Daniel Should Not Have Played In Tourney Of Champions

Daniel, I'm really shocked at your stance on the Sundin thing. And I hope you listen to reason. As a former Rangers fan, I stopped being a fan the night Glen Traitor Sather traded Leetch. Leetch was a lifelong Ranger and even though the Rangers were going nowhere fast, he wanted to finish his career with the only pro jersey he ever wore. Was that really being selfish of him to dispise Sather because he traded him??? No. He loved the Rangers and didn't would rather die with his team, than play against them. He even said in his retirment speech, that the only time he sat on the visitors bench, the fans made sure he felt like he was home.Mats Sundin is showing tremendous loyalty. He wants his baseball card to read Tor on every line. I sooooo respect that. You should too. Lastly, isn't that clause in his contract?? Didn't he negotiate it for a reason?? Of course he did. When you railed against Hellmuth, Chan and Brunson for playing in the Tourney of Champions, you were proud of yourself for earning the spot the next year. Well...you shouldn't have played. It was selfish of you. Someone else could have come in 2nd. You should have let someone else finish in the money. How dumb does that sound?!? You earned the right to play in that tournament. Your previous play earned you that right. And Sundin earned the contract he signed. I hate players that hold out because they became better than the contract they signed. So the teams should stick to their contracts that they signed with the players.You're wrong on this one. Sundin isn't being selfish. He's being loyal. And he's earned that right.

Mats Sundin is showing tremendous loyalty. He wants his baseball card to read Tor on every line. I sooooo respect that. You should too.
I'm adding nothing to this thread, but this made me laugh.When baseball cards have pictures of hockey players on them, we call them hockey cards.
I'm adding nothing to this thread, but this made me laugh.
I'm laughing about the string of QUE's (4 seasons with the Nordiques, including his statistical "best season" of 47g and 114 points) that will always be at the beginning of his hockey card statline, no matter how this whole thing shakes out. I think calling anyone selfish about anything is still premature, because I think Mats still gets traded by the deadline. If he blocks it, then he's acting for the good of himself rather than for the good of the team, which is basically the definition of the term "selfish", although I'll concede that he's earned and negotiated the right to look out for #1 first and foremost. Sundin's no spring chicken anymore though, and I honestly don't see Toronto doing anything of substance during his remaining years in the league *unless* they start stockpiling decent picks and prospects *right now*. The way you do that is by making smart trades and parting with assets in the best interests of the team and it's future. Sundin would get the added benefit of being able to play for a contender *this year* and maybe get his hands on the hardware for once in his career.
Lastly, isn't that clause in his contract?? Didn't he negotiate it for a reason?? Of course he did. When you railed against Hellmuth, Chan and Brunson for playing in the Tourney of Champions, you were proud of yourself for earning the spot the next year. Well...you shouldn't have played. It was selfish of you. Someone else could have come in 2nd. You should have let someone else finish in the money. How dumb does that sound?!? You earned the right to play in that tournament. Your previous play earned you that right. And Sundin earned the contract he signed. I hate players that hold out because they became better than the contract they signed. So the teams should stick to their contracts that they signed with the players.You're wrong on this one. Sundin isn't being selfish. He's being loyal. And he's earned that right.
Yes, you sound dumb.So...for his "loyalty", lets continue watching the leafs losing for a few more years. That sounds great!
wheres Montreal_Est or whatever it was. He gets close to this.edit: Nevermind, just saw that he was taken care of.
****in Wikepedia. It was late, and I forgot. Hockey used to mean a lot more to me. I still stand behind what I said.

The whole loyalty blah is what gets me. If he was TRULY being loyal to the team he would do whatever it took to help the team improve. That means leaving town for a couple of months at least. He wasn't a Leaf for life, so that argument holds no water.

The whole loyalty blah is what gets me. If he was TRULY being loyal to the team he would do whatever it took to help the team improve. That means leaving town for a couple of months at least. He wasn't a Leaf for life, so that argument holds no water.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/1367...ynamic-duo.htmlLC: No-Trade Clause, there is a lot of anger towards you from fans and teams alike. A lot of times you literally handcuff a team from improving itself.NTC: It’s long-term security for the player that has me. For a team to improve they must first consult that player to see if he’s willing and able to help the team. It’s really a question of loyalty, both ways.SC: So let me get this straight. If a player waives you and allows himself to be traded, he’s proving his loyalty to the team. But, if he decides to not waive you and wants to remain with the team, he’s proving his loyalty because he wants to stay?NTC: Exactly.SC: Is there a history of drug abuse in your family?LC: He does have a point.
OK, I understand (now) that he hasn't been a Leaf for life. But I mean maybe he feels he can help the team win. Maybe he doesn't want to collude as I'm sure making an underhanded deal to rejoin the Leafs would count as colluding. But what about the argument that he earned his no-trade clause? Why give up something that he worked hard for and earned?And again...if he loves the Leafs so much, he shouldn't leave. One last thing. He's the Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs. That is a pretty big honor and he probably takes that pretty seriously. Captains dont leave their men.
And we will all still think you are dumb.
Cheer up man. Stop being so rude and mean. Smile and ask someone for a hug!! You'll feel better. :D:club:
Cheer up man. Stop being so rude and mean. Smile and ask someone for a hug!! You'll feel better. :D:club:
Just for future reference it is not a good idea to bash Negreanu in his own forum. I wouldn't recommend it. And if you do make sure you get your facts straight and make no grmatical errors.On the topic I do agree that Sundin is not being Selfish. He negotiated the NTC and if he wants to use it then all the power to him. Of course the Leafs would be a better team in 2008-09 if he was traded but that's not his fault he doesn't want to go. Blame JFK for signing the NTC deal. All he had to do was look ahead and say Hmmm if we suck this year I could trade Mats at the deadline and pick up a lot of help for our future. Instead of "whatever you want Mats, name your terms."
On the topic I do agree that Sundin is not being Selfish. He negotiated the NTC and if he wants to use it then all the power to him. Of course the Leafs would be a better team in 2008-09 if he was traded but that's not his fault he doesn't want to go. Blame JFK for signing the NTC deal. All he had to do was look ahead and say Hmmm if we suck this year I could trade Mats at the deadline and pick up a lot of help for our future. Instead of "whatever you want Mats, name your terms."
- If Sundin doesn't want to move then that's his prerogative.- If he wants to win in Toronto, as he claims, then he should be waiving that NTC.Should be honest with his motives.

Mats Sundin is a legend in Toronto...Its his decision to do what he wants..This Negreanu guy is pretty clueless when it comes to the Leafs...Sad thing is half the poker public assumes he is a knowledgeable Leafs fan...I think he should stick to playing poker and leave the Leaf conversations to guys like Gruven and Digitalmonkey..They seem to know their stuff.

Mats Sundin is a legend in Toronto...Its his decision to do what he wants..This Negreanu guy is pretty clueless when it comes to the Leafs...Sad thing is half the poker public assumes he is a knowledgeable Leafs fan...I think he should stick to playing poker and leave the Leaf conversations to guys like Gruven and Digitalmonkey..They seem to know their stuff.
oh hello
Just for future reference it is not a good idea to bash Negreanu in his own forum. I wouldn't recommend it. And if you do make sure you get your facts straight and make no grmatical errors.On the topic I do agree that Sundin is not being Selfish. He negotiated the NTC and if he wants to use it then all the power to him. Of course the Leafs would be a better team in 2008-09 if he was traded but that's not his fault he doesn't want to go. Blame JFK for signing the NTC deal. All he had to do was look ahead and say Hmmm if we suck this year I could trade Mats at the deadline and pick up a lot of help for our future. Instead of "whatever you want Mats, name your terms."
I'm not bashing Negreanu. I'm strongly dissagreeing with him. How interesting a site would it be if we all said, "Yes Daniel, you are right again! I don't know how you do it!!"But yeah,I should have gotten my facts straight. It was late I checked Wikapedia and maybe I just missed the Que part of the site. I should have known better anyways. I used to be the biggest hockey fan. But once the Rangers traded all my favorite players away, I stopped caring and lost my passion for the game.
fri_30a.jpg
OK, that was a good comeback, though to be fair I didn't use it in a gay way. I was just trying to give you a man-on-man hug. I felt you needed one.
This made me laugh.That is all.
what part? What sucked the most was it was the year they won The Cup. I felt as if the Chicago Oilers were playing at MSG.