Daniel Gives Out Poy Award.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is suppose to be funny how? I just think jews are a more acceptable target.
I just think it would be funny if he said taking care of the black problem.Or taking care of the Mexican Problem.Or taking care of the chinese problem.There are sooo many angles that could have been taken.... and they would have all been funny.
Wasn't the "Jew Problem" what Hitler referred to it as? And wasn't he quoting what he was told in broken English? It looked to me like he wanted to explain but was shaken at the response and the realization of what he said.I don't know, I don't think he meant it to come off that way.
The response for the most part was laughter and that is what disturbs me.
I just think it would be funny if he said taking care of the black problem.Or taking care of the Mexican Problem.Or taking care of the chinese problem.There are sooo many angles that could have been taken.... and they would have all been funny.
The KingTanner problem ftw...Seriously, though, wtf was the guy trying to say? To actually say "Jew Problem", even in jest, is to risk being misinterpreted by any large % of whoever hears it. I hate racists.
Seriously, though, wtf was the guy trying to say? To actually say "Jew Problem", even in jest, is to risk being misinterpreted by any large % of whoever hears it. I hate racists.
Who knows what he was trying to say.But he was obviously caught off guard by the reaction and wasn't meaning to come off that way, he knew he made a mistake which is why it was sooo funny.If the kid was making obvious racist remarks there is no way it would have been funny. The crowd knew he screwed up.Its the same reason why everyone thought the Nagger episode on South Park was so funny. Randy is not a racist at all, but he truly thought the answer to the puzzle was the N word. People were talking about that episodes for weeks, not because they are racist (well some might be), but because it was funny. Sometimes its ok to laugh at racial humor.

Dennis: This Jew's in for a ton of work. Mac and Charlie: [in unison] WHOA! Dennis: Whoa, what? Mac: Come on, man! You can't say things like that! Dennis: I don’t know what I said. What'd I say? Charlie: Uh, you dropped a hard "J" on us.

Daniel's response on 2+2:

When he went up on stage he was visibly nervous in a big way. I threw him a softball question about his screen name, of course, never expecting Hitler and Jews to be involved with the answer!My reaction was to try and defuse the situation quickly, thus I took the mic from him. It seemed clear to me that is was just a bad choice in grammar, but because he was so nervous I was worried about what he may say next. I felt like if he tried to explain himself at that moment he would have a tough time doing under the circumstances and might likely stick his foot in his mouth. I wanted to let him off the hook and move on.I'm very happy with the way I handled the situation and most people agreed that I handled it well.I felt bad for the kid, because it was obvious to me that he has no problem with Jews, and that he was explaining a story and used a poor choice of words. He is a good kid.

Also...Jew eat?

After seeing the video I disagree that is was just a poor choice of grammar or that he mixed up his words. The comment saying that Nebuchadnezzar was the "first to deal with the Jew problem" came immediately after a comparison to Hitler. I do not think this was a coincidence and I have a very hard time seeing this phrasing as a casual misstatement, especially in the context of Hitler. To not even know to be careful when discussing this subject takes an unusual level of ignorance. The laughter afterwards, however, I do not see as a problem. Everyone was obviously uncomfortable with what had happened and that often expresses itself as laughter.

I'm jewish I don't think he's an anti-semiteIt just sounded like he read a wiki article about the babylonian guy and that either he or hitler referred to their actions as dealing with the Jew problem - he was nervous and it came out awkwardlyI don't think it's a big deal - although then again he didn't change his screen name when he found out - but eh who cares

I'm jewish I don't think he's an anti-semiteIt just sounded like he read a wiki article about the babylonian guy and that either he or hitler referred to their actions as dealing with the Jew problem - he was nervous and it came out awkwardlyI don't think it's a big deal - although then again he didn't change his screen name when he found out - but eh who cares
Me too, and I agree. At the very end he looks really embarrassed, which in my experience, doesn't happen with the anti-semite.
I don't think it's a big deal - although then again he didn't change his screen name when he found out - but eh who cares
Well the screen name comes from the Matrix ship, he probably knew nothing about the King or whatever, he just loves the Matrix.He was on the right track with the history part of it, I remember watching The Matrix in a film appreciation class and the instructor did a lecture about the name of the ship. So the kid was close, but his history lesson came off really bad.
How Daniel does so much for this game.. I'll never know, not just because I'm an aggro *******.. but because I just can't help so many people and not feel like I could have someway bettered myself..definitely not for the jews.
damn i thought u were banned