• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

Skyler is still an annoying twat. I like Jesse's storyline, he killed a guy he knows was basically innocent for self preservation, but doesn't know how to deal with it and he knows that his lifespan as things stand with Gus appears pretty limited. He has been the most interesting character this season.

Agree with Jadaki. I'm loving Jesse's house scenes.I hated the ending with Skyler giving out about buying a $300 of champagne saying Walt could blow his cover when she just agreed an $800k deal with someone outside of the loop. Made no sense to me
Yeah, I didn't really get that either, and I don't get how buying a business with the cash you're not supposed to have won't get them caught just like buying anything else with the cash they're not supposed to have.
Definitely a great episode to start off season 4, however watching commercials and having to wait a week for the next episode certainly sucks.
This. My and my fiance got into this show via netflix. There have been a number of shows where we get used to watching 3 or 4 straight episodes with no commercials and once we finally get caught up we have to resort to TV or DVR. We probably watched season 1-3 in less than a month and finished about a week before the Season 4 premier.

I watched Season 1 and Season 2 via Netflix, then watched Season 1-3 three episodes at a time by DVR'ing the marathon that AMC ran in the weeks leading up to Season 4. Watching 4 one ep at a time is killing me, but I almost never watch live TV so at least I get to skip the commercials.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow...Breaking Bad renewed for a FINAL season. http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/15/b...n.ew/index.htmlI'm both amazed and impressed that rather than trying to keep the cash cow going as long as possible, the network would instead allow it to have a scripted ending.
I agree. With an end in sight, the writers are going to have a hay day with this now. ****ing brilliant!
Wow...Breaking Bad renewed for a FINAL season. http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/15/b...n.ew/index.htmlI'm both amazed and impressed that rather than trying to keep the cash cow going as long as possible, the network would instead allow it to have a scripted ending.
Is it a cash cow? I thought Breaking Bad was a lot like everything on FX, where they have these critically acclaimed shows that don't get great ratings. I don't think Breaking Bad makes that much money for the channel. I could be wrong, this is just what I have heard.
Is it a cash cow? I thought Breaking Bad was a lot like everything on FX, where they have these critically acclaimed shows that don't get great ratings. I don't think Breaking Bad makes that much money for the channel. I could be wrong, this is just what I have heard.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...1067100294.html

NOT READING ANYTHING IN THIS THREADI just started this show. I'm in the middle of season 2. It's really awesome. I'm working hard to catch up.I'm not going to read any responses to avoid spoilers. Just wanted to share.

NOT READING ANYTHING IN THIS THREADI just started this show. I'm in the middle of season 2. It's really awesome. I'm working hard to catch up.I'm not going to read any responses to avoid spoilers. Just wanted to share.

thanks for the update. We were really on pins and needles where you were w/r/t the series. Now I'm just going to make a bunch of filler to make this posts seem a lot longer than it is, so you think it's a legitimate spoiler, but when you finally read it, you will be sorely disappointed.there once was a man from nantucket. Who's dick was so long he could suck it. As he said with a grin while he wiped off his chin, if my ear was a cunt I would fuck it.

Yeah, I didn't really get that either, and I don't get how buying a business with the cash you're not supposed to have won't get them caught just like buying anything else with the cash they're not supposed to have.
And again...don't get it. It's okay to pay cash for an $800k car wash, but it's not okay to buy the kid a car now that you have a legitimate business to back up the money?I want to know why Jesse is presumably making the same money as Walt but is still driving around in his little shitbox hatchback.
And again...don't get it. It's okay to pay cash for an $800k car wash, but it's not okay to buy the kid a car now that you have a legitimate business to back up the money?I want to know why Jesse is presumably making the same money as Walt but is still driving around in his little shitbox hatchback.
I was under the impression they went to the bank with a business plan and secured a loan for the car wash purchase.BTW, that monologue by Walt when he told Skylar he was the danger was awesome!!!!
I was under the impression they went to the bank with a business plan and secured a loan for the car wash purchase.BTW, that monologue by Walt when he told Skylar he was the danger was awesome!!!!
"No!" " I am the one who knocks!"Badass.
Hmm...I must have missed that part somehow. That would make more sense, although I somehow doubt a bank would be all for giving such a loan to two people who have never operated a business before or have any documented personal wealth.
Hmm...I must have missed that part somehow. That would make more sense, although I somehow doubt a bank would be all for giving such a loan to two people who have never operated a business before or have any documented personal wealth.
An accountant and a school teacher would be excellent applicants imo.

there once was a man from nantucket. Who's dick was so long he could suck it. As he said with a grin while he wiped off his chin, if my ear was a cunt I would fuck it.

I'd always wondered what the full version of that rhyme was. not sure why I'd never heard it before either.

I'm all out of episodes and it makes me very sad. amazon instant video is pretty awesome though. works on my roku player too which is a plus.

I don't think they went through a bank to finance the car wash. I'm assuming Walt already had a bunch of money laundered. Church and State. How did they not have that conversation when Skyler was saying they can't have any more secrets and lies.

!
find the clip where he's in his apt singing some Portuguese(?) ditty.
I don't think they went through a bank to finance the car wash. I'm assuming Walt already had a bunch of money laundered. Church and State. How did they not have that conversation when Skyler was saying they can't have any more secrets and lies. find the clip where he's in his apt singing some Portuguese(?) ditty.
http://vimeo.com/12563032
  • 2 weeks later...

I just caught up with this show, and freaking love it.Plot-wise, I think Walt and Jesse are both evil. They both have done terrible things. I don't think there's a lot of redemption left for either one.More visual story telling wise: There was a scene I loved during the second season. Walt and Walt, Jr. were home alone. The washer or hot water heater malfunctions, and Walt pulls up flooring to fix it. I loved that he was literally pulling down his home's foundation. To me, that's completely the character of Walt. He's self-involved, with pathological issues with authority. He's convinced that he, and he alone can fix everything, and he's incapable of seeing or correcting his mistakes.Costume and color wise: When Jesse wears red or yellow, he's using. When he's sober, it's usually dark grey or black. With Marie, purple is her favorite color, and maybe a sign of healing. When Hank was in the beginning of his recovery there was tons of brilliant purple in his room. In the latest episode, when you see Hank doing better, walking into the office with Marie, her dress is a super light purple, almost grey. Speculation: (I'm just guessing, I don't know or read any spoilers) I'm wondering if Walt Jr.'s driving issues are going to come back. The show made such a point of showing him driving with both feet. And now that his fever for a souped up car has hit a new high, I wouldn't be surprised if Walt's drug money, guilty purchase has more consequences (ala the air traffic controller).