My Offical Nbc Heads Up Picks

Daniel, I really hope that your focus won't be elsewhere (Australia) when it comes time to pwn everyone heads up. Please tell us that you will try to win this thing this year. I'd hate to watch this on tv thinking that you weren't really focused in on winning because of your Aussie obligations.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO :club: is the toughest bracket. There are a lot of beasts in that bracket - DN, Barry G. Benyamine, Doyle, E-Dog, SBRugby...I filled out my bracket before I read that DN may have other things on his mind, but here's my final 4:Gavin Smith, Bill Edler, Antonio, DN. I had DN taking it down, but I may reserve the right to switch that to Gavin.

I can't believe anyone hasn't brought this up yet. Alisha Kunze, the internet qualifier, wins over Johnny Chan!? Chan's prestige tells me that that's obviously wrong, but I have seen Chan a little bit too willing to gamble with the worst of it early on. Is this why you chose Alisha over Chan? Because you think that the internet amateur is going to play tight while Chan will be giving her all the action she wants while she'll be holding the nuts?

didnt little hire someone to help him wit his HU game cuz he isnt that great at HU?
If he did I'm unaware of this, He's a sit n go player and very methodical I can't see him being that bad at all....not to mention he got 2nd in a super tough Mirage 5k HU tourney. And his good friend Shannon got deep in the WSOP HU.
Nah it's all 'best of one' until the final where it's 'best of three'.
Eew, then I can easily see BT just crushing this....it'll still be the match of the tourney imo, both are total sickos but David told me during the series that he really needs 1 match to be able to feel the other player out and adjust HU. SBrugby is just so much better fundamentally and has so much more experience than Pham, that I just don't see Pham adjusting before rugby takes half his stack.
I was flipping through the matchups and I couldn't help but feel like this was the poker equivalent of 'Mr. Irrelevant'..Circuit Event Final Table + Survivor = Invite = Allegedly Punching Hellmuth + Tarding It Up In 2005 WSOP ME Appearance. Makes sense.
I can see how Bellande would start getting invited to these things, he knew this going into survivor, I don't think he would have missed the series to do the show if he didn't think he'd get a ton of marketability in the poker world from this. but WTF w/ Sam Grizzle? Jeeez, I can't even see how the dude gets 20k to play this? He's a huge douchcebag, and he's one of the biggest degens in the poker community...not inviting Nam is my biggest issue here, the dude got 4th last year and is respected by pretty much any player. I was talking about it with my friends last night, we pretty much agreed that Asians get screwed by poker because a lot of them deserve a lot more than they're getting as far as sponsorships go, JC flat out says it in an interview with pokerroad. It really sucks imo.edit, also I hear Shannon Elizabeth isn't playing...rumor has it that she signed a deal with Mansion poker but they're not interested in putting her in this tourney because they cant get US players...that's all I've heard.
edit, also I hear Shannon Elizabeth isn't playing...rumor has it that she signed a deal with Mansion poker but they're not interested in putting her in this tourney because they cant get US players...that's all I've heard.
I can think of several ways for her to get $20k on an hour or two's notice.

I think Wasika/Forrest is the best first round matchup. Daniel said that Forrest is among the best all time heads up but picked Wasicka. I would give Wasicka a slight edge too.Anyone notice a bias in his picks against the players against the WPT? I think he picked against every one. Hellmuth is of course the favorite to win it all.

I think Wasika/Forrest is the best first round matchup. Daniel said that Forrest is among the best all time heads up but picked Wasicka. I would give Wasicka a slight edge too.Anyone notice a bias in his picks against the players against the WPT? I think he picked against every one. Hellmuth is of course the favorite to win it all.
Wasicka is facing Freddy Deeb in round 1. Forrest is facing Orel Hershiser.
If he did I'm unaware of this, He's a sit n go player and very methodical I can't see him being that bad at all....not to mention he got 2nd in a super tough Mirage 5k HU tourney. And his good friend Shannon got deep in the WSOP HU.Eew, then I can easily see BT just crushing this....it'll still be the match of the tourney imo, both are total sickos but David told me during the series that he really needs 1 match to be able to feel the other player out and adjust HU. SBrugby is just so much better fundamentally and has so much more experience than Pham, that I just don't see Pham adjusting before rugby takes half his stack.I can see how Bellande would start getting invited to these things, he knew this going into survivor, I don't think he would have missed the series to do the show if he didn't think he'd get a ton of marketability in the poker world from this. but WTF w/ Sam Grizzle? Jeeez, I can't even see how the dude gets 20k to play this? He's a huge douchcebag, and he's one of the biggest degens in the poker community...not inviting Nam is my biggest issue here, the dude got 4th last year and is respected by pretty much any player. I was talking about it with my friends last night, we pretty much agreed that Asians get screwed by poker because a lot of them deserve a lot more than they're getting as far as sponsorships go, JC flat out says it in an interview with pokerroad. It really sucks imo.edit, also I hear Shannon Elizabeth isn't playing...rumor has it that she signed a deal with Mansion poker but they're not interested in putting her in this tourney because they cant get US players...that's all I've heard.
I agree.. Sam Grizzle looks like he'd gladly trade you his wife for two black chips.Name Le > Average, in terms of slick.

Jamie Gold up to his old tricksWhat Just Happened?Jaime Gold announces a raise preflop but doesn't specify an amount. Before he can, Tom Kelly moves all in and has Gold covered. Gold then decides to make the minimum raise and the action goes back to Kelly. Kelly moves all in once again and Gold takes advantage of a rule here at the heads-up championships, which allows a player to prematurely expose his hand to get a read. Gold turns over pocket queens and after minutes of tanking, decides to fold!The very next hand, Gold moves all in, flashing an ace. Kelly instantly calls once he sees the ace and shows A-K. Gold turns over another ace and has Kelly crushed. The board comes out 8-6-4-8-2 and Gold takes a 18,000 to 2,000 lead over the amateur from Florida.

apparnently Tom Kelly has never watched Jamie Gold play a single hand in poker in his life? Isn't it obvious he's not showing the ace unless he has a monster card he's not showing?

Did I read that right? Jamie Gold folded pocket queen's heads-up? That is surprising. From what I've read, Ted Forrest and Orel Hershiser are in a tough match. It seems like it's a pretty back and forth match between the two of them.

apparnently Tom Kelly has never watched Jamie Gold play a single hand in poker in his life? Isn't it obvious he's not showing the ace unless he has a monster card he's not showing?
meh I dont really blame him for calling there. 1 hand beats him and structure is quick.
meh I dont really blame him for calling there. 1 hand beats him and structure is quick.
I dont think Jamie is showing the ace unless he has an ace or king down though