Jose Calderon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear
When I get the time, it will be fairly easy for me to provide a ton of stats that back this up. Can you do anything to prove your argument besides say "Oh dear", "Interesting" (when he slumped for 6 games last year), and "He didn't start for his olympic team"?
When I get the time, it will be fairly easy for me to provide a ton of stats that back this up. Can you do anything to prove your argument besides say "Oh dear", "Interesting" (when he slumped for 6 games last year), and "He didn't start for his olympic team"?
Do I really have to explain how Jose Calderon is not in the same league as Chris Paul? Don't show me stats, this ain't baseball.
Do I really have to explain how Jose Calderon is not in the same league as Chris Paul? Don't show me stats, this ain't baseball.
He is up there though. I think I'd put Paul and Williams up at the top right now. Nash is still solid but definitely on the decline. Calderon is top 5 in the league right now, and perhaps the best in the east. The biggest problem with Calderon is his inability to cover good PGs.
Calderon's upside is John Stocken lite, pretty darn good but not Chris Paul who by the time it's all said and done might end up as the best point guard ever.

Calderon's upside is John Stocken lite, pretty darn good but not Chris Paul who by the time it's all said and done might end up as the best point guard ever.OK, so you have no facts, just vague opinions, to back up your answer to my question? Explain it to me like I'm your 8 year old son asking why he's better.

I might be the only one left in Toronto who thinks TJ Ford is a better player than Calderon. And before everyone tells me to STFU I probably know more about basketball than you.The Toronto media strikes again!
Boy don't I feel like an idiot...Calderon is a better player obv but if they played 1-on-1 I would have to give it to FordLet me save myself somehow...lol
Calderon's upside is John Stocken lite, pretty darn good but not Chris Paul who by the time it's all said and done might end up as the best point guard ever.OK, so you have no facts, just vague opinions, to back up your answer to my question? Explain it to me like I'm your 8 year old son asking why he's better.
Chris Paul is better at- scoring- defense- passingFFS look at his roster. Tyson Chandler was awful before he played with CP3, and David West was a nobody. They are now a top 5 team in the league. A starting lineup of Chandler/West/Stojakovic/Peterson/(add an average PG) would have NO shot in the West. Calderon is a better shooter but Paul's %s are absurd for a PG as well, so JC's edge isn't huge.It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that Paul is a lot better than Calderon. I hate saying that CP3 could be a better PG than Magic but if his numbers keep improving you can legitimately make the argument.
This guy is making me look like the dumbest guy on the planet over the last 4 games
Calderon pulled a Hammie in the first half tonight and the way the team played without him showed how screwed the Raptors will be if he's down for any extended time.
  • 3 weeks later...

Calderon's been annoying me with his play lately. I know his hamstring is slowing him down and he's probably playing at 75%, but I'm getting sick of him just standing there dribbling the ball and dumping it into Bosh. He needs to start creating some shots for his other teammates and stop relying on Bosh so much.

• 1 month later...

He is definitley sick. He's like less than ten free throws away from breaking the most consecutive free throws made record. Raptors dont need to make the playoffs, they just need to set some motha****en records. After Jose' starts the trend, Bosh is gonna pull through with the highest single game scoring record; 101 points "PASS IT TO BOSH" **** yeah. Just wait and see.........

He is definitley sick. He's like less than ten free throws away from breaking the most consecutive free throws made record. Raptors dont need to make the playoffs, they just need to set some motha****en records. After Jose' starts the trend, Bosh is gonna pull through with the highest single game scoring record; 101 points "PASS IT TO BOSH" **** yeah. Just wait and see.........
Jose is definitely impressive with his return and instant turn around of the Raptors.
  • 1 year later...