Thinking About Getting A Mac

Mac's make Dell's seem non-proprietary.
I have been in computer sales for ... FK!!!! I'm old... 16 years. I started out selling Macs and SGI stuff. I loved them. To sell more, make more bank, I made the switch to the dark side - windows and corporate technology. And while the sales are much higher... I miss the old days.Macs might be proprietary, but who the F cares? The stuff just works. Now I have never been a big gamer or anything so there's that argument. And the old days did suck when the online poker games weren't available on the Mac. But they are a far superior machine. (THIS COMES FROM ONE OF THE FASTEST HP RESELLERS IN THE COUNTRY).Enjoy your MAC!
If a program is frozen and not responding, you can force quit the program, which simply terminates its processes and doesn't freeze up your whole machine. Very very nice feature especially when you go from PC to Mac.
freezequit> end processim on a mac right now. Took me bout a month to get used to it..but I love it..so solid..never get virus's ect..never lags...just seems like a really solid machine..and tiny and nice to look at. (Macbook) cept my hands are too big and i fumble with the small keyboard.

if you decide to go with mac do not upgrade your ram with apple. I wanted 4 gigs of ram in my mac but it would have been like 800 dollars to upgrade it through apple. I instead ordered 4 gigs off of crucial.com for 120 bucks. Hard drives i guess are also easy to upgrade yourself but I haven't done that.

I would highly suggest not getting a mac. If you do make sure you get some kind of extended warranty. I have always had pc's and never had any problems with them. After one year, to the day, when the warranty expired everything went to crap. The battery quit working and the hard drive completely crashed. To get just those things fixed will cost just as much as buying a fully loaded brand new pc.
I've had the same iBook since 2004 and have had exactly zero maintenance issues with it.

as a new imac user etc. (and i love it).1. when people say no 'viruses' and that i installed norton for macs via the internet and to be hoenst it doesn't work. just get errors when i start that up so i gave up using that. is it just 'inbuilt' into macs that you don't need an antivirus software or and i just being a fool.2. does pokertracker work on macs?3. i would 100% recommend you get a mac, laptop or desktop.. amazing machines and yeh they are a luxury but it never crashes and so far a month in it hasn't put me on lft. (and if you can afford it get an iphone.. my god how did i live without one)sam

Don't get MacPoker Pro. It slows to a halt after 10k hands and become unusable. Wait for Pokertracker 3
QFMFTDo not buy Mac Poker Pro. It is a buggy piece of crap, it crashes every five minutes. The developers have apparently abandoned it as they have not responded on the support website for months and refuse to address some pretty huge bugs. Wait for PT3.
if you decide to go with mac do not upgrade your ram with apple. I wanted 4 gigs of ram in my mac but it would have been like 800 dollars to upgrade it through apple. I instead ordered 4 gigs off of crucial.com for 120 bucks. Hard drives i guess are also easy to upgrade yourself but I haven't done that.
NEVER upgrade your computer, mac or pc, with the original manufacturers memory or hard drives. It's silly expensive.
1. when people say no 'viruses' and that i installed norton for macs via the internet and to be hoenst it doesn't work. just get errors when i start that up so i gave up using that. is it just 'inbuilt' into macs that you don't need an antivirus software or and i just being a fool.
It's a combination of Mac flying under the radar of virus creators and some differences in how the Mac OS X is programmed. It's a little more difficult for programs/viruses to install themselves on Mac OS X without the administrator knowing about it. There is a free, open source virus checker for Mac OS X called ClamXav. It takes a long time to run, but if you're concerned about viruses, it's a solid option with a great price.

Macs can get viruses but it is very rare.If I were a virus writer I would go for the most bang for the buck and try to create the most havoc by targeting PC's.waiting for Jamies input (LOL, NO NOT THAT WAY YOU SICK BASTARDS!)

There are enough macs now to allow for a successful virus to propagate; the size of the user base is clearly not the only reason there are effectively zero mac viruses in the wild. The UNIX infrastructure that mac os X is built on was created from the start with security in mind, whereas windows is like a poorly built leaky roof with tons of patches and buckets to catch the water.