up like 42 thousand in march despite not playing 9 of the days. gonna try and ship a 50K month, fingers crossssed.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh and heres this sweet hand from yesterday:Full Tilt Poker Game #5820697529: Table Vivian (heads up) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:55:26 ET - 2008/03/28 Seat 1: regrefvd ($830.10) Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($1,217.50) IHaveAStrong9 posts the small blind of $5 regrefvd posts the big blind of $10 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [7d 5d] IHaveAStrong9 raises to $30 regrefvd calls $20 *** FLOP *** [2h Ac 6s] regrefvd bets $40 IHaveAStrong9 raises to $160 regrefvd has 15 seconds left to act regrefvd raises to $320 IHaveAStrong9 has 15 seconds left to act IHaveAStrong9 raises to $1,187.50, and is all in regrefvd has 15 seconds left to act regrefvd folds Uncalled bet of $867.50 returned to IHaveAStrong9 IHaveAStrong9 shows [7d 5d] Ace Seven high IHaveAStrong9 wins the pot ($699.50) *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $700 | Rake $0.50 Board: [2h Ac 6s] Seat 1: regrefvd (big blind) folded on the Flop Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 (small blind) collected ($699.50)

ooh and heres this sweet hand from yesterday:Full Tilt Poker Game #5820697529: Table Vivian (heads up) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:55:26 ET - 2008/03/28 Seat 1: regrefvd ($830.10) Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($1,217.50) IHaveAStrong9 posts the small blind of $5 regrefvd posts the big blind of $10 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [7d 5d] IHaveAStrong9 raises to $30 regrefvd calls $20 *** FLOP *** [2h Ac 6s] regrefvd bets $40 IHaveAStrong9 raises to $160 regrefvd has 15 seconds left to act regrefvd raises to $320 IHaveAStrong9 has 15 seconds left to act IHaveAStrong9 raises to $1,187.50, and is all in regrefvd has 15 seconds left to act regrefvd folds Uncalled bet of $867.50 returned to IHaveAStrong9 IHaveAStrong9 shows [7d 5d] Ace Seven high IHaveAStrong9 wins the pot ($699.50) *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $700 | Rake $0.50 Board: [2h Ac 6s] Seat 1: regrefvd (big blind) folded on the Flop Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 (small blind) collected ($699.50)
Was he not flatting with an ace preflop? Did you think he had a set or nothing? It's a pretty dry board. What was your thought process?
Teach me.
Get smacked in the face with the deck 4-handed at 10/20 NL.
Pitty this is probably going to be the only poker you play till August, play some more poker man!!!
Eh. Might play some tonight. Somehow I'm running at $101/hr so far in 2008.
Was he not flatting with an ace preflop? Did you think he had a set or nothing? It's a pretty dry board. What was your thought process?
He just had a big tendency to donk out with nothing, as I called a few down and other times raised the flop and he quickly folded. I was pretty sure he was going to try and 3 bet bluff the flop before I raised, so shoving the flop seemed almost necessary. Usually during bluffs I am a bit nervous depending on how big the pot is, but on this hand, I was strangely very calm when it was on him after I made the 4th raise, and was pretty sure that he would fold haha. I'm sure sometimes this kind of play backfires huge, but hey, it didn't their, so thats whats important right?? :club:

Two pretty cool milestones reached this month:Over $100k in lifetime profit from pokerOnce again profitable at every level of NLHE I've played

Haven't checked this thread in a few days. Wasn't expecting a dramabomb.

Well, if I was brought on a show and someone asked me about going broke in NLH with one pair, I wouldn't be thinking about how awful the question was. I would take the question and turn it in the direction I wanted the instruction to go. It's a difficult medium to use for instruction and the burden falls upon the person giving the advice to try that much harder.Thanks for clearing up what you meant in your first post. I have a pretty thick skin most of the time but was in a bit of a bad mood last night when someone told me about the thread. To be honest, it wasn't your post that bothered me, it was iggy's.
Adam, I certainly wasn't trying to say the whole interview was bad. For a secondary segment, I thought that you had quite a bit prepared and asked a lot of open-ended questions that basically just gave me a chance to talk. I think that you do a very good job with the Pokercast all things considered. If you reread my comment a few pages back, what I said was:
Yeah, I actually kinda felt bad when I listened to myself that I didn't shut them down harder on the pot control comment. I was thinking about the preflop thing halfway through what he was saying and I think I just kinda missed what an awful question it was.
Those two sentences are the sum total of everything negative I had to say about the interview and they were all about that one question. And really it was my handling of the question that I was upset with, not that you asked it. At the start of the question, you were talking about how to avoid going broke with middle and bottom set, and I already was mentally structuring my reply, when you mentioned "playing for pot control with middle and bottom set".Now the absolute #1 point I was trying to get across throughout the interview was playing aggressively with medium-strength to strong hands like middle and bottom set and pretty much never flat-calling that kind of spot. If I were doing my job properly, I would have stopped and addressed that playing for pot control with sets was very ineffective and the exact kind of passive mistake that hurts a lot of beginning to intermediate players. However, by glossing over the last part of the question, I felt like I gave tacit approval for the idea which was frustrating. You're absolutely right that I should have turned it in a different direction, that was 100% my fault. You weren't there to be the strategy expert, you were there to ask questions and you did that job very well.
playing for pot control with sets was very ineffective and the exact kind of passive mistake that hurts a lot of beginning to intermediate players.
Look at how long it took you guys to burn that concept in to my head...lolAt the end of the day, I'm glad that they are talking about omaha on these shows.

Cashed in the Stars 100K, the $10K RTR freeroll AND earned a $26 Token at FT. Not bad for a microcash grinding donk. :club: I still have $11 at FT, good for 2 more shots at Tokens.I'll play those when I get back from rewarding myself with some Taco Bell. :ts:D

Up 15.5k on the month including rakeback (12.2k after I shipped pt his share of the few days he had my action). My first 5 digit month (previous best was 7300 after rakeback/bonuses) and some incredible progress this month as I only played 18k hands so far this month. Hoping to finish my last day strong at 2/4 and 3/6 and maybe take some shots at 5/10 in April.

Up 15.5k on the month including rakeback (12.2k after I shipped pt his share of the few days he had my action). My first 5 digit month (previous best was 7300 after rakeback/bonuses) and some incredible progress this month as I only played 18k hands so far this month. Hoping to finish my last day strong at 2/4 and 3/6 and maybe take some shots at 5/10 in April.
Congrats!

so that's it for the month. up another $100 today:monatqd6.jpgi've run at about 5bb/100 at NLHE and at about -whateverbb/100 at LHE, so i'm going to quit LHE until i get the passion to play it again. Do you guys think that 5bb/100 is sustainable? March is the only month that i really grinded through (though i started in the middle of the month, march 15), so i have no idea what usual win rate of a winning NLHE player is. I don't feel like i've run really lucky, i think it was a bit of a mixed month. My cards held up most of the times and i got sucked out on for sometimes 2 buyins [but not more] against bigstack donkeys sometimes, but overall i don't feel like i've run unlucky or something. the games i play currently (.25/.50) are redicolously soft, as the many loose / passive players allow me to build pots very easily. so is 5bb/100 sustainable or am i just running good?

Finished out the month strong anyway...good thing, as I had an 8 buyin downswing right off the hop. I didn't get as many hands in as I'd hoped, so I may have to either step that up, or reduce my expectations for next month. Ship the back to back winning months though for the first time in about 6 months....Here's my last 14 days at 50plolast14xy9.jpg

so that's it for the month. up another $100 today:i've run at about 5bb/100 at NLHE and at about -whateverbb/100 at LHE, so i'm going to quit LHE until i get the passion to play it again. Do you guys think that 5bb/100 is sustainable? March is the only month that i really grinded through (though i started in the middle of the month, march 15), so i have no idea what usual win rate of a winning NLHE player is. I don't feel like i've run really lucky, i think it was a bit of a mixed month. My cards held up most of the times and i got sucked out on for sometimes 2 buyins [but not more] against bigstack donkeys sometimes, but overall i don't feel like i've run unlucky or something. the games i play currently (.25/.50) are redicolously soft, as the many loose / passive players allow me to build pots very easily. so is 5bb/100 sustainable or am i just running good?
Is the PTBB/100hands or just BBs?At the higher limits (5/10 and up) the ceiling of what you can win is normaly around 5-6 PTBBs/100 hands and that's really only acheivable is you are one of the best 5%.At lower limits ($50NL down) it think it's possible to win at 10-13 PTBBs/100 hands.

Moved into my new apartment on Saturday. I'm so happy to be in the new place, I'll post some pics once we get everything set up. My March is over and although I only played half the hands I wanted to, I still feel like I had a very successful month. I didn't have one single losing day the entire month. 13,470 hands at 100nlHU, +$2,861.30 11ptbb/1004,733 hands at 200nlHU, +$2,469.20 13ptbb/100plus took 4th in the only online tourney I played all month for $1,8702777806070082508277S600x600Q85.jpg

congrats snamuh on breaking 10k. fun feeling eh?20k in a few months prob. or maybe even april :club:- Jordan
I'm gonna make 20k in April, taking shots at 25/50 HU.
Is the PTBB/100hands or just BBs?At the higher limits (5/10 and up) the ceiling of what you can win is normaly around 5-6 PTBBs/100 hands and that's really only acheivable is you are one of the best 5%.At lower limits ($50NL down) it think it's possible to win at 10-13 PTBBs/100 hands.
it was ptbb.
March has been my 2nd $10k+ month. :club:
humm, wierd I thought you had already strung a few of these together recently. I am sure the pits in vegas are very happy to hear about your success.But in all seriousness, I am really happy to see you crushing souls so badly after grinding small stake minbet for so long.
congrats snamuh on breaking 10k. fun feeling eh?20k in a few months prob. or maybe even april :club:- Jordan
I hope so! It's insane to be having 4 figure days almost every day, especially when I realize how far I've come.