**offical Atlanta Hawks Thread****

Nice to see the ATL love. I sat through like 5 dismal seasons, taking unreal shit for it, so I've got some serious street cred. I will never find the energy to wake up before 6pm to actually go to one of their four games (edit: it now additionally occurs to me that only two of these are in ATL, and it would probably be fairly pricey, at this point, so it's a doubly lost cause) this playoff year, but you can bet I'll be too drunk to care before Boston is up more than 10, and I'll be yelling horrible obscenities at Garnett at such a volume that my stay in the majority of sports bars would be largely undesirable if not abbreviated. So...Applebees' it is.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the ATL love. I sat through like 5 dismal seasons, taking unreal shit for it, so I've got some serious street cred. I will never find the energy to wake up before 6pm to actually go to one of their four games (edit: it now additionally occurs to me that only two of these are in ATL, and it would probably be fairly pricey, at this point, so it's a doubly lost cause) this playoff year, but you can bet I'll be too drunk to care before Boston is up more than 10, and I'll be yelling horrible obscenities at Garnett at such a volume that my stay in the majority of sports bars would be largely undesirable if not abbreviated. So...Applebees' it is.
Yeah I cant wait for tonight...we dont have a chance but, its good to be in. I act have cheap tixs for game 3. Game is 830 sat night Ill sell them to you for 15 dollars a piece..since your fcp. They are up top but at center court. PM me if you want them.
Yeah I cant wait for tonight...we dont have a chance but, its good to be in. I act have cheap tixs for game 3. Game is 830 sat night Ill sell them to you for 15 dollars a piece..since your fcp. They are up top but at center court. PM me if you want them.
That's outrageously kind of you, but my schedule allows it not.
he has hops
Yes he does. My only problem is if he hits on jumper he tries to shoot all game and he really can't shoot. But, last night he did. Can't wait for game 4. Hey at least they didn't get swept

WOW 20-3 run by the Hawks to end the first quarter.......this team is actually fun to watch, something we havent had in Atlanta as far as the NBA goes for a long, long time

wow the hawks aren't looking very afraid right now - they have all the energywe could have a stabbing by the end of this one
ZAZA! aka CT from the Real World getting in KG's face making him look like Davis!!!Never thought I'd see that

WOAHHHH..we got ourselves a game boyz. The hawks are not backing down. ZSA ZSA ZSA!!!!I know this cant last but Im gonna stay excited while i can!!!!! Its been 10 yrs

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! ARe u kidding me. Obv they will prob lose series but 2-2.Joe Johnson could not be stopped. The Celtics are in for a fight. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theyre totally running on emotion so i doubt they can win in boston but it sure makes boston look beatable
yeah when they got down by 11 in the 3rd I said well the emotion is over but it was fun why it lasted. But they just kept on going. They cant win in Boston but they are the youngest team in NBA and can build on this.however Woodson is a horrible coach and this will prob save his job even though he has no idea when and when not to call timeouts. He is just not very good. But on to game 5 and they def will be playing 6

Wow I should have found this section earlier, GO HAWKS!!! What a rally late in the game, this team can do it baby! I don't know how but after what's happened so far I believe they can take down this series and shock the world! Joe Johnson stepped it up so much in the 4th and Josh Smith is just playing out of his mind.

This is what I said to my friend from Boston before the season:"You may have all the talent in the world, but you still have Doc Rivers as your coach."LOL at his coaching last night.

Shawn from Cape Cod: Bill, are you as surprised/disturbed as I am by the players Doc has chosen to have on the floor at key points in games 3 and 4? Sam Cassell is a terrible fit for this series - he can't score or defend against the bigger, faster and more athletic Hawks. Ray Allen clearly can't defend Joe Johnson, and Eddie House was in the game when we had a 10 pt lead and needed a player (Rondo) to play lock down D and take the ball to the basket. I was calling for some Tony Allen on Joe Johnson about halfway through game 3. Clearly, the team as a whole is to blame here, but I can't help but worry about what I'm seeing from Doc, a guy who I felt has been solid all season. Bill Simmons: (12:04 PM ET ) I'll say this: It took 72 hours to undo 84 games - they don't have a rotation anymore, every bench guy has lost his confidence except Posey, and everyone is looking for their own shot. What scares me is that they played hard in both games. By the way, I'm typing this chat with 2 broken hands - after Doc left Ray Allen on Joe Johnson for the entire fourth quarter, I sparred for 10 rounds with the wall next to my sofa. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Brian (New York): Glad to see Doc panicking and blaming his players again---that's always fun for everyone. Bill Simmons: (12:05 PM ET ) Yeah, that's always a pleasure. My favorite part was last night when Mike Fratello told us that Leon Powe didn't play in the second half of Game 3 because he missed five defensive rotations. Gee, where would he get that info? And why is our head coach telling a TV announcer this? Doc has been manipulating the media for four years and that's why he gets a free pass for stinkbombs like last night. End of story. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bill, Raleigh, NC: Can you explain Doc's decision to continue to let Ray Allen get abused time and time again by Joe Johnson? Is there a rule against double teaming on the catch? When is the NBA commericial airing that says, "Where Incompetency Happens" and flash pics of Doc, Avery Johnson, and Isiah? Bill Simmons: (12:07 PM ET ) I can't. I can't even hope to explain it. I could take the next 10 hours and not be able to explain it. Other than Sam Cassell, Ray Allen is the worst perimeter defender on the roster. Bill Simmons: (12:08 PM ET ) Why we didn't go small and put Posey on Johnson, Allen on Childress, Rondo on Bibby, KG on Horford and Pierce on Josh Smith is just baffling. It's perplexing. It's a move that was as simple as "The yellow light on my car is on, I need to get gas."