The end was good. From celebration to Todd taking the "nobody can know about this" lesson to its extreme? That was good stuff.The events that got us there just had my eyes rolling too many times.Walt knowing that if he cried, Hank would leave the room so he could plant the bug.Scatterbrained Lydia suddenly having the perfect heist opportunity.Jesse coming up with another brilliant plan.A bridge in the perfect spot of the no-communication zone to pull off the heist.The sound issue I brought up earlier. (A half-mile in the middle of nowhere is close enough to hear a generator, I'm guessing).Also, this:Picture21.pngIt was just too many things for me.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

That's why the had Bill Burr stop at that spot on the train tracks.
Son of a bitch...THAT'S who that guy is...that's been bothering me, thanks. Knew the face, knew the voice, never put two and two together that he's an actor in addition to being a comic. Anyone else notice that the conductor was the guy who kidnapped Abel in SOA? Also...re: sound issues...they don't shut the engines off on locomotives for basically any reason, and they're crazy loud. Very easy to completely non-hear any noise anywhere near one.

I agree that things were a bit too convenient, but I kind of forgot about it during the train heist cuz it was so anxiously exciting. When Todd waved back to the kid, I was sure that was the final shot of the episode, but then...

That was awesome and ridiculous casting. He's great.

Ya, Burr was odd. He did a good job but it just seemed weird. I saw his name in the opening credits and wondered where he was going to appear. Thought maybe he was going to be an acquaintance of Saul.

no he was stopped at a crossing 816 feet from the bridge. he couldn't just park that truck anywhere. it still stands to wonder how they knew the car would be over the bridge when they didn't know which car it was until after getting all that shit ready.
no he was stopped at a crossing 816 feet from the bridge. he couldn't just park that truck anywhere. it still stands to wonder how they knew the car would be over the bridge when they didn't know which car it was until after getting all that shit ready.
Yeah, there's really no explaining that little bit of perfection away. Would have pretty epicly destroyed the plan if the car with the methlamene was the first car behind the engine now wouldn't it?
I agree that things were a bit too convenient, but I kind of forgot about it during the train heist cuz it was so anxiously exciting.
I love this show, but this episode made me feel flat. I don't believe they would kill Jesse or Walt right now. So, when Jesse has a train rushing over the top of him, I never felt anxious.I did like Hank casually criticizing Walt and Skylar's parenting--saying they treat Walt Jr. like a baby. That's standard family dynamic stuff, and it's nice to see characters who support each other can also criticize each other in believable ways.

I think you can still feel anxious or excited during those scenes even when you pretty much know a certain character won't be killed off at that point.I'm pretty sure most people were pretty anxious during this scene. Despite the fact there was almost no possibility of the main character be killed so early in the movie.

I think you can still feel anxious or excited during those scenes even when you pretty much know a certain character won't be killed off at that point.I'm pretty sure most people were pretty anxious during this scene. Despite the fact there was almost no possibility of the main character be killed so early in the movie.
I kind of see your point, but think it's flawed. Back to the Future was made for the 8-80 audience. Breaking Bad has a more mature point of view. There are no toy tie-ins here.Also, general story telling, particularly in television, has evolved in the last 10-20 years. Darkness and violence, with amoral main characters are in vogue. It might not be fair, but I do compare Breaking Bad with Mad Men.I know Matt Weiner sing-songs on the set, "I don't care who you are, or what part you play. If you leak anything you're fired." Part of that is territorial, reminding everyone in earshot that he's the big dog. But it's true--you can kill off any of the characters of Mad Men and have a fantastic show remain. With the way the story of Breaking Bad is coming together, Walt and Jesse have to survive until at least the last 3-4 episodes. [Although, I would watch the crap out of Skylar and Jesse trying to cover up and continue on after Walt's untimely demise!]This season (and I thought parts of last) strongly hinted meth had infiltrated the White household. I bet Walt Jr./Flynn is going to be a casualty.

that scene at the dinner table was so awkwardly funny I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Better episode tonight. I think somehow Walt dies at the end of the season in a Tony Montana type way. With the way he says he is growing and empire something just struck me when he said that. Sucks that there are only two episodes till next year though.

This was the first episode that I finally wondered if Mike and Walter have similar egos--both of them always thinking they're in control of the situation, not entertaining the notion they might be in over their heads.Skylar and Jesse, though, they always seem to think they're in a come-from-behind role.I haven't seen last season since it aired, and can't remember what exactly happened to Ted. The affair was over, Skylar paid off the IRS, and he tripped or something on a rug?

I love this show, but this episode made me feel flat. I don't believe they would kill Jesse or Walt right now. So, when Jesse has a train rushing over the top of him, I never felt anxious.I did like Hank casually criticizing Walt and Skylar's parenting--saying they treat Walt Jr. like a baby. That's standard family dynamic stuff, and it's nice to see characters who support each other can also criticize each other in believable ways.
I wasn't anxious that one of our main characters would die, I was anxious that something would go wrong and they'd have to kill the train operators or something. I thought this week's episode was great, although Mike was conveniently sloppy in tying up Walt.
that scene at the dinner table was so awkwardly funny I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
tumblr_m93erlILZj1qkjph9o5_250.gif
I haven't seen last season since it aired, and can't remember what exactly happened to Ted. The affair was over, Skylar paid off the IRS, and he tripped or something on a rug?
Pretty much. Saul's goons were at his house to make sure he didn't do anything to interrupt Skylar paying them off, and he went running and slipped on the rug and broke his neck.
You say that because you've never been married.
skylar and betty from mad men pre-divorce are so ridiculously similar. they're just reacting to changes in their spouses like a normal person would, which we find annoying because we're rooting for the show to stay interesting. I don't think I need to have been married to understand that.the actress that plays skylar is so good for the role. she was in a similarly unwinnable spot in deadwood.
skylar and betty from mad men pre-divorce are so ridiculously similar. they're just reacting to changes in their spouses like a normal person would, which we find annoying because we're rooting for the show to stay interesting. I don't think I need to have been married to understand that.the actress that plays skylar is so good for the role. she was in a similarly unwinnable spot in deadwood.
I don't see it that way, I see it as Skylar liked being the queen of the castle and having things her own way at all times while Walt was content being under her thumb, and now that she's not in charge anymore she's fallen back on being a pissy beyotch about it. This isn't just a recent development since she found out about the drug lord angle, she's been a complete crotch the entire run of the show aside from the first two episodes or so. First episode...happy Skylar...feeding Walt his veggie bacon because she has the power to make him eat whatever she wants him to. Every episode since...deeper and deeper down the bitch hole because the only way she's capable of being happy is if she gets her way.
I don't see it that way, I see it as Skylar liked being the queen of the castle and having things her own way at all times while Walt was content being under her thumb, and now that she's not in charge anymore she's fallen back on being a pissy beyotch about it. This isn't just a recent development since she found out about the drug lord angle, she's been a complete crotch the entire run of the show aside from the first two episodes or so. First episode...happy Skylar...feeding Walt his veggie bacon because she has the power to make him eat whatever she wants him to. Every episode since...deeper and deeper down the bitch hole because the only way she's capable of being happy is if she gets her way.
Dude. Her husband, instead of taking a generous gift from their rich friends to pay for all his medical needs, instead decided to be come a freaking drug lord, risking his life and his families life. She's not "falling down a bitch hole" because she is no longer getting her way. She's just acting normally to her husband's incredibly selfishness. Yesh, she started becoming a bitch early in the series, because walt was lying to her. Because he was being a dick. he was staying out late and not telling her where he was. Because he had a secret cell phone. He was acting distant, mean and crazy. Her reactions are completely normal, human ones to the way Walt has been acting, and in general find the intense anti-skylar vitriol to be more than a little misogynistic. Let me ask you this, how should a normal suburban house wife have reacted differently? Should she have just shut up, and stood by her man, as he plunged the family into a life of extreme risk and danger? Really?
Dude. Her husband, instead of taking a generous gift from their rich friends to pay for all his medical needs, instead decided to be come a freaking drug lord, risking his life and his families life. She's not "falling down a bitch hole" because she is no longer getting her way. She's just acting normally to her husband's incredibly selfishness. Yesh, she started becoming a bitch early in the series, because walt was lying to her. Because he was being a dick. he was staying out late and not telling her where he was. Because he had a secret cell phone. He was acting distant, mean and crazy. Her reactions are completely normal, human ones to the way Walt has been acting, and in general find the intense anti-skylar vitriol to be more than a little misogynistic.Let me ask you this, how should a normal suburban house wife have reacted differently? Should she have just shut up, and stood by her man, as he plunged the family into a life of extreme risk and danger? Really?
Is that really too much to hope for?Also, a normal suburban housewife would have packed up the kids and moved in with their mother years ago. But obviously that's not good television. :club: