• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

I'd really love to see Hank **** the whole White family over in the series finale, throwing both Walt and Skylar and jail. Jesse included. Not that I don't love Walt as a character, I just think that would be a cool conclusion.

So Walt's free, so what's going to make him continue his drug supplying ways? I think Walt might be more evil than Tony Soprano--I wasn't as devoted a fan--but I don't remember Tony involving so many civilians. And have we met that neighbor before? Her cane was so featured, and then all the story line with the kid, it made me think of the Riddle of the Sphinx.Also, Vince Gilligan you could crap on a desk and call it the final season, and I would watch every minute. I don't think each episode is perfect, but it always has something on its mind.

One thing I noticed is that they finally retired Walt's Pontiac Aztek and went with something with more product-placement value. Did I miss a scene where the Aztek got wrecked, or were they just hoping no one would question the fact that it's gone now?*Edit* Oh right, I just looked it up. He wrecked it when Hank tried to make him drive him to the laundry.

So Walt's free, so what's going to make him continue his drug supplying ways? I think Walt might be more evil than Tony Soprano--I wasn't as devoted a fan--but I don't remember Tony involving so many civilians. And have we met that neighbor before? Her cane was so featured, and then all the story line with the kid, it made me think of the Riddle of the Sphinx.Also, Vince Gilligan you could crap on a desk and call it the final season, and I would watch every minute. I don't think each episode is perfect, but it always has something on its mind.
Vince Gilligan's mother. :club:

just finished the finale and holy fucking shit, that was insane. I don't think I've ever had a stronger physical reaction to a "holy shit" moment in a tv show or film either than when

they zoomed in on the plant. I mean god damn walt.

edit: also I have a question. guess I'll spoiler it just in case -

in the final scenes, when walt is driving out of the parking garage, he looks over at some charm thing hanging from the mirror of a car (I assumed it was gus' car but they didn't actually show it). what was that thing and what was its significance?

just finished the finale and holy fucking shit, that was insane. I don't think I've ever had a stronger physical reaction to a "holy shit" moment in a tv show or film either than when

they zoomed in on the plant. I mean god damn walt.

edit: also I have a question. guess I'll spoiler it just in case -

in the final scenes, when walt is driving out of the parking garage, he looks over at some charm thing hanging from the mirror of a car (I assumed it was gus' car but they didn't actually show it). what was that thing and what was its significance?

it was a Pollo Hermanos Air Freshnener (I assume that would smell AMAZING) hanging from Gus's Volvo's rearview mirror.

Here's an article on Salon, with a fantastic video embedded. It makes a timeline, helping to explain the chain of events which led to the finale. (The grammar, though, is painful.)http://www.salon.com/2011/10/14/walter_whi...plot_explained/The end of the video speculates on what Walt's ultimate motivations are--I think it's his ego. He believes he knows best, and that the risks that he takes with his life and others are calculated, controllable events. He does not entertain the thought that he is out of control.

Here's an article on Salon, with a fantastic video embedded. It makes a timeline, helping to explain the chain of events which led to the finale. (The grammar, though, is painful.)http://www.salon.com/2011/10/14/walter_whi...plot_explained/The end of the video speculates on what Walt's ultimate motivations are--I think it's his ego. He believes he knows best, and that the risks that he takes with his life and others are calculated, controllable events. He does not entertain the thought that he is out of control.
Thanks for the link. Excellent analysis.

I just rewatched the last 5 eps and it's pretty cool to see it play out even when u know what's going to happen. biggest thing for me was

ep. 12 where Walt is spinning the gun and the Lily of the Valley plant is right there in front of us in plain sight and on the 3rd spin the gun points to the plant. obviously there was no context for me the first time thru so it didn't even occur to me what it meant. I have no idea how the show will keep up the intrigue going in Season 5 without Gus. he was such a great badass that was at such a higher level then the previous bad guys in the show. I'd imagine Walt has to somehow become that bad guy himself but then who takes him down? cancer?? nooo...that seems like a weak way to end it. Hank? not even sure if Hank found out whether he'd actually turn in his own brother and sister in-law. here's hoping the story ends in proper fashion cause Season 4 finale was good enuf to be series ending IMO.

I just rewatched the last 5 eps and it's pretty cool to see it play out even when u know what's going to happen. biggest thing for me was

ep. 12 where Walt is spinning the gun and the Lily of the Valley plant is right there in front of us in plain sight and on the 3rd spin the gun points to the plant. obviously there was no context for me the first time thru so it didn't even occur to me what it meant. I have no idea how the show will keep up the intrigue going in Season 5 without Gus. he was such a great badass that was at such a higher level then the previous bad guys in the show. I'd imagine Walt has to somehow become that bad guy himself but then who takes him down? cancer?? nooo...that seems like a weak way to end it. Hank? not even sure if Hank found out whether he'd actually turn in his own brother and sister in-law. here's hoping the story ends in proper fashion cause Season 4 finale was good enuf to be series ending IMO.

This show has been so great with introducing interesting characters. I really liked watching Walt and Jesse--but the show has gotten so much richer with more of Chicken Man, Chicken Associates, Saul, Saul's totes awesome assistants and bodyguards, and Gus. I don't know the last time I watched a series, with so many new characters introduced after the first season, without having the new characters be distracting and feel like time-fillers.

I don't know if Gus is really dead. He can still pop up, and I don't know how Walt will react to someone who is smart, experienced, and deeply loyal to personal survival. Gus seems as honorable as anyone on the screen, and he does not suffer fools gladly. I'm a big Gus fan, I think the actor is smart and charismatic, and I really hope I get to see more of him.Maybe it'll be the cancer that gets Walt, I'd like to see more of Walt's self-destruction. He's so paranoid (though not necessarily wrong). Alan Sepinwall pointed out the episode with Walt laughing hysterically under the house, the way the shot was framed, it looked like Walt was in a coffin. The death of Mr. White, the birth and domination of Heisenberg? For the ending of Walt, it could be Greek tragedy all the way--the thing that makes him great will lead to his destruction.

This show has been so great with introducing interesting characters. I really liked watching Walt and Jesse--but the show has gotten so much richer with more of Chicken Man, Chicken Associates, Saul, Saul's totes awesome assistants and bodyguards, and Gus. I don't know the last time I watched a series, with so many new characters introduced after the first season, without having the new characters be distracting and feel like time-fillers.

I don't know if Gus is really dead. He can still pop up, and I don't know how Walt will react to someone who is smart, experienced, and deeply loyal to personal survival. Gus seems as honorable as anyone on the screen, and he does not suffer fools gladly. I'm a big Gus fan, I think the actor is smart and charismatic, and I really hope I get to see more of him.Maybe it'll be the cancer that gets Walt, I'd like to see more of Walt's self-destruction. He's so paranoid (though not necessarily wrong). Alan Sepinwall pointed out the episode with Walt laughing hysterically under the house, the way the shot was framed, it looked like Walt was in a coffin. The death of Mr. White, the birth and domination of Heisenberg? For the ending of Walt, it could be Greek tragedy all the way--the thing that makes him great will lead to his destruction.

Vince said that Gus is dead, but there's still a chance to flesh out his backstory a bit with some flashbacks, which they aren't averse to showing, so I'm pretty sure that will be the only way he shows up. If the cartel couldn't kill him because of how important he was in Chile, then there can definitely be some repercussions in that aspect. Also, Mike is still alive somewhere, and he probably won't be too excited about Walt killing Gus, so I think he'll play an important part in the season too.One of the Grantland episode reviews mentioned how he started coughing more towards the end of the season, and thought that it would end with a cancer reveal of some sort. He definitely did start coughing again at some points, so I think that is still on the table too. I think Jesse has to be his main adversary now, but how they end up coming to the point that they're trying to kill each other will be amazing to watch. Jesse and Mike could team up again, which would be pretty awesome too. So many things!

Vince said that Gus is dead, but there's still a chance to flesh out his backstory a bit with some flashbacks, which they aren't averse to showing, so I'm pretty sure that will be the only way he shows up. If the cartel couldn't kill him because of how important he was in Chile, then there can definitely be some repercussions in that aspect. Also, Mike is still alive somewhere, and he probably won't be too excited about Walt killing Gus, so I think he'll play an important part in the season too.One of the Grantland episode reviews mentioned how he started coughing more towards the end of the season, and thought that it would end with a cancer reveal of some sort. He definitely did start coughing again at some points, so I think that is still on the table too. I think Jesse has to be his main adversary now, but how they end up coming to the point that they're trying to kill each other will be amazing to watch. Jesse and Mike could team up again, which would be pretty awesome too. So many things!

firstly, Gus is DEFINITELY dead. It's not ambiguious at all...the over-the-top tie fixing was a final farewell to an awesome character. Still shocks me Gus is played by the same dude who was Buggin Out in Do the Right Thing -- that blew my mind in itself.Anyhow, if Walter is supposed to continue his Scarface path I'm going to make a guess and say that Mike with join him. Mike isn't Gus' brother or anything...he's just a henchman. Is it not possible he'd just be looking for another job and become the muscle for Walter? This could provide the wedge for Jesse to once again separate from Walter who will clearly continue to yearn for more power. Then the writers will somehow work out something for either Jesse or Hank (or both?) to take down Walter.I just don't see Mike coming back and randomly killing people for no reason. There's no benefit for him to spill blood for a dead boss who isn't paying him anymore.

firstly, Gus is DEFINITELY dead. It's not ambiguious at all...the over-the-top tie fixing was a final farewell to an awesome character. Still shocks me Gus is played by the same dude who was Buggin Out in Do the Right Thing -- that blew my mind in itself.Anyhow, if Walter is supposed to continue his Scarface path I'm going to make a guess and say that Mike with join him. Mike isn't Gus' brother or anything...he's just a henchman. Is it not possible he'd just be looking for another job and become the muscle for Walter? This could provide the wedge for Jesse to once again separate from Walter who will clearly continue to yearn for more power. Then the writers will somehow work out something for either Jesse or Hank (or both?) to take down Walter.I just don't see Mike coming back and randomly killing people for no reason. There's no benefit for him to spill blood for a dead boss who isn't paying him anymore.

I'm sorry, I've been confusing the names Mike and Gus. In my head I only refer to Gus as "Chicken Man."

I'm wondering what happens to the whole chicken/drug/laundry business? I mean, it's more than reasonable to expect that there is someone to step in and take Gus' place...or is that just the end of that? Maybe it turns out that Mike was running the whole thing all the time. I keep returning to the scene where the doctors were trying to save Gus' life and Jesse pointed out that Mike was dying...and the doctor pointed out that Gus pays his salary. Wouldn't it be a great twist if it's revealed that Mike was actually the one paying everyone's salary.I don't know...so many possibilities...all great.This is the best thing on TV right now and may end up the best series TV has ever produced.Also, I refuse to use spoilers. It's a "Breaking Bad" thread and if you're not caught up on the series then either avoid or tread carefully.

I'm wondering what happens to the whole chicken/drug/laundry business? I mean, it's more than reasonable to expect that there is someone to step in and take Gus' place...or is that just the end of that?
The drug-laundry biz is blown up and gone. Not just the making of the drug but it was also the tranport service.
Maybe it turns out that Mike was running the whole thing all the time. I keep returning to the scene where the doctors were trying to save Gus' life and Jesse pointed out that Mike was dying...and the doctor pointed out that Gus pays his salary. Wouldn't it be a great twist if it's revealed that Mike was actually the one paying everyone's salary.
No way -- too many things (more than I care to list) that make it obvious Gus was the big man. Plus, the whole point of killing Gus is so that Walt doesn't have to share that Top Crime Boss title with anyone. It's part of the breaking bad process Walt is going through before his inevitable fall.
The drug-laundry biz is blown up and gone. Not just the making of the drug but it was also the tranport service.No way -- too many things (more than I care to list) that make it obvious Gus was the big man. Plus, the whole point of killing Gus is so that Walt doesn't have to share that Top Crime Boss title with anyone. It's part of the breaking bad process Walt is going through before his inevitable fall.
I must not be understanding you because:It seems to me that you're implying that a multi-million (billion?) dollar business would be shut down because of the death of Gus. I don't think I agree with that.The point of killing Gus so Walt didn't have to share the "Top Crime Boss" title was based on Walt's beliefs and decisions. I'm not saying Mike was the real boss or even Gus' partner, but either is possible.