hold em is my new blackjack

It used to always be that I'd lose money playing blackjack while waiting for a table making my 4-8 hold em winnings minimal, or I'd lose my winnings after because, hey, free money. Now, I win the money online playing stud, and lose it all at the online hold em tables. It's a suckers game, I tell ya.....

Simply an observation. The problem with my hold em play is apparent: I don't take the time when I play online. If I jump on for 20 minutes while studying, I'm antsy and I gamble. This is my general style of online play as opposed to 5-6 hours of focus in a live game. Or in the alternative, I'll play a five dollar multi table with 1000 people and go all-in where I normally wouldn't. Long story short: my poor play is noted, and ignored.

Holdem is trendy, fun and has more action. Despite the fact that I enjoy holdem, it is now overanalyzed to death and not nearly as intelligent a game as stud. Flame away.
Flames :bubbleyeah:

Actually I agree with you....Holdem is an idiots game.....but it is more fun than the other forms of poker...My Favorite games:2-7 Triple draw2-7 LowballNL HoldemLimit HoldemPL Omaha 7 Card Stud

Holdem is trendy, fun and has more action. Despite the fact that I enjoy holdem, it is now overanalyzed to death and not nearly as intelligent a game as stud. What does "not nearly as intelligent a game" mean?That it takes more intelligence to win at Stud than Holdem?You're unclear there. I assume that you don't mean that 7-Card Stud would do better on an IQ test than Holdem would.

Holdem is trendy, fun and has more action. Despite the fact that I enjoy holdem, it is now overanalyzed to death and not nearly as intelligent a game as stud. What does "not nearly as intelligent a game" mean?That it takes more intelligence to win at Stud than Holdem?You're unclear there. I assume that you don't mean that 7-Card Stud would do better on an IQ test than Holdem would.
7-Card Stud is an older game, so the results from an IQ test would be skewed when compared to a young game like Holdem.

I admit that this was a blanket statement and it requires explanation.All poker games incorporate statistical odds and the psychology of betting. And of course, random error (i.e., "luck") has a greater impact in the short term.It is my opinion that stud is a more complex game than holdem that requires more concentration, memory, math and readability.Obviously, to profit consistently playing holdem requires skill, but I believe that stud is a more difficult game to truly understand and play well.

It is my opinion that stud is a more complex game than holdem that requires more concentration, memory, math and readability. Well, it's certainly not more complex. Holdem requires no memory per se, the math and "readability" are about the same.Holdem is far more nuanced as a game, however.The problem with Stud in terms of complexity is the fact that information is very completel towards the later streets and decisions on 6th and 7th are almost always automatic.

The problem with Stud in terms of complexity is the fact that information is very completel towards the later streets and decisions on 6th and 7th are almost always automatic.I would respectfully disagree with this statement. The river in holdem is a community card which arguably "completes" the information you need based on your previous knowledge that you accumulated up to that point in the hand. You are not privy to your opponents' 7th street in stud. If you put players on a draw you can only speculate whether they hit based on your memory of folded outs, their betting, reads, etc.One other point. In a game where 5 of 7 cards are community, crappy preflop hands can get "lucky" because them hitting a flop likely means that no-one else did. Loose and oblivious players that often populate holdem tables won't make it as far playing cards they shouldn't in stud.

Loose and oblivious players that often populate holdem tables won't make it as far playing cards they shouldn't in stud.Which has absolutely nothing to do with it being complex relative to Holdem, were it even true, which it isn't.Tic-Tac-Toe isn't very complex, but an unskilled player will never beat a skilled player who will occasionally win.Bad players don't win any more in Holdem than they do in Stud.The thing about Holdem is that it's easier to learn to play less badly than stud but harder to learn to play well.