All In (dark)

Playing in a home game this weekend and the following situation came up.....6 handed NL Holdem Tournament. Girl in the BB was extremely short stacked and verbally declared all in before the flop (she had about 3BB).....another player questioned this saying that it would affect the play of others at the table who may have otherwise limped.....is this allowed? To me it seems that she is acting out of turn.....thoughts? thanksJayray

jayray, please work to better explain the exact series of events. like what was the action to her, when did she declare all-in, etc.?the way you have it worded makes it difficult to answer the question.
My bad.....I will try again, sorry.We are playing six handed. The girl takes a pretty big hit, all but like 3BB. As the cards are being dealt for the next hand (with her in the BB) she pushes the remainder of her chips out and says "I am all in dark"...and the other guy (the button) says "you can't do that from the BB, you are acting out of turn...these other folks may have limped/raised/whatever if you hadn't stated you were all in dark".... So no one else had acted yet, the girl utg immediately folds...and so on......Is this ok?

it sounds to me like the BB moved in dark before anyone else has acted, I believe it is not allowed and the player should be warned about acting out of turn, however the action for the current hand stands and unless someone raises before her turn then she is all in. If someone else raises then she has the option to fold , move all in etc.

Unless she gets a walk shes going to be playing for all her chips anyways so strategically it would be smart for her to wait, get some dead money in the pot and then go all in.I know this did not answer your question, just pointing it out.

it sounds to me like the BB moved in dark before anyone else has acted, I believe it is not allowed and the player should be warned about acting out of turn, however the action for the current hand stands and unless someone raises before her turn then she is all in. If someone else raises then she has the option to fold , move all in etc.
I believe this is absolutely correct. Prepare for 13cards to come in this thread and say you're wrong.
Unless she gets a walk shes going to be playing for all her chips anyways so strategically it would be smart for her to wait, get some dead money in the pot and then go all in.I know this did not answer your question, just pointing it out.
The rest of the field isn't going to fold for 2bb more, so I don't think the other players are contributing dead money. Ideally, when I have a random hand I would prefer that all the other players fold.

Surely it would just count as a Mississippi straddle, and whether or not these were legal in the game would be decided beforehand?EDIT: Just seen it's a tourney.. ok.

:Insert obligatory and all too obvious "All In Before The Floop" reference here:
Consider it done.
And that means what? The rules should still be followed.
just means they're supposed to be fun. i go all in pre-deal a lot. unless it's a serious game... but i didn't get that feel, ya know?
Playing in a home game this weekend and the following situation came up.....6 handed NL Holdem Tournament. Girl in the BB was extremely short stacked and verbally declared all in before the flop (she had about 3BB).....another player questioned this saying that it would affect the play of others at the table who may have otherwise limped.....is this allowed? To me it seems that she is acting out of turn.....thoughts? thanksJayray
hwo is it posible to axsept all in befor the floop? (first?)
hwo is it posible to axsept all in befor the floop? (first?)
Plus you're not even close. Without looking I think it's:How is possible to accept all-in withouth to see the floop