• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

I think a great Idea for the Saul Prequel, would be like an interlocking show. The show starts out like a couple years before WW and Pinkman. Then, after a couple years in, they show Sauls interaction with WW from his point of view, bringing in Cnanston to film things a couple times a year. then, like season 4 or w/e, you show saul in Nebraska, trying to live a normal life or something.

• Like 1

I would also watch a Jesse The Meth Slave spinoff. Maybe it should be a short.

Pretty excellent finale, slow and tense and sad. Kind of low on surprises and low on believability but that's ok. It was cathartic.

The biggest surprise for me of course was that my silly pointless prediction about the Schwartzes was actually pretty close, and made Essay look ridiculous. I won't rub it in though cuz that would be gauche.

I think a great Idea for the Saul Prequel, would be like an interlocking show. The show starts out like a couple years before WW and Pinkman. Then, after a couple years in, they show Sauls interaction with WW from his point of view, bringing in Cnanston to film things a couple times a year. then, like season 4 or w/e, you show saul in Nebraska, trying to live a normal life or something.

I really like this idea

Man, can you imagine if they were like, "guys, this is totally a prequel, so don't get your hopes up for any crossover stuff. This is a NEW PROJECT that Bob and I have undertaken, and I hope you don't diminish it by begging for Cranston cameos every week on the internet."

Then the penultimate season 2 episode ended with Saul getting a call from his fat secretary. "You've got two clients to meet at the jail today. The first one is Dave Marcus, got caught beating off in a public parking lot." Thanks, Francesca. Nothing better than a beater to start the day. What else? "Guy got picked up selling drugs to a cop. Brandon Mayhew. Street name Badger."

(breaking bad theme)

Season 2 Finale takes place in Nebraska

I would also watch a Jesse The Meth Slave spinoff. Maybe it should be a short.

Pretty excellent finale, slow and tense and sad. Kind of low on surprises and low on believability but that's ok. It was cathartic.

The biggest surprise for me of course was that my silly pointless prediction about the Schwartzes was actually pretty close, and made Essay look ridiculous. I won't rub it in though cuz that would be gauche.

I would like you to use quotes to show us how you made Essay (AND ME ACTUALLY JUST ME ************) look ridiculous, so I can then show everyone how you are always wrong and everybody hates you

I would like you to use quotes to show us how you made Essay (AND ME ACTUALLY JUST ME ************) look ridiculous, so I can then show everyone how you are always wrong and everybody hates you

I thought it was obvious, but since you asked:

Re: Grey Matter, maybe Walt decides to blackmail them. Unless they set up some sort of unbreakable trust funds for his children, he will, as one of his final acts on earth or at least before going to prison, go public with the lie that the Schwartzes were fully involved in the meth business with him. I'm not sure he'll succeed, and it seems fairly unlikely that he'll ever manage to get any money to his family at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tries something along those lines.

jesus christ that would be stupid. what kind of scene has walt holding them and their lawyers hostage at gun point while they draft an irrevocable trust. i mean what the hell are you even talking about.

I got the method wrong, but my general prediction that he would force the Schwartzes to set up a trust for his kids was exactly what happened.

He also did it by holding them hostage at gunpoint (indefinitely), which clearly isn't at all what I said but is however almost exactly what SA said would be stupid.

Most of my predictions were wrong. It's funny that the one thing I got right was the thing that SA said was stupid. That's all.

It's really weird that you want me to say something bad about you or challenge you to an internet fight or something, because nobody even mentioned you at all. Recap:

SA: Tim is an idiot.

Tim: SA is an idiot:

Wang: ARE YOU CALLING ME AN IDIOT?! BRING IT ON!

• Like 1

Seriously though kudos for that. But during that scene I wasn't liking it until the red dot laser pointer hit man scare. I was wrong. It played.

But Tim you still suck and so do the Red Sox and Tom Brady is overrated.

I feel like it was the ending that all the fans wanted and was therefore very satisfying, but it's not the ending that I thought Vince Gilligan would go with. Once it was truly over for Walt at Ozymandias, this ending was the absolute best Walt could ever hope for. He eliminated all of his enemies, he got the money to his family, he saved Jesse, a dying man died content.

For a show that hit us so hard emotionally, this episode felt more like a triumphant send off.

I'm so happy I didn't get spoiled! I really liked this ending.

The stuff I liked:

• The background stop sign, as Walt confirms the grey matter folks address.
  • Walt becoming a literal monster horror movie style with the "Boo" type ending in his speech with the Schwartzs.
  • The coffee shop being the place of humor and cons, with last episode Lydia telling Todd something like, "I'm not like them, I'm not used to violence," and this episode with Walt talking about the methlymine, "I've done the math." Yeah buddy.
  • Marie, loyal to Skyler--and I like how the family is still reeling from his loss.
  • Jesse, to the very, very end is still capable of a morality that Walt is not. He refused to kill Walt, making him wait for death.

I feel like it was the ending that all the fans wanted and was therefore very satisfying, but it's not the ending that I thought Vince Gilligan would go with. Once it was truly over for Walt at Ozymandias, this ending was the absolute best Walt could ever hope for. He eliminated all of his enemies, he got the money to his family, he saved Jesse, a dying man died content.

For a show that hit us so hard emotionally, this episode felt more like a triumphant send off.

For me, the only clear cut winner was Jesse--and even then he's a torture survivor with a serious drug problem. At least Walt didn't go out Klaus Barbee style, and got to bleed to death from a gut wound.

But during that scene I wasn't liking it until the red dot laser pointer hit man scare. I was wrong. It played.

That was a moment right there. The hand signal, the music, the red dots. Yes.

Realistically, Jesse's life is pretty much ruined forever. But since the show has never been about realism, I suppose we can imagine a world where Jesse lives a happy life in Alaska.

I did like that he wouldn't allow himself to be manipulated by Walt one final time and called him out on it. "Say you want this." That was excellent.

The moment when Walt asked to see his daughter one last time was crushing.

http://youtu.be/7E-s8srPxW4

Can't help but think todd and lydia would've made a great couple. He was just starting to breakthrough her paranoid/neurotic behavior, sad.

Also rofl at the 45 minutes of commercials come on.

• Jesse, to the very, very end is still capable of a morality that Walt is not. He refused to kill Walt, making him wait for death.

Was that a moral choice, really? He saw walt was bleeding out. If he didn't have that wound, would he have let Walt live? Doubtful. I think it was more about him refusing to be Walt's pawn anymore, than it was any kind of moral choice.

Definitely my favorite response from reddit:

SF07q6F.jpg

My first experience with snow was last winter when I moved to Colorado. I'm definitely going to do this when it snows this year. HOpefully there won't be a scary black man though.

Was that a moral choice, really? He saw walt was bleeding out. If he didn't have that wound, would he have let Walt live? Doubtful. I think it was more about him refusing to be Walt's pawn anymore, than it was any kind of moral choice.

I feel like it was moral because he didn't get unnecessary blood on his hands. He had the moment to kill Walt/Heisenberg, and he left nature or fate to take its course.