Official F C P Favorite Vegas Restaurants Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

boy, you really do run bad...

Lately when in Vegas I seem stuck in a rut of Lotus of Siam, Sen of Japan and the Omlette house on Charleston near downtown.   Still love bFast at Cafe Bellagio too. Peppermill and Blueberry Hill g

Heh, I was just about to bump this. :)Anyway, headed out to Vegas next month, and looking for fish place recommendations. Ideally about $50-60 a plate total max.I'm the only one that likes fish out of everyone I know, so I need to get it any chance I get.
Aqua is pretty good and another place comes to mind, Mastros Ocean Club. I've been to the one in Scottsdale and Cardcore has been to the Vegas location at City Center and loved it. It is very good imo.http://www.opentable.com/mastros-ocean-club-las-vegas
Hey all,I'm taking a last minute trip. We're staying at the Bellagio, and will be at the Palms tonight for a party. Any ideas for dinner? I'd like to stay $40-50/pp before booze, tax, or tip.Thanks!
Jasmine at the Bellagio is excellent if you like Chinese. Sensi is also good (more of an asian fusion place) and is right around your budget. Prime is a great steakhouse but will be a bit above your budget.Went out to Vegas a few weeks ago. Hit a few new places.Wing Lei----the fancy Chinese place at the Wynn. The room was nice and the service was good.....but the food was not so great. Obviously not bad or anything but Jasmine or Fin at the Mirage are much, much better.Lavo (Palazzo)---It's way too loud late at night (unless that is what you want of course) but the view when you sit outside is really awesome and the food was quite good especially the pasta dishes.Sushi Samba (Palazzo mall)---We just had a bunch of appetizers at happy hour but they were all delicious. Drink deals were decent. Lots of tvs.....good place to relax for a couple hours.Grand Lux Cafe (Venetian)---If you like the Cheesecake Factory, you'll like this place. Basically, the same thing.Postrio (Venetian Mall)---It's one of the randoms in a square in the Venetian shopping mall area. So, it's loud and there are little shows going on all around. But it's a wolfgang puck place and the food was above average (especially the corn soup which was particularly good).
Aqua is pretty good and another place comes to mind, Mastros Ocean Club. I've been to the one in Scottsdale and Cardcore has been to the Vegas location at City Center and loved it. It is very good imo.http://www.opentable.com/mastros-ocean-club-las-vegas
I've actually been to the Mastros location in Costa Mesa. It is quite amazing; my mother who I also took marveled at the ambiance.(It's also rather freaky to have a bathroom attendant in the bathroom. I had never been to a place like that before.)
Jasmine at the Bellagio is excellent if you like Chinese. Sensi is also good (more of an asian fusion place) and is right around your budget. Prime is a great steakhouse but will be a bit above your budget.Went out to Vegas a few weeks ago. Hit a few new places.Wing Lei----the fancy Chinese place at the Wynn. The room was nice and the service was good.....but the food was not so great. Obviously not bad or anything but Jasmine or Fin at the Mirage are much, much better.Lavo (Palazzo)---It's way too loud late at night (unless that is what you want of course) but the view when you sit outside is really awesome and the food was quite good especially the pasta dishes.Sushi Samba (Palazzo mall)---We just had a bunch of appetizers at happy hour but they were all delicious. Drink deals were decent. Lots of tvs.....good place to relax for a couple hours.Grand Lux Cafe (Venetian)---If you like the Cheesecake Factory, you'll like this place. Basically, the same thing.Postrio (Venetian Mall)---It's one of the randoms in a square in the Venetian shopping mall area. So, it's loud and there are little shows going on all around. But it's a wolfgang puck place and the food was above average (especially the corn soup which was particularly good).
Thanks for the pointers.We went to the Bellagio buffet (had never been, and it made sense with the timing of meals to party). It was good, but I don't think I'm the world's biggest buffet fan. Saturday night was the Fallout New Vegas party, where I was happy to enjoy the free food and drink, and giggle at the various guests.Sunday morning we went to Noodles for the dim sum--it was expensive for dim sum ($60 for two, includes one noodle dish from regular menu) but the food was good. Their Shanghai dumplings weren't the xiao long bao that I know and love, but they were serving chicken feet, so yeah!
Thanks for the pointers.We went to the Bellagio buffet (had never been, and it made sense with the timing of meals to party). It was good, but I don't think I'm the world's biggest buffet fan. Saturday night was the Fallout New Vegas party, where I was happy to enjoy the free food and drink, and giggle at the various guests.Sunday morning we went to Noodles for the dim sum--it was expensive for dim sum ($60 for two, includes one noodle dish from regular menu) but the food was good. Their Shanghai dumplings weren't the xiao long bao that I know and love, but they were serving chicken feet, so yeah!
yeah buffets are not for everyone but Bellagio is as good as it gets in that department----except the Spice Buffet at the PH (used to be the Aladdin so the name made sense) which is incredible.Sounds like you had a good trip.
yeah buffets are not for everyone but Bellagio is as good as it gets in that department----except the Spice Buffet at the PH (used to be the Aladdin so the name made sense) which is incredible.Sounds like you had a good trip.
Wynn buffet is better imo but it's splitting hairs. But as far as buffets go, these two are light years ahead of the others in quality.
Wynn buffet is better imo but it's splitting hairs. But as far as buffets go, these two are light years ahead of the others in quality.
Never eaten at the Wynn buffet......going to have to try it next trip.

Got back on Saturday from 5 nights. Its a toss up for me between Wynn and Bellagio buffets, I had wynn this trip and it was very good however the sushi/japanese section at the Bellagio is supperior aswell Bellagio has more exotic meats to sample. The ceviche selections at the Wynn are awesome and there desserts might edge out the Bellagio now that they added a live action crepe and waffle section to go with there other great selections. also no wait at they Wynn at 5pm was a plus.Gave Mesa Grill another shot and it was alot better than my last time there. Had the chille relleno and tomato soup and both were very good.Table 10 is my favorite restraunt in Vegas. There menu is kinda all over the place which i actually like. Had creole seafood bouliabasse(sp?) and California Buffalo. The buffalo was fantastic.Other than that nothing to exciting food wise other than the usual In N Out trip. Went to Hash House a go go at the IP but the wait was gonna be 45 minutes so I passed.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Scott time to update this :club:
You just did, thanks!The initial thread/listings were complied from places people from here have actually eaten at and liked. Clearly there are hundreds that folks have not been to yet.If people have questions just post here. City Center has really thrown this thread for a loop and I obviously have not eaten everywhere.The links above all seem legit. There are just too many places in Vegas to eat, it's insane.That said, you'd have to work really hard to find a shitty dining experience. gl.
  • 3 weeks later...
You just did, thanks!The initial thread/listings were complied from places people from here have actually eaten at and liked. Clearly there are hundreds that folks have not been to yet.If people have questions just post here. City Center has really thrown this thread for a loop and I obviously have not eaten everywhere.The links above all seem legit. There are just too many places in Vegas to eat, it's insane.That said, you'd have to work really hard to find a shitty dining experience. gl.
my 1st trip to Vegas the population was only 300,000 3 years later it hit 1 mill
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a little disappointed in Mesa. It was the place we went for the annual fcpha nice Vegas dinner. Some of the dishes were pretty damn good while others fell flat. All in all, I liked it but found it to be overpriced for what you get. The steaks in particular were a disappointment. The pork tenderloin on the other hand was lovely. The wines were overpriced for the most part, too. It was too loud in there when we arrived, but we had a late reservation and it was fine once everyone else had cleared out, but the wait staff seemed to be waiting on our party to gtfo. That kind of took away from the ambiance.A few folks went to Lavo the night before and raved about it. I'd like to give it a try.

I was a little disappointed in Mesa. It was the place we went for the annual fcpha nice Vegas dinner. Some of the dishes were pretty damn good while others fell flat. All in all, I liked it but found it to be overpriced for what you get. The steaks in particular were a disappointment. The pork tenderloin on the other hand was lovely. The wines were overpriced for the most part, too. It was too loud in there when we arrived, but we had a late reservation and it was fine once everyone else had cleared out, but the wait staff seemed to be waiting on our party to gtfo. That kind of took away from the ambiance.A few folks went to Lavo the night before and raved about it. I'd like to give it a try.
I never get a steak there, usually a pork dish or whatever the special is. That said I have moved on from this being a favorite and have other favorite places now, but Mesa is almost like nostalgia to me, one of the first great Vegas restaurants I ever tried and right at the point of the poker blow up. Such great memories. Truth is there are just so damn many better places to eat now and so much has changed in 7 years, it's impossible to pick a fave anymore (ok CUT)and Sen of Japan.
  • 2 months later...

Heading there next week:). I really want to try cut but my friend says she wants steak and lobster and I dont see lobster on there online menu. I guess i will have to settle(snickers) for Delmonico. Also hoping to get downtown and check out the newly opened Heart attack grill.

Heading there next week:). I really want to try cut but my friend says she wants steak and lobster and I dont see lobster on there online menu. I guess i will have to settle(snickers) for Delmonico. Also hoping to get downtown and check out the newly opened Heart attack grill.
Just one look at their menu made me laugh. These guys aren't kidding and they are def not fucking around.

I looked too...it's just not at all appealing. Lard fries and highest butterfat milkshakes....pass. It's like eating deep fried candy bars, which I know are available and I've never had. Just not appealing at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Happy WSOP 2012 foodie bumpA few places added, the list cleaned up a bit and a new 2012 best of link listing many of the current great places.Mundo (Mexican) was a great find by Kristy Moreno, as well as some new sushi choices.gl at the tables...(both kinds).