise the turn. Disguises your hand a bit and gets value out of hands that you have beat. Just firing and firing is likely to fold hands that you're ahead of and put you in a sick spot against other hands.