villian stats = VP 33, PR 6, TAPp 1 but only through like 33 handsWhat do you do here on the turn. The line on the flop was to try to have a little bit of pot control that's why my bet was about .75 with multiple callers on this raise just to save some bb especially oopFull Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterCO: $11.05BTN: $46.70SB: $129.10BB: $40.60UTG: $147.75Hero (UTG+1): $70.55MP1: $44.75MP2: $52.90Pre-Flop: Q:club: Q:diamond: dealt to Hero (UTG+1)UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.75, MP1 calls $1.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25Flop: ($7.25) 5:club: 4:spade: J:diamond: (4 Players)BB checks, Hero bets $5, 2 folds, BB calls $5Turn: ($17.25) 9:diamond: (2 Players)BB bets $13,

I get lost on these hands a lot. The board isn't very connected on the flop so what is the BB c/c with? A set is possible, A5dd, A4dd, does he float KT? He could have also connected with the J, maybe AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, J9. I think he's about committed to the pot with that $13 bet because he has no river options left if you call so shove even though we have no redraw? I don't know...smarter people will comment I'm sure.

I get lost on these hands a lot. The board isn't very connected on the flop so what is the BB c/c with? A set is possible, A5dd, A4dd, does he float KT? He could have also connected with the J, maybe AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, J9. I think he's about committed to the pot with that $13 bet because he has no river options left if you call so shove even though we have no redraw? I don't know...smarter people will comment I'm sure.
That's what had me a little lost on what to do. If I raise I have to put him all-in but I didn't really want to play this pot real big since I wasn't sure what the hell he was doing. If I call I think I have to call any river bet here

I've seen this play before, and it's mostly got me to shut down into call mode. I think thats what I would do here, but I also don't think you've missed. This seems to be a play that's been adopted by 2p2ers, you call a pf raise with a medium pair, one paint card comes, so you call what is perceived as a contiuation bet on the flop then lead the turn because you just know that the pf raiser will fold his AK. That being said, it would also be aces, because playing it cute is en vogue.

I've seen this play before, and it's mostly got me to shut down into call mode. I think thats what I would do here, but I also don't think you've missed. This seems to be a play that's been adopted by 2p2ers, you call a pf raise with a medium pair, one paint card comes, so you call what is perceived as a contiuation bet on the flop then lead the turn because you just know that the pf raiser will fold his AK. That being said, it would also be aces, because playing it cute is en vogue.
I shut down as well here only because I didn't want to put him all-in. I wasn't sure if I was ahead or behind at this point. I elected to call. A king came on the turn and he ended up checking so I was able to get a free showdown. I just wasn't sure based on how much he had left if you call the turn to call any bet on the river or to just shove.
I shut down as well here only because I didn't want to put him all-in. I wasn't sure if I was ahead or behind at this point. I elected to call. A king came on the turn and he ended up checking so I was able to get a free showdown. I just wasn't sure based on how much he had left if you call the turn to call any bet on the river or to just shove.
I might end up putting him all in on the turn, but I think one of my biggest leaks is paying off sets when I have an overpair. That being said, I don't think he has a set given the fac that he shut down when the king hits. If he has KJ, i drive to his house and beat him to death with his arm that I got from ripping it out of the socket. But again, if he had KJ, i think he shoves the river. I think you're good here.
I thought about this as well and I was reminded of something I read here recently (I think it was posted by Royal Tour) that said you be successful at poker you have to be able to play exactly one level above your opponent. More than that is counterproductive because you are giving them too much credit. The OOP c/c flop lead turn to pfr works well if you are reading your opponent as someone who nearly always c-bets as a way to slow them down. I guess it works the same as a c/r on the flop but adds another element by letting another card come off.