barry g. says daniel plays in the "2nd tier" .

Its just like professional wrestling.Hype the match, good for the sport, both players and for Wynn as well. I am getting sick of hearing about "the toughest poker game in the world" which is alternately Doyle and Chip's or Larry Flynt's or the WSOP depending on who you ask ( and sometimes when.)Its getting to be a tired cliche

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who really cares wat berry thinks he can think wat he wonts. if he wonts to think danny doesnt play the 4k-8k game regulary he can. I dont think is opinion really matters. we all no that dn play the 4k-8k game more then any other limit. from reading way berry wrote really makes me think he thinks to highly of himslef and is a PRICK.

Phil Hellmuth and Johnny Chan are two bigger icons than Chip Reese. Reese is the superior player, but to the average Joe on the street in North America they would know Hellmuth and Chan much more often than they would Reese, simply cuz Reese doesn't have the tv exposure.

Phil Hellmuth and Johnny Chan are two bigger icons than Chip Reese. Reese is the superior player, but to the average Joe on the street in North America they would know Hellmuth and Chan much more often than they would Reese, simply cuz Reese doesn't have the tv exposure.Barry wasn't making a point about people being well known, he was using the word "Icon" in the correct classical sense of meaning "An enduring symbol" as opposed to the more recent connotation of "popular idol".Bill Russel is an icon of Basketball in this sense and Lebron isn't, even though many more people will know who Lebron is.

who really cares wat berry thinks he can think wat he wonts. if he wonts to think danny doesnt play the 4k-8k game regulary he can. I dont think is opinion really matters. we all no that dn play the 4k-8k game more then any other limit. from reading way berry wrote really makes me think he thinks to highly of himslef and is a PRICK.
Not to be too much of a prick myself, but it's hard to take you seriously when you write like a 14 year old on instant messenger. Sorry, but it is really distracting, and I honestly think that you'll get better responses if you clean up your posts so they make more sense.

it has been said that barrys talent and generosity are exceeded only by his mighty ego. I find that a bit odd. Even though i think hes one of the best players in the world, his personality is kind of a strange mix of arrogance and generosity. Barry definetly looks down his nose a bit at anyone whos not a regular at the 4 8. He says they all do, but hes the only one ive ever seen quoted as saying that. Incredible player humongous ego. In a heads up match between these 2 i think the game selection determines the winner. No doubt the structure will have lots of play to it. any great player would want that. Daniel has said barry has no real weak games...i wonder if daniel has any?(weak in perspective of course)

Barry wasn't making a point about people being well known, he was using the word "Icon" in the correct classical sense of meaning "An enduring symbol" as opposed to the more recent connotation of "popular idol".Bill Russel is an icon of Basketball in this sense and Lebron isn't, even though many more people will know who Lebron is.
Very well put, especially the Bill Russell analogy. Being an icon isn't about how popular you are with Joe Public; Being an icon is about how your peers/people in the 'know' view your accomplishments and lasting contribution to the game. That isn't to say any of the more popular players of today won't become icons in the future, it's just that they have to stand the test of time before people like Barry will put them in the same league as Doyle and Chip.Patrick
it has been said that barrys talent and generosity are exceeded only by his mighty ego. I find that a bit odd. Even though i think hes one of the best players in the world, his personality is kind of a strange mix of arrogance and generosity. Barry definetly looks down his nose a bit at anyone whos not a regular at the 4 8. He says they all do, but hes the only one ive ever seen quoted as saying that. Incredible player humongous ego. In a heads up match between these 2 i think the game selection determines the winner. No doubt the structure will have lots of play to it. any great player would want that. Daniel has said barry has no real weak games...i wonder if daniel has any?(weak in perspective of course)
He also doesn't think very highly of tournament professionals. Check out this Russ G thread from RGP where Barry jumps in half way down (barryg1). His comments regarding tournament players are very interesting.http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.ga...2dc4bf4359be4bc
There is no real way to verify results. If you really won the money, that should be good enough. Barry So then why does this arrogant d0uchebag talk about being the biggest cash game winner every chance he gets? I know the guy is good and some people will defend him no matter what, but I still think he's an a$$hole plain and simple. Yeah he gives to charity. He also mentions it every chance he gets. If you make the kind of money these guys make and don't give to charity you should probably burn in hell imo, so this doesn't exactly make him a saint.
Maybe because people on these forums won't shut up about it and he feels some sense of being responsible for correcting their false quotations or laughable assumptions.Also, it's hard to not talk about donating to charity when it's the first thing the WPT crew, etc., is likely to ask him about in his interviews. DId you ever suspect that maybe he's trying to promote a good cause? It's win-win for him, with the exception of his generosity inspiring the misguided ire of fools like you.It's nice that you've walked a few miles in his shoes before calling him a schoolyard name, though. -adam
I think barry should just stfu and stop looking like count choculawpo0420.jpghfce102.jpg
OMG ROFLMFAOI just got home and saw this....laughed so hard I almost blew my Count Chocula out my nose..... :sick:
I think barry should just stfu and stop looking like count choculawpo0420.jpghfce102.jpg
OMG ROFLMFAOI just got home and saw this....laughed so hard I almost blew my Count Chocula out my nose..... :sick:
and they said I had nothing to add to this forum. :club:
I've always thought the Chapelle avatar was cool.

Yeah this really bothered me. I don't really have any preconceived ideas about Greenstine...but I mean what he said is just retarded. If he's in a level above daniel, I'd like to see who he plays with. 'Cause when DN sits down at the Belagio (used to) he's playing with Doyle and Chip (barry's proclaimed legends) So who does that mean BG is sitting with? Al Krux? What a pathetic thing to say....

........still laughing........... :colors:
Yeah this really bothered me. I don't really have any preconceived ideas about Greenstine...but I mean what he said is just retarded. If he's in a level above daniel, I'd like to see who he plays with. 'Cause when DN sits down at the Belagio (used to) he's playing with Doyle and Chip (barry's proclaimed legends) So who does that mean BG is sitting with? Al Krux? What a pathetic thing to say....
Barry played against Andy Beale, correct?I imagine there are private/unpublicized/infrequent games bigger than the 4/8. If you look at Daniel's posted results for the year, it seems pretty apparent that he is technically not a regular of the game. 58 hours since the new year.Also, you seem to be drawing a lot of conclusions about Barry as a person based on internet postings, etc. Barry's conduct has been much more mature than that of some other pros who are actively visible online. Look at the Sklansky/Dan threads here and on 2+2 for an example. It's very easy to misconstrue comments that may be entirely good-natured.-adam
I have a fifteen year old son, a math wiz in a high school program that is harder to get into than MIT (in fact the curriculum is the MIT curriculum just four years sooner and done more rapidly).  To my horror he wants to become a politician.  I would prefer he become a professional poker player.  The reasons, (other than  the current conservative political climate, which, God willing, will pass) are obvious: the company of truly intelligent people, fair rules  actually adherred to by everyone, and independence.
Wow. I know you and your son's lives are none of my business, but I suggest you investigate further how most pros really live before you push your son into gambling.

Personally, the average politician and the average poker player contribute nothing at all to society.You're better off letting your son join a native population in some remote country, learning to live peacefully off the land without exploiting it through a non-productive western job that pays far more than it's worth.-adam

Not to be too much of a prick myself, but it's hard to take you seriously when you write like a 14 year old on instant messenger. Sorry, but it is really distracting, and I honestly think that you'll get better responses if you clean up your posts so they make more sense.
I was a bad speller all through school and i type really fast. I really dont care if you take me seriously or not, i really doubt people on this site care if i can spell and type good. By the way you did come off as a prick and your comments arent needed, just read the posts and dont worry about gramer.
Personally, the average politician and the average poker player contribute nothing at all to society.You're better off letting your son join a native population in some remote country, learning to live peacefully off the land without exploiting it through a non-productive western job that pays far more than it's worth.-adam
No, the difference is that the average poker player does no harm. Here in the U.S. lately watching the extreme right foment intolerance to garner support for policies that are a blatent attack on the middle and working class has been pretty discouraging. No worries, the kiddo shows not the slightest interest in poker as a profession, and is much too independent thinking to give Mom much say in what he does anyway. speedz99 and deviper: Though my son's his IQ is almost incalculable, he is as verbal as Tony Blair, and wrote respectable science fiction since the 6th grade, he is dyslexic and writes alot like deviper, especially in on-line communication which is quick and not spell-checked. No amount of review helps, every word is presented to his brain differently, he can spell the same word correctly once and then incorrectly in the very next line. Poor spelling is not necessarily a sign of sloppiness or lack of intelligence.
I was a bad speller all through school and i type really fast. I really dont care if you take me seriously or not, i really doubt people on this site care if i can spell and type good. By the way, you did come off as a prick and your comments arent needed, just read the posts and dont worry about gramer.
LOL I'm a jerk.