The Steven Stamkos Sweepstakes

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how he scored on the shootout doing a spin-o-rama last night (after the team bitched at Omark)..
Its not the same thing IMO..The Omark spinorama was a hot dog move..The Stammer spinorama was a part of the shooting process, fooling the goalie etc...IMO FWIW FTW
Love how he scored on the shootout doing a spin-o-rama last night (after the team bitched at Omark)..
Omark's spin was at the blueline...hardly the same thing.
Its not the same thing IMO..The Omark spinorama was a hot dog move..The Stammer Stamkos spinorama was a part of the shooting process, fooling the goalie etc...IMO FWIW FTW
True.. but one of the complaints about Omark was forward progress of the puck blah blah -- only thing Omark did was show up the center ice dot while Stamkos's move was integral to the goal.BTW I have no problems with either play, I just thought it was funny how TB was on both sides of the issue.
True.. but one of the complaints about Omark was forward progress of the puck blah blah -- only thing Omark did was show up the center ice dot while Stamkos's move was integral to the goal.BTW I have no problems with either play, I just thought it was funny how TB was on both sides of the issue.
For the record, I don't think Stamkos' goal is within the rules as they are written. He stopped.
For the record, I don't think Stamkos' goal is within the rules as they are written. He stopped.
The move was invented by Jason Blake and perfected by Mikhail Grabovski..Obviously Stamkos is watching Leafs games.
The move was invented by Jason Blake and perfected by Mikhail Grabovski..Obviously Stamkos is watching Leafs games.
It's sad that you probably believe this.
It's sad that you probably believe this.
it might be sad if i believed it..I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky..

Hey idiot boy...WAKE THE **** UP..We gave you a great opportunity to make up the gap between you and PSP boy, what do you do??You get one assists in 5 ****ing games..WAKE UP...You are the great white hope to take down the man..COME ON DUDE, if you dont want this for you, do it for all the Cindy haters...COME ON

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/M.../Lightning.aspxThe Lightning are changing their logo and revamping their uniforms.As a traditionalist I dont like when teams change logos, especially when they make huge changes.The Leafs are one of a few teams that have kept with tradition and havent made major changes to their logo and jersey.

The arena renovation news is pretty sweet news for that club. Looks like Vinik is going to seriously spend, and the rink is pretty nice already. The Lightning will be back to selling out regularly in no time with this guy at the helm of the business, and Yzerman at the helm of the hockey.

The arena renovation news is pretty sweet news for that club. Looks like Vinik is going to seriously spend, and the rink is pretty nice already. The Lightning will be back to selling out regularly in no time with this guy at the helm of the business, and Yzerman at the helm of the hockey.
My bet is that they wont.
Are you aware of their attendance during the seasons leading up to their Cup win?
I am aware of more than you are aware of..Because I was sober during that stretch.
I am aware of more than you are aware of..Because I was sober during that stretch.
I'm seriously asking whether or not you actually know that they were top 5 in the NHL in attendance BEFORE they won their Cup, for a stretch of several seasons, or if you were stereotyping them as just another "southern team" that you hate so much.
I'm seriously asking whether or not you actually know that they were top 5 in the NHL in attendance BEFORE they won their Cup, for a stretch of several seasons, or if you were stereotyping them as just another "southern team" that you hate so much.
I dont like your assumptions that I know nothing about hockey..OF COURSE I know that...Tampa Bay should not have a hockey team. <<<<<<<
I dont like your assumptions that I know nothing about hockey..OF COURSE I know that...Tampa Bay should not have a hockey team. <<<<<<<
There were no assumptions, that's why I asked. I would bet a lot of people who know a lot about hockey were unaware that Tampa was one of the best draws for several years.With respect to your last comment, I'll respectfully disagree and leave it at that.
There were no assumptions, that's why I asked. I would bet a lot of people who know a lot about hockey were unaware that Tampa was one of the best draws for several years.With respect to your last comment, I'll respectfully disagree and leave it at that.
Here is the problem..Currently the Lightning are one of the top teams in hockey with the current best player in hockey(can officially say this now)..Still they are 21th in the NHL in attendance based on capacity..They are 84.2 % currently..While this isnt as pathetic as the dead last Coyotes and Islanders its still bad...If you cant draw better than that with a great team, in bad years you will get killed...The key to a succesful fan base is attendace figures when the team is struggling..I dont say this because I am talking about the Leafs..The Oilers are running at 100% capacity even though they are one of the worst teams in hockey.http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct
The key to a succesful fan base is attendace figures when the team is struggling..I dont say this because I am talking about the Leafs..The Oilers are running at 100% capacity even though they are one of the worst teams in hockey.
what is a successful fan base? I would argue the Oilers are running 100% because a) there is no competition in that city, everything is Oilersb) they have a lot of young stars to be, Id pay to watch them play as well. That, and the team hasnt gone thru a long drought without success like PHX,NYI.As opposed to say, the NY Islanders, who have been bad for 15years and are only finally now getting some young talent.