Heads Up In (pretty Much) Winner Take All Tourney

36 man tournament, $50 buy in, winner gets seat at $1500 event at World Series, runner up gets $150 ($100 profit)Villian (actually a good friend) and hero are solid, Harrington-versed players, changing gears throughout tourney and playing solid short-handed poker. First hand heads up hero raises to 3x blind pre-flop with A-6 on button, villian folds, next hand villian folds pre-flop, third hand hero folds 9-2 pre-flop.Fourth Hand:Hero = 96,000Villian = 84,000Blinds = 4,000 - 8,000Hero is dealt Ks 6h in big blindVillian raises to 20,000, hero callsFlop = Ac 8d 2sHero checks, Villian checksTurn = KdHero ???? Thoughts on all streets appreciated, sorry for lack of converting, not sure how to.

Its pretty unusual that he would raise PF and then not cb when an A flops. The flop is very dry and he could easily be slowplaying an A, or he could have raised with a pocket pair and the flop scared him. Id lead 20k on the turn and fold to a raise.I may have folded this preflop. K6 isnt a hand i want to go to battle with.If I were in this situation against a good friend and stacks so even I would have split 650 and played for 200, and both gone to the WS.

Perhaps I should have added that I took a pretty long time before checking the flop. He thought for about ten seconds for checking behind. I had a very strong read that he did not have an ace after this happened.
That's a pretty important read that should be in the OP.If you're very sure of your read, bet the turn and shove to a raise. If you're unsure of your read, I would either check/fold, or bet/fold on the turn. At this point, this hand hasn't taken too big of a chunk out of your stack and you still have plenty of room to play to pick a better spot.

Sorry for not including the read in OP, I am an inexperienced poster.I was VERY sure about my read. Is there any benefit to shoving turn instead of betting 20,000 if I know I am committed? Maybe get villian off King with higher kicker?

I hate checking here, but if you think yourK is any good, check calling is the best play to keep the pot small. Beware that a check on that flop, him not cb, means there is a pretty good chance he is holding AK.It could be QQ but my best guess is AK.edit: I was just rethinking and if he is a harrington versed player then there is a very good chance that he is not holding an ace, and it is more like QQ or JJ (KK is unlikely given that you hold the other K)

Yes, IMO it is just a terrible preflop call, and even though I thought on it for a long time, I was exhausted and just convinced myself that he had a pocket pair. Before I saw flop I was already mad at myself. He is raising here with any Ace, any K (most of which dominate me), QJ, QT, JT, and any pocket pair, and that's it, meaning I have a HUGE chance of being dominated. Just an awful preflop call, and trust me I realized this as soon as I made it. That being said, as played I wasn't getting away from the hand with the knowledge he didn't have an ace, so I am still debating the merits of betting 20,000 as opposed to shoving.

Yes, IMO it is just a terrible preflop call, and even though I thought on it for a long time, I was exhausted and just convinced myself that he had a pocket pair. Before I saw flop I was already mad at myself. He is raising here with any Ace, any K (most of which dominate me), QJ, QT, JT, and any pocket pair, and that's it, meaning I have a HUGE chance of being dominated. Just an awful preflop call, and trust me I realized this as soon as I made it. That being said, as played I wasn't getting away from the hand with the knowledge he didn't have an ace, so I am still debating the merits of betting 20,000 as opposed to shoving.
If you know that certainly that he doesnt have an A, then you may also know how he reads your push or your 20k bet. Does he know that you'll read him for not having an Ace? If he does, then he could read the push as a steal attempt. If he thinks you can still put him on an A (even though you dont) then he may read the K as a probe and come back over the top.What your certainty does indicate is that he made a terrible play checking the flop, because he put himself in this position.

Agreed checking flop was terrible on his part. I don't feel he is aware of my read, and I think he would suspect a 20,000 bet as a steal attempt much more than a push. Then again if I want a call then I should bet the 20k. With a push I am representing an ace, as I would have played an ace in this exact manner (whether or not that's right) and he knows this. I feel a push can possibly get him off K7-KT, though I may be off on this. All this indicates that I put myself in an awful spot OOP with a mediocre hand. RESULT:I shoved, he tanked for a good four minutes and called with K9 of spades. I'm actually surprised he tanked that long, but as I said, I know he knew I would play an ace the same way. He's off to the WSOP and I will root hard for him.

I shoved, he tanked for a good four minutes and called with K9 of spades. I'm actually surprised he tanked that long, but as I said, I know he knew I would play an ace the same way. He's off to the WSOP and I will spike his coffee with castor oil on day 1, the lucky SOB.
fixed.