Wpt La Poker Classic

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand #72: Quinn Do has the button in seat 4, Ivey raises under the gun to 190,000, and Hellmuth asks for a count from the big blind. Ivey doesn't move a muscle, and Hellmuth says, "This time I'll at least call you. Hellmuth calls.The flop comes Qs10c2s, Ivey bets 250,000, and Hellmuth calls, and immediately checks in the dark. The turn card is the 10d, and Ivey checks behind him. The river card is the Ks, Hellmuth checks, and Ivey bets 500,000. Hellmuth smacks his hands together, saying, "Come on, man. What is this B.S.?" (And yes, he said the initials, not the words.)Hellmuth calls, and Ivey shows AcAd for two pair, aces and tens. Hellmuth mucks, and he is down to 2.85 million. Phil Ivey passes him on this hand, now up to 2.9 million.

Seat 3. Wei Kai Chang - 1,060,000Seat 4. Quinn Do - 1,480,000Seat 5. Nam Le - 1,090,000Seat 7. Phil Hellmuth - 1,070,000Seat 8. Phil Ivey - 5,240,000Seat 9. Charles Moore - 1,420,000Seat 10. Scott Montgomery - 1,920,000

Seat 3. Wei Kai Chang - 1,060,000Seat 4. Quinn Do - 1,480,000Seat 5. Nam Le - 1,090,000Seat 7. Phil Hellmuth - 1,070,000Seat 8. Phil Ivey - 5,240,000Seat 9. Charles Moore - 1,420,000Seat 10. Scott Montgomery - 1,920,000
domination
Hand #72: Quinn Do has the button in seat 4, Ivey raises under the gun to 190,000, and Hellmuth asks for a count from the big blind. Ivey doesn't move a muscle, and Hellmuth says, "This time I'll at least call you. Hellmuth calls.The flop comes Qs10c2s, Ivey bets 250,000, and Hellmuth calls, and immediately checks in the dark. The turn card is the 10d, and Ivey checks behind him. The river card is the Ks, Hellmuth checks, and Ivey bets 500,000. Hellmuth smacks his hands together, saying, "Come on, man. What is this B.S.?" (And yes, he said the initials, not the words.)Hellmuth calls, and Ivey shows AcAd for two pair, aces and tens. Hellmuth mucks, and he is down to 2.85 million. Phil Ivey passes him on this hand, now up to 2.9 million.
Awesome

Murderers row of a final table. Hellmuth, Ivey, and Nam Le. Yikes. I wouldn't like my chances if I was one of the other 3, although they look like they are successful players as well.

It should be a good final table. On another note, It'll be interesting to see how long it goes because NBC HU Tournament starts tomorrow. Ivey and Hellmuth are supposed to be in it.

From the interview with Hellmuth it appears he called with 99. Hellmuth seems to be playing very differently from the way he normally does. He is consistently raising 4 to 5 times the big blind. Usually he is like Negreanu and raises less then 3 although he varies it.
It should be a good final table. On another note, It'll be interesting to see how long it goes because NBC HU Tournament starts tomorrow. Ivey and Hellmuth are supposed to be in it.
I think the actual tournament starts on the 29th. http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23109497/ . It is listed as running from 2/28 - 3/2 everywhere but 2/28 is just the selection party which I am sure they will be allowed to miss. Hellmuth missed it last year and I don't think I can stand two years in a row with no Hellmuth in the Heads Up Championship.

Seat 1 - Quinn Do - 1,450,000Seat 2 - Nam Le - 1,180,000Seat 3 - Phil Hellmuth - 2,380,000Seat 4 - Phil Ivey - 4,100,000Seat 5 - Charles Moore - 1,510,000Seat 6 - Scott Montgomery - 2,680,000Ivey has position on the 2 pros. That plays into his game a lot better!!

For those who missed it:Thu Feb 28 17:21:04 PST 2008Hand #1: Woody Moore Doubles Through Phil IveyHand #1: Phil Hellmuth has the button in seat 3, Ivey raises from the small blind to about 240,000, and Moore moves all in from the big blind for 1.5 million. Ivey studies the stacks and ponders the situation for more than five minutes. He clearly appreciates the amount of history that is at stake tonight, and is taking his time.Or, perhaps he has ace-queen, and is wondering whether it will continue to be unlucky for him on the World Poker Tour.Ivey quietly says, "I call," and the crowd erupts to their feet. Moore shows AK, and he dominates Ivey's A9, looking to double up here.The flop comes 632, and Moore retains the lead. The turn card is the J, and Ivey needs a nine on the river to bust Moore here.The river card is the Q, and there are a fair amount of cheers as Woody Moore doubles up to more than 3 million -- and the chip lead. One of his friends yells, "Woody's in town!"Ivey takes the hit, dropping down to about 2.6 million, which puts him nearly tied with Scott Montgomery for second in chips.:club: I want it to still be the Phil and Phil show. Meh!

She was trained by Phil Laak, one of the greatest, most talented poker minds in the world. Of course she is good.I really have Hellmuth to win, followed by Ivey. However if Ivey and Hellmuth get to heads up, Hellmuth is really goingto have to open up his game a whole lot if he wants to avoid being chipped down by Ivey.

Ivey is starting to spew chips.Hand #4: Scott Montgomery has the button in seat 6, Ivey raises from middle position to 230,000, Montgomery reraises from the button to 660,000, and Ivey goes into the tank once again. He thinks for more than three minutes before he calls.The flop comes 872, Ivey checks, Montgomery bets 800,000, and Ivey studies him for about 30 seconds before he folds. Scott Montgomery takes the pot worth more than 1.3 million, moving into a solid second place.

Ivey loses another big pot. Looks like he wanted to come out today and dominate but just hasn't had hands.Hand #6: Nam LeThursday, February 28, 2008 05:37 PM PST Hand #6: Nam Le has the button in seat 2, he limps for 80,000, Hellmuth completes from the small blind, and Ivey checks his option. The flop comes A42, and all three players check. The turn card pairs the board with the 2, Hellmuth checks, Ivey bets 100,000, Nam Le calls, and Hellmuth folds.The river card double-pairs the board with the A, Ivey checks, Nam Le bets about 300,000, and Ivey folds. Nam Le takes the pot.