Poker Missdeal Ruling...

Ok so weve had this happen a few times now at our weekly home game tounry and where looking for a good RULE to stick with.What rules do you guys use when the dealer acidenlty miss deals in the middle of a hand?IE: dealer is dealing the turn card and he drops deck and gets cards everywhere? What would be the best option here?Is it a complete miss deal? Just curious how you guys decide this one.

FIRSTIn this case, everyone closes their eyes and grabs a card that was dropped. Said cards then are places on forehead so that everyone can see everyone elses cards but not their own. Betting continues as normal. High card on head wins the pot. :club:

Re-shuffle the deck and deal the remaining cards.Eg:Dealer deals the flop. Action goes around the table and dealer drops the cards before dealing the turn. Pick up the cards, reshuffle and continue with the hand. Then punch the dealer in the nose.If someone deals before action is completed, just put that card back in the deck and shuffle it... then continue on with the hand. Again: punch dealer in the nose.Dunno if that's right or standard or whatever, but it works.

Ok so weve had this happen a few times now at our weekly home game tounry and where looking for a good RULE to stick with.What rules do you guys use when the dealer acidenlty miss deals in the middle of a hand?IE: dealer is dealing the turn card and he drops deck and gets cards everywhere? What would be the best option here?Is it a complete miss deal? Just curious how you guys decide this one.
Find a new dealer if that is happening regularly.... but... i mean.. if you cant find the top of the deck... then the cards should probably be shuffled and then turn card should be dealt.... just use common sense?... and deal better?

In my home games, if the exposed card is the button or a blind it is an automatic misdeal. If the dealer drops the deck, kick them out, they shouldn't be playing cards anyhow.

Re-shuffle the deck and deal the remaining cards.Eg:Dealer deals the flop. Action goes around the table and dealer drops the cards before dealing the turn. Pick up the cards, reshuffle and continue with the hand. Then punch the dealer in the nose.If someone deals before action is completed, just put that card back in the deck and shuffle it... then continue on with the hand. Again: punch dealer in the nose.Dunno if that's right or standard or whatever, but it works.
After you get the dealer a cleanex for the punch to the nose. What if the burn cards and the mucked cards get mixed in do you reshuffle all the cards together?
After you get the dealer a cleanex for the punch to the nose. What if the burn cards and the mucked cards get mixed in do you reshuffle all the cards together?
I am pretty sure shuffling the muck and the rest of the deck and finishing the hand would be the vest bet. No one in the hand should have any idea what's in the muck anyhow.
Find a new dealer if that is happening regularly.... but... i mean.. if you cant find the top of the deck... then the cards should probably be shuffled and then turn card should be dealt.... just use common sense?... and deal better?
We rotate the deal we dont have a desiganted dealer. It being a home game there is usally Drinking and Smoking involved witch is the cause of the missdeal most often. However the KEM cards are quite slippery and the other day it was actually myfault for being the jackass who missdealed. (Picked up the deck and they just shot outa my fingers everywhere.)

It'd be impossible to separate the cards so if that happens you kind of have to shuffle them back in... That doesn't sound entirely fair though, so I guess you may have to redeal the hand... I'm not too sure on that one.

Per Forum Rules no one is allowed to answer this question. Instead, I highly reccoment you PM 13CARDS.
That would be nice if we could. I am pretty sure he asked for a ban a few weeks ago and Zach was happy to do it for him. :club:

PM 13cards. No one else is worthy of answering this question.

We rotate the deal we dont have a desiganted dealer. It being a home game there is usally Drinking and Smoking involved witch is the cause of the missdeal most often. However the KEM cards are quite slippery and the other day it was actually myfault for being the jackass who missdealed. (Picked up the deck and they just shot outa my fingers everywhere.)
Yeah, exactly what I thought when I read this. And I DEFINITELY DO NOT want to kick this player out at all. If he is too drunk or stoned to deal, then should be easy for even me to beat him.Have someone reshuffle the remaining cards for him while you hand him the bong and a new beer.
That would be nice if we could. I am pretty sure he asked for a ban a few weeks ago and Zach was happy to do it for him. :club:
Pretty sure banned posters can send and receive PM's.
PM 13cards. No one else is worthy of answering this question.
I win.
It'd be impossible to separate the cards so if that happens you kind of have to shuffle them back in... That doesn't sound entirely fair though, so I guess you may have to redeal the hand... I'm not too sure on that one.
Wich sucks for the people in the hand that now have to give up a potentialy huge pot(Could have floped the nut flush and have dealer missdeal the river) to the players who originaly folded their hands.
Yeah, exactly what I thought when I read this. And I DEFINITELY DO NOT want to kick this player out at all. If he is too drunk or stoned to deal, then should be easy for even me to beat him.Have someone reshuffle the remaining cards for him while you hand him the bong and a new beer.
Deff best solution so far...

Just go all in and if u win good, but if u lose say that can't count it was a misdeal.

If you can save the deck, and still be able to tell excatly which cards should be the turn, the burn for the river, and the river, GOOD. Do so, and continue the hand. If you can't, it's a misdeal, everyone gets their money back.Yeah, it sucks

Why did you even respond? That is what is wrong with this forum in cases like this. I have been a member for four years and never been able to get an accurate answer on anything.