My Offical Nbc Heads Up Picks

That is really really really sick.
can someone explain cross-booking to me? i mean it sounds like he bet on himself? i have no clue, fill me in please?
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone explain cross-booking to me? i mean it sounds like he bet on himself? i have no clue, fill me in please?
Essentially a sicko last longer bet where the payoff amount is determined by the difference in prize winning.You and I crossbook at 100%. You bubble. I cash and profit 10K. You pay me an additional 10K. Pm me for me name on stars.

[x] Folding QQ preflop in a heads up match might be the worst move in poker[x] Showing an Ace HU when you have two of them in your hand and you just folded QQ preflop might be even worse than folding QQ preflop[x] Jamie gold is dumb.

Gossip from the HU Championship/LAPC from Fossilman over at 2+2http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthre...608&page=14Greg bet against Ivey against the qualifier, but in explaining his reasons why he cited Phil being tired after the LAPC (which makes sense) but dropped in this little nugget:Now, he just won 4M (he cross-booked the tournament with somebody, and won double the first prize), and he is likely a bit tired.Any idea who the poor bastard is who lost 1.5MM in a crossbook???
Holy ****, I would like to know who the very sad puppy at the other end of this bet is.
Did I read that right? Jamie Gold folded pocket queen's heads-up? That is surprising. From what I've read, Ted Forrest and Orel Hershiser are in a tough match. It seems like it's a pretty back and forth match between the two of them.
I was shocked that Jamie folded QQ preflop. I was holding 10 10 & was stone faced as he debated his move. Afterward I told Jamie I was holding KK, But probably should have showed him my 10's. I definately acted too quick to call all after showing me the A, I had already commited in my mind all in before he exposed the Ace. I put him on AQ or AJ after he exposed the A, yes he folded QQ the hand before but it is a lot easier to bet all in than it is to call all in. I didn't want a long grind it out game against Jamie. I thought he would have a edge in that type of matchup. My plan was to be aggresive & I got the cards to back it. Unfortunately everytime I had really good cards he had unbelievable cards. Tom Kelly
I was shocked that Jamie folded QQ preflop. I was holding 10 10 & was stone faced as he debated his move. Afterward I told Jamie I was holding KK, But probably should have showed him my 10's. I definately acted too quick to call all after showing me the A, I had already commited in my mind all in before he exposed the Ace. I put him on AQ or AJ after he exposed the A, yes he folded QQ the hand before but it is a lot easier to bet all in than it is to call all in. I didn't want a long grind it out game against Jamie. I thought he would have a edge in that type of matchup. My plan was to be aggresive & I got the cards to back it. Unfortunately everytime I had really good cards he had unbelievable cards. Tom Kelly
orly?
Jamie Gold up to his old tricksWhat Just Happened?Jaime Gold announces a raise preflop but doesn't specify an amount. Before he can, Tom Kelly moves all in and has Gold covered. Gold then decides to make the minimum raise and the action goes back to Kelly. Kelly moves all in once again and Gold takes advantage of a rule here at the heads-up championships, which allows a player to prematurely expose his hand to get a read. Gold turns over pocket queens and after minutes of tanking, decides to fold!The very next hand, Gold moves all in, flashing an ace. Kelly instantly calls once he sees the ace and shows A-K. Gold turns over another ace and has Kelly crushed. The board comes out 8-6-4-8-2 and Gold takes a 18,000 to 2,000 lead over the amateur from Florida.
WOW!!That's so crazy.And obv a snap call with the AK, no question. Good/interesting fold by Gold with the QQ. After Gold min-raises, is the all-in binding? Coz when I read it first, I thought it looked like Gold min-raised, to show weakness so Kelly would then still go all-in, and Gold would trap him with the QQ, so surprising he folded.Rly interesting sequence of hands.