number of players at the wsop

I cannot find this the least bit interesting unless there is some kind of a pool with the pot going to the person who guesses the closest.How about 5 bucks a head...winner take all?Greg

I'm pretty sure they're limiting the number of entrants this year. It will be more than last year, but not unlimited. I'm looking on the internet for a link to this information because I can't remember the number or where I read it. It might be posted in an earlier thread on this forum. I think this is why pre-registration is being advised, especially for the main event.

The 6600 includes alternates. 2000 players and 200 alternates per day.As of midday yesterday, there were 1200 guaranteed or awarded seats from online play that were verifiable. This excludes pacificpoker, doyle'sroom, and, most importantly, partypoker. Including party, the number should be roughly 1650. This number will rise as party, stars, ub, and paradise continue their regular schedule of satellites.Some of the sites register their winners immediately, while others are waiting until June.Last year, it was roughly 900 players qualifying online.

There will be a cap of 6600 players for the main event which is expected to be completely filled.2000 players per first day (of which there are three) and 200 alternates although they may make it 11 handed.Also play starts at 11-00am and not midday as listed.There will also be a cap of 2200 players for each of the other events and they expect most of those other no limit events to sell out too.Info supplied to me by Harrahs in response to an e-mail I sent them asking for precise details after they confirmed I play on July 7th at 11-00am.

There will be a cap of 6600 players for the main event which is expected to be completely filled.2000 players per first day (of which there are three) and 200 alternates although they may make it 11 handed.Also play starts at 11-00am and not midday as listed.There will also be a cap of 2200 players for each of the other events and they expect most of those other no limit events to sell out too.Info supplied to me by Harrahs in response to an e-mail I sent them asking for precise details after they confirmed I play on July 7th at 11-00am.
Harry, I would imagine the stud events will be capped at 1600 with 160 alternates. Just being picky, though. They do play 8-handed, correct? Keep up the good posts.-adam

Also, keep in mind the numbers in that post can not be extrapolated to guess the final online count quite yet. There is no start date for the data, many of the seats are guaranteed to be awarded but have not yet been 'won,' per se. In any situation where I had reason to believe the seat was far more than likely to be won (ie the FPP satellites on stars) I included it. I will be charting the data once I've collected enough of it for the numbers to be statistically relevant.I'm curious to know how many seats have been awarded by Harrah's smaller properties.-adam

Also, keep in mind the numbers in that post can not be extrapolated to guess the final online count quite yet. There is no start date for the data, many of the seats are guaranteed to be awarded but have not yet been 'won,' per se. In any situation where I had reason to believe the seat was far more than likely to be won (ie the FPP satellites on stars) I included it. I will be charting the data once I've collected enough of it for the numbers to be statistically relevant.I'm curious to know how many seats have been awarded by Harrah's smaller properties.-adam
When you do this extrapolation, be sure to include the fact that the number of seats given out will increase as tournament time draws near.
When you do this extrapolation' date=' be sure to include the fact that the number of seats given out will increase as tournament time draws near.[/quote']This isn't is as simple as it seems, but your point is valid..There are some other factors I'm aware of that are at play.. First off, the number of qualified players may take a certain percentage of the field from these satellites. Of course, a lot of these winners will keep playing them for the relatively weak fields.Second, the marketing of the event may increase or decrease over the next month based on the pace of registration.Lastly, there may be some coordination between harrah's and the sites to limit the number of online qualifiers. There are numerous offline satellites for the event, and Harrah's may not want to run into the problem of hanging a giant "no vacancy" sign at the tournament registration line come tourney time. Just over 1/3 of the field last year consisted of online qualifiers. If we're on pace for ~2500 seats, this may be the case.Nevertheless, I believe they'll be within 500 seats of the cap if the event isn't capped.-adam
Harry, I would imagine the stud events will be capped at 1600 with 160 alternates. Just being picky, though. They do play 8-handed, correct? Keep up the good posts.-adam
You can't play Stud more than 7 handed, there's only 52 cards in the deck.

Which is why every site online plays it 8-handed?This isn't like omaha, where there is a strict limit of 11 players based on 5 community cards, 40 dealt cards, and 3 burns. Not every player is dealt 7 cards, let alone all at once.. otherwise stud would be really boringI've only run into the community river card once online, and it was not dealt. It was stud8 on party and my nut low + straightflush draw missed by the merit of not getting a 7th card. Should this happen in tournament play, a community card should be dealt, I believe.That and the wsop stud final tables are 8-handed. It's very rare that an entire table will stay in until 7th. Heck, at this level of play, it's very rare that an entire table will stay in until 4th.

You can't play Stud more than 7 handed, there's only 52 cards in the deck.
yes you can...8 all the time....and if all 8 stay to the river, the final card is put on the board as a community card like hold em
Info supplied to me by Harrahs in response to an e-mail I sent them asking for precise details after they confirmed I play on July 7th at 11-00am.
Harry, when did you send in your pre-registration? I sent mine on April 27 and haven't gotten confirmation that they received my payment yet.