Jobs are -EV (entertainment value).
I click on the goals thread seeing iggymcfly has just posted, and there's an air of anticipation.I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment at your post.BTW, I think you made a good fold with the quads. I don't think I could have done that.
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I click on the goals thread seeing iggymcfly has just posted, and there's an air of anticipation.I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment at your post.BTW, I think you made a good fold with the quads. I don't think I could have done that.
Uhh,...what??

My goal is to win 1 million playchips in March to get in the right frame of mind to whip on Las Vegas when I go there.I'm probably going to play 2/5, but if I do well I'll move up to 5/10 or 10/20.

My goal is to win 1 million playchips in March to get in the right frame of mind to whip on Las Vegas when I go there.I'm probably going to play 2/5, but if I do well I'll move up to 5/10 or 10/20.
LOL. Play chips to 10/20. Classic.

Since yall are my boys...heres several updates1. My grandpa has about 2 days to live. He chose to stop dialysis and is bleeding internally, he will be dead by the end of the weekend. 2. I made 200% on my money this month from some DL poker taking money from a guy I felt was cheating me. I figured out his scheme and took it. 3. I will be drunk playing a lot of the weekend. $195 to blow. mattnxtc on ftp. You will see me once I get drunk. Again it is great yall are who yall are and dont forget it.

OMG, I'm a gambling addict. I'm going into therapy this week at some point. I owed my buddy $3,000 going into this week; we started betting, I got even, then I got down $15,500 and we got to the point where I was betting $15,000 on a single hand and if I lost I would have ended up paying him over 30K, but I won the hand and I got even.Still, the betting was ridiculous. I 100% need to talk to a therapist about this shit and get it all squared away; otherwise I'll **** my whole life up. I recognize my problem and I'm definitelt going to work on it.

Since yall are my boys...heres several updates1. My grandpa has about 2 days to live. He choseto stop dialysis and is bleeding internally, he will be dead by the end of the weekend.
That's how I want to go out too man, on my own terms - good for him.Condolences to you and your family, obv.
OMG, I'm a gambling addict. I'm going into therapy this week at some point. I owed my buddy $3,000 going into this week; we started betting, I got even, then I got down $15,500 and we got to the point where I was betting $15,000 on a single hand and if I lost I would have ended up paying him over 30K, but I won the hand and I got even.Still, the betting was ridiculous. I 100% need to talk to a therapist about this shit and get it all squared away; otherwise I'll **** my whole life up. I recognize my problem and I'm definitelt going to work on it.
I'm optimistic that you'll get this under control since you are this self-aware. I'll be thinking of you.
I'm optimistic that you'll get this under control since you are this self-aware. I'll be thinking of you.
You obviously haven't been reading the goals threads for the past couple of years.
You obviously haven't been reading the goals threads for the past couple of years.
<incident>"Oops"<incident>"I need to stop this"<incident>"I think I may have a problem"<incident>"Ya, I really think I have a problem"<incident>"Ok, I'm going to stop this"-break of a couple of months- <incident>"Oops"

I could spend all day digging up old (and more recent) iggy posts about him running up insane amounts of money, then unceremoniously pissing it all away only to have to start over yet again (it's not hard to do if you are familiar with the search function) but really, what's the point of pouring salt on the wound. I really hoped that winning the 2p2 hu tourney would be the catalyst that turned things around, but to see him post about betting 15k on a single flipament hand to try and get even makes it obvious that leopards unfortunately don't change their spots.If there is/was anything I or any other true member of the FCP community could do to help this guy, I'm sure we all would do our part. Hell, we've all tried. It's unfortunate.

I go through exactly the same feelings.
Since yall are my boys...heres several updates1. My grandpa has about 2 days to live. He chose to stop dialysis and is bleeding internally, he will be dead by the end of the weekend. 2. I made 200% on my money this month from some DL poker taking money from a guy I felt was cheating me. I figured out his scheme and took it. 3. I will be drunk playing a lot of the weekend. $195 to blow. mattnxtc on ftp. You will see me once I get drunk. Again it is great yall are who yall are and dont forget it.
:club: *hugs*Oh look new Iggy incident. There you go Simo.I don't mean to sound intrusive, but your friends sound like the biggest douchebags in the world for doing this kind of shit with you.

If his buddies were truly douchebags do you not think he woulda booked the 15k win and called it a day?This guy was clearly doing him a favor and writing off the 3k.

I've only been a member at FCP since Augest but I've witnessed the recent chapters in Iggys life. Let me tell you, I'm pulling for you to get this under control but you may have to go to a treatment center. You don't want to end up like Sam Grizzle, do you?

Condolences
That's how I want to go out too man, on my own terms - good for him.Condolences to you and your family, obv.
QFT
Sorry if this example comes a bit rude but a heroin addict can't take heroin addiction under control. He just quits or destroys himself.
bad analogy. get hooked on dope. you'll understand. having a gambling problem is much more like having a coke problem.

Worst part of all this (and I'm not trying to pile on Iggy here) is that he's not even busto this time - was just dangerously close to it yet again.Take this the right way iggy. Nobody here takes any joy in seeing you do this to yourself. Reach out to someone for help man. Pm me if you need to. Don't go down the same self destuctive path.

iggy, stop gambling without an edge (50/50 isn't an edge). I think that'd help somewhat.Also, I am running at $250/hr over the 50 hours that I've played poker since the beginning of February. It's funny...the faster I win, the less I care to play.

My goals for March:1) Open an account on FCP (SUCCESS)2) Earn the respect and adulation of the FCP community (or at least don't get banned...) (NOT FAILED YET...)3) Become the Featured member of the month for March. This seems unlikely, but is a goal nonetheless. (MARCH ISN'T OVER YET...)4) Not lose money playing nose-bleed penny stakes online (SO FAR... SO GOOD)5) Make at least one regular FCPer chuckle and/or smile (everyone needs a good laugh now and again)6) Annoy no one7) Give psujohn the recognition he deserves for his tireless effort making FCP a better placeand finally...8) Convince everyone that I am *not* in fact psujohn, then throw a couple comments out there to make them doubt their initial assessment.