Wpt La Poker Classic

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gl dn, and the-toilet 0 obv shipped the 1k event last night for 105k and a sweet leather jacket
If my nickname is the toilet and I hit a 100K score I'm getting me some monogramed toilet paper.That's me though.
Jerry Yang EliminatedSaturday, February 23, 2008 08:53 PM PST Jerry Yang has busted out of the tournament late on day 1. My week is now made. :club:
FYP
If my nickname is the toilet and I hit a 100K score I'm getting me some monogramed toilet paper.That's me though.
lmao ill mention that to him
gl dn, and the-toilet 0 obv shipped the 1k event last night for 105k and a sweet leather jacket
WOW. Very nice. :D
Jerry Yang EliminatedSaturday, February 23, 2008 08:53 PM PST Jerry Yang has busted out of the tournament late on day 1. My week is now ruined. :club:
He's alive? Seriously, has anyone heard boo from Yang in like.. 10 months?
WOW. Very nice. :club: He's alive? Seriously, has anyone heard boo from Yang in like.. 10 months?
Posted this in challenge thread, but will repeat here:After busto Yang came down and sat at my 10/20NL table. He posts oop, folds 2 hands, then limps the button. Call call raise to 140ish. Yang repops to 500ish, guy calls. Flop J77, Yang bets $1000, guy calls. turn Q, Yang pushes for $1300ish, and the guy looks upset but calls. River T and Yang flips over AT and the guy goes ballistic and mucks what I assume were nines or eights. Welcome to the table Jerry Yang! :D He was super nice though and very quiet. I said congrats to him on his win when I left the table and he was very gracious about it.Mark
Cardplayer's chip counts indicate that Hellmuth is still in but Daniel is out. I'm not really sure what to believe.
It had Hellmuth out earlier in the night. Look this morning he is in.
It had Hellmuth out earlier in the night. Look this morning he is in.
It might have been some sort of miscommunication between the reporters since Hellmuth was one of the players that was playing in a poker room outside of the main room because they didn't have enough room for all of the players in the main tournament area. I think Huck Seed was another one who was in that same area. I'm sure they'll have everybody in one room today.

Phil is alive and has a decent stackTable 14 Update: Hellmuth Takes a HitSunday, February 24, 2008 02:44 PM PST Seat six raises 850 from the cutoff and Phil Hellmuth reraises 1,500 more on the button. His opponent makes the call and the flop rolls out 8c7h4d. Hellmuth and seat six both check and the Ks falls on the turn. Hellmuth bets 1,000 and his opponent raises to 2,500. Hellmuth calls and the river brings the 9s. Both players each add an additional 5,000 on the last round of betting and seat six turns up AsKd before Hellmuth mucks his hand. Hellmuth is down to 60,000.60k is twice the average

I was there tonight playing cash games and railing a bit of the tourney. There was one brutal table with Ivey, Benyamine, Johnny Chan (until he busted), Antonio, Anna W, and what appeared to be David Singer (though I didn't get a good look at him). Jennifer Tilly somehow got a ton of chips. I saw a hand where a guy went all-in for 42K on a JT3 frop, Dan Harrington calls with JT, 33 for the all-in guy, the fourth 3 comes on the turn and Harrington asks for a ten on the river. Phil Hellmuth appeared to be behaving today, though he looks ridiculous in his jersey and cap with PH and Poker Brat all over the place. Walking billboard FTW.