So We play a regular Tuesday night game and the guys there range from okay to average players. SO most of the night I was playing ultra T/A and everyone at the table noticed it because usually I play L/A against them. So anyway we all start with $25 in chips and blinds start at .25/.50. We just moved the blinds to .5/1.00. I have about $42 in front of me and am the chipleader. The next closest guy has $37. So I'm in the SB and get dealt A9o. Everyone folds to Mr.$37 who calls the BB, Dealer calls and I call BB checks. Flop come A Q 7 rainbow. I decide to check, BB checks Mr$37 goes for $2.5. Dealer folds and it is on me...What would everyone do? Any feedback is appreciated and I will post my action later. 8)

I would have bet the flop. You have such a vulnerable hand that you really needed to figure out where you were before any action started. You may have the best hand now, but in order to find out, it's going to be more expensive. You could check raise him here if you really thought he might give it up. You are the SB in an unraised pot so you could have any two cards. ISorry I don't have anymore constructive advice, I just can't put myself in the situation where I checked the flop with such a vulnerable hand and am going to consider either folding top pair to a small bet or check raising with a weak hand into an unraised pot. Your opponent could have anything from high card to a set. (I don't consider calling here because you have no idea where you are in the hand.)

Depends on Mr $37, is he the type to play A-rag? Does he like to limp with AK? Since you already checked I'd raise to $6-7, in an unraised pot you probably have the best hand unless someone hit 2 pair. If he reraises you then you probably have to fold, but again most of it depends on what type of player Mr $37 is. He could very easily be betting with the Q because nobody has shown any strength.

Well this play has been killing me all day. I had put Mr.$37 on a queen as he was playing pretty loose and figured him for 2nd pair so I raised him all in :oops: . he flipped over a Q and an A and I was pretty much drawing dead. I can't understand why I didn't just raise him a little. After the play it seems like the logical thing to do. Oh well Live and Learn. Good to hear the advice. I guess I should have bet the flop to see where I was.Thank you for the input 8)

I'd probably have kicked myself a little for not betting my top pair (despite the mid-kicker) on the flop to see where I stood relative to the other players still involved. If you had bet and got raised, then you have some good info and could have gotten out cheaply if you wanted to. Since you checked, without a raise, you're probably defensive the rest of the way. Since you said you have a rep for being L/A, but everyone noticed you were playing T/A on this particular evening, a check - raise probably would have done you well in this spot. That falls in line with you being chip leader with your T/A style this evening. It looks like your tight play sucked you into playing tight/passive on this one hand.

I'd probably have kicked myself a little for not betting my top pair (despite the mid-kicker) on the flop to see where I stood relative to the other players still involved. If you had bet and got raised, then you have some good info and could have gotten out cheaply if you wanted to. Since you checked, without a raise, you're probably defensive the rest of the way. Since you said you have a rep for being L/A, but everyone noticed you were playing T/A on this particular evening, a check - raise probably would have done you well in this spot. That falls in line with you being chip leader with your T/A style this evening. It looks like your tight play sucked you into playing tight/passive on this one hand.
He did check raise him and ran into two pair. It seems he played this hand very loosely.
So We play a regular Tuesday night game and the guys there range from okay to average players.  SO most of the night I was playing ultra T/A and everyone at the table noticed it because usually I play L/A against them.  So anyway we all start with $25 in chips and blinds start at .25/.50.  We just moved the blinds to .5/1.00.  I have about $42 in front of me and am the chipleader.  The next closest guy has $37.  So I'm in the SB and get dealt A9o.  Everyone folds to Mr.$37 who calls the BB, Dealer calls and I call BB checks.  Flop come A Q 7 rainbow.  I decide to check, BB checks Mr$37 goes for $2.5.  Dealer folds and it is on me...What would everyone do?  Any feedback is appreciated and I will post my action later. 8)
Fold. You missed the oppurtunity to lead at the flop with your marginal holding, and you really have to fold to a bet. Also, if you do bet the flop, you really have to fold to any raise.
He did check raise him and ran into two pair. It seems he played this hand very loosely.
Yeah I tried to keep my T/A for the night but with top pair and a seemingly small bet I fell into my loose game and realized why I tried to change it up a little. Been kicking myself all day for that :club:

He must have been replying as I was typing my message. I didn't have the check-raise all-in info when I replied. If I had known that then I would have commented that IMO that play was too aggressive unless he knows this players style inside out. But that's just me, since I'm generally tight-aggressive.

Yeah I tried to keep my T/A for the night but with top pair and a seemingly small bet I fell into my loose game and realized why I tried to change it up a little. Been kicking myself all day for that :club:
The reraise was ok, just not reraising all in. 95% of the time you're only be going called by a hand that has you dominated or drawing dead when you reraise huge like that. Where if triple his bet and he moves all in its an easy fold and you still have plenty of chips to work with. Patience.