Fire Carl Peterson: A Kc Chiefs Thread

So what are your expectations of this upcoming season for the chiefs?
todd haley will kill someone with his bare hands on the sidelines and that i will love him for it.also, they'll go 6-10.
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FIRE CARL PETERSON!

That has to at least be in the conversation for funniest scene ever, right? I rember laughin so hard at that entire sequence from the moment the dogs hair covers the picture to when he drives away mu

So what are your expectations of this upcoming season for the chiefs?
Predictions seem to be in the 5-6 win range, and I think that its pretty likely. I think there is a chance they win 8 or 9 if they catch all the breaks. I actually think the O-line has been drastically improved by the simple addition of Goff at RG, as long as him and Waters don't fall off the cliff with their age, and Albert makes a typical 2nd year improvement. I don't care for Niswanger at center simply because he's like 6'7" going against short thick DTs he seems at a disadvantage. McIntosh sucks, hopefully they can pick someone up after roster cuts, or Herb Taylor or someone else can take his job. I have no idea what to expect from the defense other than they can't be any worse. Cassel will throw at least 15 INTs, Larry Johnson will have a solid season, and Dwayne Bowe will drop fewer than 5 passes all season. Those are my expectations/predictions.
Dwayne Bowe will drop fewer than 5 passes all season.
you were within reason until this right here. he drops five passes before week 4 or my name isnt orval redenbacher.
you were within reason until this right here. he drops five passes before week 4 or my name isnt orval redenbacher.
I just think Haley gets up his ass, and statistical abnormalities correct themselves.
  • 3 weeks later...

I know its just pre season but....... 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, and you can't get the job done? I was listening on the radio and I didn't even know that we had a QB name Guiterez....Also maybe we should change the thread name since Peterson is no longer here.

I know its just pre season but....... 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, and you can't get the job done? I was listening on the radio and I didn't even know that we had a QB name Guiterez....Also maybe we should change the thread name since Peterson is no longer here.
Gutierrez was picked up a couple weeks ago after being cut from the Patriots, he actually looked pretty good last night I thought, might take Thigpen's 3rd string job. I wish they would just stop with the fade route, it rarely works, and now that they have changed the rule about being pushed out of bounds, I think DBs are just going to start hitting WRs while they are in the air so they have no chance to come down in bounds. Overall, I thought they looked much improved from last week.

Oh, and I'm not so sure that Goff is going to be the solution at RG, I thought he looked pretty bad at times last night, although that is one of the best D-Lines in the league, but they were also without 2 starters.

• 2 weeks later...
So, who should we take in the draft next year? Obviously a top five pick again. I'd say if they dont take an O-Lineman I'm going to kill myself.Russel Okung for the win.
I have been hoping for O-line in the 1st round for about a decade now, and except for one year, I have been disappointed every time. So, next year I am hoping for a kicker in round 1. Will Thigpen be a Chief on opening day?I was forced to take Bowe and L. Johnson in one of my fantasy leagues, ugh.
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought they would win somewhere around 4-6 games this year. Not winning that Oakland game makes 0-7 look like a probability and I hope the spirit of the team is not broken by then so that they can compete the last 9 games. I still have faith, and I am trying to keep in mind that it is not about this season anyway, but man it is hard to watch the team you love get completely dismantled, manhandled, and beaten at every spot for 60 minutes straight.Who is the best O-line prospect in next year's draft?

Yeah this team is just dreadful. If they go 0-16 or 1-15 Todd Haley is going to have to eat his words in saying he could get scrubs off the street and win 2 games. What I don't understand is you have 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, and you throw. Yeah the O line is bad but come on. No other team I know of who struggles so much inside the 5 yard line than the chiefs.

I thought there was a lot to be pleased about yesterday. Obviously until they win no one will be happy, but I do think they are making some progress. It seems like a lot of fans are acting like they thought the Chiefs were contenders this year. We all need to remember that its not really about the record this year, its like a year long training camp in the sense that they are still figuring out what they have and what they need.Positives:-Tamba Hali seems to have adjusted to OLB decently. He has 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 4 games. Not ProBowl numbers but pretty solid.-The turnover ratio is 0 through 4 games.-Sean Ryan had a decent game and looks like he might be a decent TE.-Jamaal Charles has a 5.7 ypc, if he could just hang on the ball he could be a good RB.-No INTs yesterday.-8/11 on 4th down this season.Negatives:-Giving up 3 sacks/game with 5 yesterday. While I know the O-Line is not good, I don't think Cassel is doing them any favors. He holds the ball way too long, probably because our WRs can't get open, and does not know when to throw it away.-LJ is averaging 2.7 yards per carry, he showed a little bit of a burst on like 2 runs yesterday, but I think he is pretty much done. I sure do wish they had hired Mike Nolan as D-Coordinator though, damn he's got the Broncos playing great D. Too bad they waited so long to hire Pioli/Haley etc.

Yeah I didn't think they were going to do well this season. But my point is when you say you want to run the ball and you have your QB line up in the shotgun on 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, it gets people wondering. Its like saying, "Hey LJ we know your an NFL running back and all, but we don't have the confidence in you to gain 1 yard."

• 2 weeks later...