I have to agree that this forum has become more like high school (may be due to the nature of the board being and average age of 18 - I'm basing this on a previous thread about poster ages).FCP is good for some good suggestions (from a few people), but mostly for humor and all around gossip.There are other forums (i.e. 2+2) that are usually always full of practical information and not much gossip. For humor and gossip I come here, I don't think I've ever asked a strategy question on this site unless its been to provoke a silly response. I mean how much can my game improve when getting advice from someone whose been alive as long as I've been playing.Strategy and pratcial information, I head to 2+2It comes down to, if you don't like FCP and its content, move on to another site.
I can garuntee you that I ahve played more poker then a lot of people on this site and am about to turn 25 in just three weeks. I was playing before the TV boom and started getting into holdem after the 98 WSOP(I've been playing stud for half of my life). Don't be a smartass. I post both here and at 2+2, there's a strategy forum learn to check it out and post in it before you try to rag on how long people have been playing or how good they are
whats the point, kdawg? you're just going to get these jerks coming to strategy and saying "two weeks ago the strategy section was great, but now it sucks." hows your race coming? ive only got 1000 hands in at 3-6 so far... you having trouble finding good tables?

no, I'm having trouble finding a winning session. :-) . I've been in the throws of a decent sized downswing, so my concentration hasn't been on putting up a race report but getting myself back on track. I'm gonna puyt up a two or three parter tommorrow, or at least plan on it.

no, I'm having trouble finding a winning session. :-) . I've been in the throws of a decent sized downswing, so my concentration hasn't been on putting up a race report but getting myself back on track. I'm gonna puyt up a two or three parter tommorrow, or at least plan on it.
cool, i look forward to it. im getting pretty nervous, my biggest downswing has been like 27bb, and i just know i cant keep running like this forever, hence the 1k hands. im almost scared of winning :club: i even tried staying at 2-4 a little longer, but no luck. I guess i shouldnt complain.

oh, to those wqho think the general section here ias bad and that everything on 2+2 is better, go to the OOT section there, they make this gen section look like a kiddie pool. This is coming from a 2+2 regular, and I love the OOT section. I just find it funny as I don't think some of the people who glorify it don't know the dark fuyn side. There are some flamers over there that put most of the jokers to shame. Post some of the dumb shit like this post and see what you get over there :twisted: . I know I'd want to see it

This is the funniest post I have read so far. I have only been on for a little while but I find the content both good and amusing. The one question I had was answered well and actually made me think about what I did wrong in a tournament. As for the rest it's all good as long as you take it in stride man 8)

I didn't know orally servicing a farm animal took on such a negative connotation.... :cry:  Hey FRYER!!FRYER!!Get ur ass back in the barn!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
How did I get in on this??
Well said both of you...the silent majority do support you/your message
the 'silent majority' have no part in this conversation. They dont post. The comments were directed at posters.
btw, i may live in mankato but it's for college which i pay for on my own, and i'm pretty proud of that, considering every 16-23 yr old now thinks he is a professional poker player and doesnt need school or a real job. it's like when you are 10 and want to play professional baseball or basketball when you get older but slowly realize it aint happening....but now its high school and college kids and poker yet no one seems to be realizing anything. wonderful  ps- you spend waaaaay too much time on here, might want to mix in a life every now and then. world doesnt revolve around 'a flop'Some of us want to follow our dreams, and make a living at poker, which is why we post..... i'm not there yet, but i've paid this semesters rent, and all my bills on poker earnings.If you have a problem here, leave, dont put up posts to grab attention, what do you expect to accomplish by this type of thread?"wow, he's right, we've been jerks to each other, we should really be nicer so *insert random idiots name here* will feel loved.  Lets all go camping together and sing songs in the woods"Happy?
just so ya know, i didnt create the original thread, i made a post agreeing with it, i'm pretty sure thats ok to do every now and then. i didnt do it to grab attention, binbs happend to make some good points and i followed up on themanyways, follow your dreams, i'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have no chance. but the fact of the matter is, most pros did something before they turned pro. daniel is an extreme exception. he even wrote an old card player about how 1 in so many thousands of people will even be able to do what he did. it's a fact, not something i just made upand i never said we should all sit around a campfire singing songs, there are some funny posts here that are not put-downs and those are ok...i just think for the most part, its like a high school clique, always attacking things that are different or people that are newerwrto said it best, FCP is what it is