New Challenge ( Tourney Style )

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, because I reluctantly called. He had JJ. And I binked a 6 on the river. lol
That looks like good enough evidence that it was a good call to me. :)And yeah, obviously you have to call once you raise. Backdoor straight ftw too.
That looks like good enough evidence that it was a good call to me. :)And yeah, obviously you have to call once you raise. Backdoor straight ftw too.
I figured it was a good flop for me and his bet looked like a feeler/continuation bet. He suckered me in.

lol wpFull Tilt Poker Game #10085477207: $28,000 Guarantee (76404093), Table 94 - 250/500 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:29:17 ET - 2009/01/17Seat 1: Roger_regoR (12,245)Seat 2: GalloFX (8,305)Seat 3: ScubaSteve393 (8,098)Seat 4: GamBaLLer21 (9,274)Seat 5: steelup21 (13,850)Seat 6: LiquidRabbit (14,939)Seat 7: masberg (2,575)Seat 8: coldharv (18,702)Seat 9: coby30 (7,391)Roger_regoR antes 50GalloFX antes 50ScubaSteve393 antes 50GamBaLLer21 antes 50steelup21 antes 50LiquidRabbit antes 50masberg antes 50coldharv antes 50coby30 antes 50coby30 posts the small blind of 250Roger_regoR posts the big blind of 500The button is in seat #8*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GalloFX [Qh Qc]GalloFX has 15 seconds left to actGalloFX raises to 1,300ScubaSteve393 foldsGamBaLLer21 foldssteelup21 raises to 13,800, and is all inLiquidRabbit foldsmasberg foldscoldharv raises to 18,652, and is all incoby30 foldsRoger_regoR foldsGalloFX calls 6,955, and is all incoldharv shows [As Js]GalloFX shows [Qh Qc]steelup21 shows [3h 3s]Uncalled bet of 4,852 returned to coldharv*** FLOP *** [5c 6h 2s]*** TURN *** [5c 6h 2s] [Kd]*** RIVER *** [5c 6h 2s Kd] [8s]coldharv shows Ace King highsteelup21 shows a pair of Threessteelup21 wins the side pot (11,090) with a pair of ThreesGalloFX shows a pair of QueensGalloFX wins the main pot (25,965) with a pair of Queens*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 37,055 Main pot 25,965. Side pot 11,090. | Rake 0Board: [5c 6h 2s Kd 8s]Seat 1: Roger_regoR (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: GalloFX showed [Qh Qc] and won (25,965) with a pair of QueensSeat 3: ScubaSteve393 folded before the FlopSeat 4: GamBaLLer21 folded before the FlopSeat 5: steelup21 showed [3h 3s] and won (11,090) with a pair of ThreesSeat 6: LiquidRabbit folded before the FlopSeat 7: masberg folded before the FlopSeat 8: coldharv (button) showed [As Js] and lost with Ace King highSeat 9: coby30 (small blind) folded before the Flop

This player just moved to my table.Full Tilt Poker Game #10084818054: $28,000 Guarantee (76404093), Table 94 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:46:26 ET - 2009/01/16Seat 1: bettyfranklins (10,145)Seat 2: GalloFX (8,410)Seat 3: ScubaSteve393 (6,620)Seat 4: big fish pond (4,930)Seat 5: steelup21 (4,295)Seat 6: LiquidRabbit (3,040)Seat 7: tingbaby (5,600)Seat 8: coldharv (10,960)Seat 9: coby30 (3,994)bettyfranklins posts the small blind of 100GalloFX posts the big blind of 200The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GalloFX [6d 6h]ScubaSteve393 foldsbig fish pond raises to 600steelup21 foldsLiquidRabbit foldstingbaby foldscoldharv foldscoby30 foldsbettyfranklins foldsGalloFX calls 400*** FLOP *** [7s 5s 2h]GalloFX checksbig fish pond bets 600GalloFX raises to 2,200big fish pond raises to 4,330, and is all inGalloFX FOLD?Is a fold bad after the raise now?
calling preflop here is a huge leak.

Gallo: I think that 66 hand is pretty indicative of what I think your biggest leak is. Also for the AQ hand, I'd call because I can't imagine what he ever has that beats us, and it's a huge side pot between you two that you can lose the all in to the caller and still profit a lot.

Gallo: I think that 66 hand is pretty indicative of what I think your biggest leak is. Also for the AQ hand, I'd call because I can't imagine what he ever has that beats us, and it's a huge side pot between you two that you can lose the all in to the caller and still profit a lot.
Which AQ hand?Can you guys please tell me why my call with 66 is a leak?
Which AQ hand?Can you guys please tell me why my call with 66 is a leak?
I'll take a stab that Grinder is referring to your inability to get away from/pot control 66 on a board like yours. I know we joke about it, but you c/r there goes to your core problem of never believing your opponent could have a hand.Maybe calling w/ 66 there isn't perfect, but I too would like more of an explanation of how that is a "pretty big" leak.
I'll take a stab that Grinder is referring to your inability to get away from/pot control 66 on a board like yours. I know we joke about it, but you c/r there goes to your core problem of never believing your opponent could have a hand.Maybe calling w/ 66 there isn't perfect, but I too would like more of an explanation of how that is a "pretty big" leak.
Cause of his opponents stack size. He is essentially set mining there against an UTG + 1 raise. And given stack sizes its pretty bad.And the problem with the flop raise is that he is raising for info. The fact that he now wants to fold after raising is really indicative of that.
lolNot really that I didn't believe him, it's just that that was the kind of board I though would be good for 66 tbh.Then when he shoved, I knew I was beat, that's why I was ready to fold.
Cause of his opponents stack size. He is essentially set mining there against an UTG + 1 raise. And given stack sizes its pretty bad.And the problem with the flop raise is that he is raising for info. The fact that he now wants to fold after raising is really indicative of that.
yesNormally, I would just call his cb on the flop and go from there, but I honestly thought I was good. Then he shoved and I was like "Chinga su pinche madre!!"
Yes that flop raise was very silly and though he may have thought "Well, I'm beat" when calling, I'm nearly positive that he never would have actually folded
Yes that flop raise was very silly and though he may have thought "Well, I'm beat" when calling, I'm nearly positive that he never would have actually folded
Trust me, I was very close to folding. But I eventually called.

Ok, I think that hand is a good representation of your leak because you raised the flop with no plan at all, and I've seen you do this a ton in spots like this/board textures like this. You c/r for vague reasons like safe boards, don't believe him etc, and now that it's pretty overwhelmingly likely that you have 2 outs and 2 outs only, you put yourself in a spot where you're getting like 100-1 and it's tough to fold. Also, the AQ hand I meant was the one where the dude open blasted A65hh and got called in front of you. I don't know if I'm explaing myself well but the whole 66 is bad, starting with pre (I agree that it's a fold pre as well).

It's more the thought process than anything else though. Taking a decent made hand on that board and turning it into a bluff shows in general that we don't know WHY we are raising. Every move you make should have a reason behind it. Raising here is the opposite of that.
Ok, I think that hand is a good representation of your leak because you raised the flop with no plan at all, and I've seen you do this a ton in spots like this/board textures like this. You c/r for vague reasons like safe boards, don't believe him etc, and now that it's pretty overwhelmingly likely that you have 2 outs and 2 outs only, you put yourself in a spot where you're getting like 100-1 and it's tough to fold. Also, the AQ hand I meant was the one where the dude open blasted A65hh and got called in front of you. I don't know if I'm explaing myself well but the whole 66 is bad, starting with pre (I agree that it's a fold pre as well).
Oh, this too. You need to have a plan every time you do something in poker.....whether it's bet, raise, check, etc., you need to decide before you do it what you are doing if your opponent reacts in certain ways.
It's more the thought process than anything else though. Taking a decent made hand on that board and turning it into a bluff shows in general that we don't know WHY we are raising. Every move you make should have a reason behind it. Raising here is the opposite of that.
Ya, this is a good explanation
Oh, this too. You need to have a plan every time you do something in poker.....whether it's bet, raise, check, etc., you need to decide before you do it what you are doing if your opponent reacts in certain ways.
Even if it's just bet/evaluate based on timing/reads/history/bet/raise sizing you need to have some idea of a plan. Also, we do this because we <3 you. It's better to feel stupid for a day than be stupid forever.
GTFO back to your thread.I keed, I keed. Agree with Rdogs reasoning, and if you don't think your set mining how do you think 66 plays against an utg opening range? This hand is just going to be really hard to play from any position vs an UTG open with these stacks especially from the BB, just muck and save the "chinga to pinche madre" for me when I open up your table.
I was trying to save you some face, jackass
I'm drinking, leave me alone.
Your in the wrong thread!! :club: And as far as that AQ hand that GMJ talked about, The shover had AK and the caller had K10hh.