I started Lent with the vow that i will eat like a vegetarian.Ive always wanted to try and not sure if I will make it till Easter, but we will see how it goes.The proper way to do is eat like a Vegan during Lent, but thats too Negreanu for me...Started today and already had to stop myself from having a piece of salami that was in the fridge.Im sure Ill make it..
wow, good luck. I really want to try too, but I don't think I could pull it off with my eating habits. I would hope to increase my veg intake like Chris did, but more likely, I'd end up filling up on bread+pasta.Maybe at best I could pull off 30days, but Id wonder if that was enough to have a true effect.
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys! and its THREE future NHLers: I'm not counting myself out just yet. theres always a chance....

wow, good luck. I really want to try too, but I don't think I could pull it off with my eating habits. I would hope to increase my veg intake like Chris did, but more likely, I'd end up filling up on bread+pasta.Maybe at best I could pull off 30days, but Id wonder if that was enough to have a true effect.
First day was a success...Survived a big hurdle as i was at the Raptors game with Burkie's dogs tempting me.There are a lot of options of food, when you realize a huge percentage of the population eats like this for health, religious and lifestyle choices.Im not going full out though, as i will be eating fish..
First day was a success...Survived a big hurdle as i was at the Raptors game with Burkie's dogs tempting me.There are a lot of options of food, when you realize a huge percentage of the population eats like this for health, religious and lifestyle choices.Im not going full out though, as i will be eating fish..
Your eating fish? What kind of veg diet is this? lolSo, since you hate chicken and dont eat it already, your just taking out beef+pork? :)Ok, still a scarfice, so gl with it.
Your eating fish? What kind of veg diet is this? lolSo, since you hate chicken and dont eat it already, your just taking out beef+pork? :)Ok, still a scarfice, so gl with it.
Thanks for the new word Fenxis..really cool..ya its only beef and pork, but I realized that I eat a lot of beef..Pork isnt even that prominent...Except for the sausages..For me this is a big sacrifice..Hopefully Ill last.
Bacon?
i dont eat bacon like at breakfast..I wont go out of my way to eat it..If someone orders a pizza with bacon on it thats fine, ill eat it..However, I LOVE ham....Thats a tough one to give up..
Good luck serge, it's tough but it's worth it!
Thanks. I had a bit of a cholesterol issue and hopefully this will help with that as well.

So I was notified by a fellow FCPer that someone was on theFan590. I go to Sportsnet and see you talking on the TV. My question is do you and Damien Cox get along. It does not seem like it.

So I was notified by a fellow FCPer that someone was on theFan590. I go to Sportsnet and see you talking on the TV. My question is do you and Damien Cox get along. It does not seem like it.
He's a buffoon and an idiot. As am I. We are good friends. He comes over to jam guitar....
He's a buffoon and an idiot. As am I. We are good friends. He comes over to jam guitar....
Damien Cox comes off really arrogant like..But he has grown on me..Some of this rants are really buffoonish..but unlike others he isnt as bad..Steve SimmonsGlenn HealyKevin McgranThese are mostly idiots, who in recent days have been having a field day on the airwaves and twitter just enjoying this Leafs slump, meltdown whatever you want to call it.

Glenn Healy was on the Fan this afternoon and said he would be a better goalie coach than Francois Allaire.He wasnt joking , he was serious...The hosts were a little shocked at the comment.He went on a 5 minute rant on how bad the Leafs are and how incompetent Ron Wilson is..If the Leafs wont the Stanley Cup in 6 games, he would complain to say what a bad team it took them 6 games.

Glenn Healy was on the Fan this afternoon and said he would be a better goalie coach than Francois Allaire.He wasnt joking , he was serious...The hosts were a little shocked at the comment.He went on a 5 minute rant on how bad the Leafs are and how incompetent Ron Wilson is..If the Leafs won the Stanley Cup in 6 games, he would complain to say what a bad team it took them 6 games.

Karlsson has 12% of his team's total points scored. Even in Gretzky's best statistical season (85-86 when he put up 215pts) it was only 18% of the team total output. In Mike Green's big season a couple years ago he only accounted for 10% of the teams output. I don't really have a point, I just felt like being statistical.

Karlsson has 12% of his team's total points scored. Even in Gretzky's best statistical season (85-86 when he put up 215pts) it was only 18% of the team total output. In Mike Green's big season a couple years ago he only accounted for 10% of the teams output.
Karlsson for Norris... AINEC.
Karlsson for Norris... AINEC.
Yeah, I can't see there even being a question on the matter. 15th in the league for defensive +/- and he's outscoring 2nd place on offense by 23 points. That's just absurd.
Yeah, I can't see there even being a question on the matter. 15th in the league for defensive +/- and he's outscoring 2nd place on offense by 23 points. That's just absurd.
He was pretty bad defensively last year (lots of turn overs / -30) but he's now logging lots of time in all key situations. He has almost more pts in 5-on-5 hockey than the next guy has total -- definitely not cherry picking PP pts.
Never bet against Lidstrom. He could play 3 games, and probably still tie for first in norris voting..
Never bet against Lidstrom. He could play 3 games, and probably still tie for first in norris voting..
Eh.. one of those classic who you think should win versus who you think will win.