Fire Carl Peterson: A Kc Chiefs Thread

Time to find something else to bitch about.Reports saying Shanahan (although Shefter says there has been no contact at all) and Cowher (rumors) are on the short list for head coach. I'd be happy with either.
I'd be a lotttttttttttttttt of money that Cowher doesn't take it. Like, a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.He's turned down every franchise in the NFL once already, what's so special about a team with no franchise players (sans Larry Johnson who wants out anyway)?
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FIRE CARL PETERSON!

That has to at least be in the conversation for funniest scene ever, right? I rember laughin so hard at that entire sequence from the moment the dogs hair covers the picture to when he drives away mu

• 2 weeks later...

Sure sounds like it is going to be Haley. I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up being someone else though. Kevin Harlan said today that he has heard that Haley and the Chiefs are "knee-deep" in talks, whatever that means.

What do you guys think of the Haley hire? I was pretty skeptical when the first reports came out about him, but I am more sold on him as I learn more about him. He's only 42 but has like 12 years of NFL experience. I wasn't too thrilled with the whole Boldin situation and other incidents but at least it's completely opposite of what they have had the last 7-8 years. Now for the defensive coordinator, any ideas? I haven't heard any names mentioned.

Alot of people are excited about this hire.But will that change if the Chiefs go 3-13 or 4-12 next season?
It probably depends on how the off-season and season go. If they blow up the entire roster and start from scratch, then suck at the beginning of the season but start winning toward the end, then I think people will be alright with it. If they go out and sign a bunch of free-agents and suck all year then I don't think people will be excited any more. Either way the excitement will wear off after a while unless they make a huge turnaround like the Falcons and Dolphins did this past season.
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated: February 28, 2009, 1:39 PM ETCassel sent to ChiefsComment Email Print ShareESPN.com news servicesMatt Cassel, whom the New England Patriots named as their franchise player in early February, has been traded to the Kansas City Chiefs.Cassel has been informed he is being traded to the Chiefs, ESPN.com's John Clayton and ESPN's Michael Smith have confirmed.The Boston Globe reported on its Web site that official paperwork had been filed with the NFL. The story was first reported by NFL.com.Cassel had accepted the Patriots' non-exclusive franchise tender, guaranteeing the quarterback at least $14.65 million next season. Cassel faxed his acceptance to the Patriots, the NFL and the NFLPA, but the Patriots also needed to offer him the one-year contract.The franchise tag's value is the average of the top five salaries for NFL players at a particular position.Cassel finished 327 of 516 for 3,693 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.It would be the Chiefs' second acquisition of a major member of the Patriots' organization in as many days; the Chiefs traded for linebacker Mike Vrabel on Friday. It also was orchestrated by one as well -- Scott Pioli, the former Patriots vice president of player personnel who this year was hired as the Chiefs' general manager.

Moves make zero impact until we significantly overhaul the offensive and defensive lines.
you got a good veteran LB and a QB with promise for JUST the 34th pick in the draft.it's a start.clearly, the Pats wanted to shed Cassel's salary desperately (14 mill aint beans) and trading Vrabel is a typical Pats move (try to trade a guy the year before he breaks down). Because they settled for not much....I would have asked for the 34th pick in the draft and at least another mid round pick to go with it (4th sounds right).The Chiefs taking an OT at #3 is the biggest lock of all time.
****in steal.
I concur. Some dude on NFLN was talking like the #34 pick is more valuable to the GMs and owners because you can get a starter for 4 years at $1M per, instead of the #3 having to pay $20+ guaranteed, so that's one angle for the Pats to look at.I do agree with Koop though, the best QB in the world is going to suck behind a sieve for an O-line.
you got a good veteran LB and a QB with promise for JUST the 34th pick in the draft.it's a start.clearly, the Pats wanted to shed Cassel's salary desperately (14 mill aint beans) and trading Vrabel is a typical Pats move (try to trade a guy the year before he breaks down). Because they settled for not much....I would have asked for the 34th pick in the draft and at least another mid round pick to go with it (4th sounds right).The Chiefs taking an OT at #3 is the biggest lock of all time.
Yeah, it's a start, but we need about 5 new offensive lineman and 4 new defensive linemen before we think about any kind of success.
Yeah, it's a start, but we need about 5 new offensive lineman and 4 new defensive linemen before we think about any kind of success.
you're a fuckin misery. and considering we're prolly switching the three four, we only need three new d-lineman. BOOM.ROASTED.
  • 1 month later...

Well, I didn't know what to think of the draft for a couple of days. I think I am pretty satisfied with it, even though it was disappointing while watching. I think most fans expected all kinds of trades and fireworks. Didn't happen, maybe the offers weren't there, and I am glad they didn't make trades just for the sake of making trades. It would have been nice to get an extra pick and still get Jackson, but they didn't. As far as Jackson goes, it seems most think it was a reach because the dueling hair-dos on ESPN didn't have him rated that high but who else would they have taken? -Curry doesn't fit the new defense from most accounts I've heard, and is not much on the pass rush although he may develop into a pass rusher, he didn't do it in college. -Crabtree-I don't really see taking a WR that high when there are plenty of good receivers to be had elsewhere. If he turns into Boldin then it may be a mistake, but that's his ceiling while his floor is Mike Williams/Charles Rogers.-That really only leaves a tackle, which they must feel comfortable with Albert at LT, and I don't think you can pay a RT 3rd pick money. -Every other option would have been considered just as much of a reach as Jackson.The rest of the draft was full of surprises, meaning I hadn't even heard of most of the picks, but they all seem to fit. Except for the Donald Washington, but I've heard he was thought to be 2nd round talent but fell due to off the field issues that didn't amount to much, could be a steal. As a Mizzou fan, I wasn't even familiar with Colin Brown, but the dude's got the size for sure, just hope his footwork is good enough.So, I hope it works out, and I was a little disappointed at first, but after thinking on it, I think it will be solid.

Are our O-lineman going to be different this year than last year???If not, we will suck big time.
They signed Mike Goff from the Chargers and a center from the Bengals Ghiaciuc. I would assume that Goff is the starter, not sure about the center, but he started for the Bengals the last few years so I would guess he could beat out Niswanger. As far as RT, I think that's still the weak spot, hopefully one of the young guys (Herb Taylor, Barry Richardson) can beat out McIntosh and they can release him. So....LT Albert (above avg but young)LG Waters (assuming he stays with team above avg but old)C Ghiaciuc (avg)RG Goff (above avg I'd say but older, he started for years on one of the best O-Lines in the league so that's why I say above avg)RT McIntosh/Taylor/Richardson probably in that order for now. (below avg)vs. LT Rookie coming off injuryLG SameC Niswanger who is way too tall for center and no experienceRG revolving door of scrubs Adrian freaking Jones?RT I think I blocked this out I guess it was McIntosh he sucks
  • 2 months later...