Here's an ignorant question. What does "cross book" mean? Does it mean that you have a piece of me and i have a piece of you in a tourney? Is there a standard "cross book" percentage? Speak on it...
no, having a piece of each other is a swap. A crossbook is when you basically bet on who will cash and will pay them a percentage based on how much they cash for.Example: 2 players make a 10% crossbook, player A cashes for $100, player B cashes for $500. Player A owes player B 10% of $400 (500-100), or $40.the percentage is based entirely on how much money you have to risk dependent on how much its possible to win.
Here's an ignorant question. What does "cross book" mean? Does it mean that you have a piece of me and i have a piece of you in a tourney? Is there a standard "cross book" percentage? Speak on it...
I think it is street slang for the bible.
no, having a piece of each other is a swap. A crossbook is when you basically bet on who will cash and will pay them a percentage based on how much they cash for.Example: 2 players make a 10% crossbook, player A cashes for $100, player B cashes for $500. Player A owes player B 10% of $400 (500-100), or $40.the percentage is based entirely on how much money you have to risk dependent on how much its possible to win.
What is the value in that? Shouldn't player B pay Player A? Kind of like insurance? It seems like it's more like a last longer. So if you crossed booked me for 1% and I won $12mil for the WSOP main event, you owe me $120,000?
What is the value in that? Shouldn't player B pay Player A? Kind of like insurance? It seems like it's more like a last longer. So if you crossed booked me for 1% and I won $12mil for the WSOP main event, you owe me $120,000?
if you didnt put a cap on it yeah. the "value" is that if you think you're betting vs a player not as good as you, its the opposite of insurance, whoever does best gets even more.
if you didnt put a cap on it yeah. the "value" is that if you think you're betting vs a player not as good as you, its the opposite of insurance, whoever does best gets even more.
I guess it makes sense. Thanks bro!