Kk In A Sunday Million Sat. $11.70, 2nd Table, Short Stack

Already through to the second table of a double shootout. I'm at a table full of complete donks. Seriously, there are people seeing every flop. I've played poorly adjusting to said donks, so I'm short stack. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB (t2475)UTG (t3395)Hero (t790)CO (t1615)Button (t2495)SB (t4230)Preflop: Hero is MP with kd.gif, kc.gif. UTG calls t50, Hero raises to t150, 3 folds, BB calls t100, UTG calls t100.Flop: (t475) 4s.gif, as.gif, 7c.gif(3 players)BB bets t400, UTG folds, Hero ?????Okay, preflop. I do realize I played this wrong. I messed up and didn't see that somebody had limped in. My standard raise would have been 200. I didn't think a push is good for max value. I've had the table already fold to a standard 3x raise when I had AA.Flop play, are we ever good here? I have no real read on the villain other than he has more chips than me and a lot has been from check calling garbage. Him showing strength throws me off. I know I don't have much left for chips, but 3 Sunday Mil. spots are up for grabs with 6 remaining.

i would make it 250 to go preflop, but given your description of the table and knowing personally how these things play, shoving isn't at all unreasonable. and yeah, flop really sucks, but you have to let it go and hope to ninja your way back into contention. there is almost zero chance you aren't drawing to 2 outs.

i would make it 250 to go preflop, but given your description of the table and knowing personally how these things play, shoving isn't at all unreasonable. and yeah, flop really sucks, but you have to let it go and hope to ninja your way back into contention. there is almost zero chance you aren't drawing to 2 outs.
it's all true
I guess in hindsight, pushing preflop probably wouldn't have been a bad play. I just got into a groove of playing things too tricky trying to chip up.I play these all of the time and am fairly successful on them. Usually it's ABC aggro poker and I just sit back and wait for a big hand. This was by far the strangest table because I honestly had no idea how any of these players made it through the first round. I guess I have to learn to adapt to styles a bit better.

Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to lay those cowboys down if you want to win a ticket. Plenty of people are going to play Ax (where x = almost anything, esp if suited) at a 6 handed table. Additionally, for 100 more, a lot of people are going to play suited connectors.Chances your opponent has an A or a flush draw are pretty high, if you ask me, so I'm folding to stay alive and hope to exploit the blinds with a position shove to get some chips back.

I like 250 preflop and being committed to the pot thereafter. Yes you are ahead here sometimes esp. in this retarded sats. villian could easily have flush draw middle pair or air and is trying to scare you with the A on board. In your particular situation flip a coin and decide whether to push or fold probably doesnt matter that much in the long run.

Youre at a high variance table and the best defense against it is a lot of chips. Picking up blinds and a limper here does next to nothing for your chances. So pushing doesnt look right.The next thing to realize is that youre committed to this hand if you make a legitimate raise, since there is already a limper, and to avoid a whole world of calls youre going to have to invest 30% of your stack.You cant go and go or stop and go very effectively because you dont have first action so unless your go and go raise isolates you arent liable to pick up any FE, but to isolate youre going to have to commit anyway.So, youve got no apparent optimal plays, and to maximize value youre going to have to induce a mistake from another player if at all possible. Whats the best chance of doing that? Getting a villain to commit a lot of chips while youre almost certainly ahead...ie back to the push.Why did that take 4 paragraphs to agree with the others and wind up back at square 1? Because thats the kind of thought process I think needs to happen to be sure that youre not doing something silly. (Not that others didnt do something similar, just the way my thinking would go)