two plus two wins

As hard as the Pack is going to suck it this year, and maybe for a couple of years, Aaron Rodgers will go down as the steal of the decade :club:
Sorry Vade, I'm calling SHENIGANS on this one, given the dubious run of Tedford coaches so far. Also I think Favre is a classy enough guy that he will the Packers some notice before he retires, allowing them to draft accordingly. I just think that the Pack saw Rodgers, thought back to how he was arguably the #1 pick blah, blah, blah. I think the pick should've been well spent on the other side of the ball.That'll be $70 for my "expert" draft analysis. :wink:
I must disagree.I wanted the 9ers to draft him 1st, but Aaron landed in the perfect place for him to develop for a year or two behind Farve. This is a perfect fit, and as Vade said, that pick will be looked back on as the steal of the 2005 draft. Never underestimate a guy with a big chip on his shoulder.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As hard as the Pack is going to suck it this year, and maybe for a couple of years, Aaron Rodgers will go down as the steal of the decade :club:
Sorry Vade, I'm calling SHENIGANS on this one, given the dubious run of Tedford coaches so far. Also I think Favre is a classy enough guy that he will the Packers some notice before he retires, allowing them to draft accordingly. I just think that the Pack saw Rodgers, thought back to how he was arguably the #1 pick blah, blah, blah. I think the pick should've been well spent on the other side of the ball.That'll be $70 for my "expert" draft analysis. :wink:
I must disagree.I wanted the 9ers to draft him 1st, but Aaron landed in the perfect place for him to develop for a year or two behind Farve. This is a perfect fit, and as Vade said, that pick will be looked back on as the steal of the 2005 draft. Never underestimate a guy with a big chip on his shoulder.
Never give to much credit to a tedford QB.... kyle boller???? sucks Akili smith?? HORRIBLE.. TRent dilfer << average at best.. Best one of the group is still Carr and there are alot of questions still surrounding him...... Aarron rodgers is more likely to be a bust then a great NFL qb. But nothing is impossible

Ok state didnt finish top 25. Um, yes they did. They finished 24. Please check your facts.big 12 confrense that normaly only puts 1 school in the top 25 they are normaly lucky to get 2?Again, final BCS rankings:2004Big 12 - 5 schoolsOU, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and OSU2003Big 12 - 5 schoolsOU, Texas, Kansas State, Nebraska, and OSU2002Big 12 - 4 schoolsOU, Kansas State, Texas, ColoradoSeeing a pattern here? I've typed OU several times...So one good year and the Big 12 acutaly becomes better then the SEC i think notShould we go back further?None of this deminishes the fact USC made Oklahoma look like a bunch of girls on National TV.. I've already conceded this point.

Ok state didnt finish top 25. Um, yes they did. They finished 24. Please check your facts.big 12 confrense that normaly only puts 1 school in the top 25 they are normaly lucky to get 2?Again, final BCS rankings:2004Big 12 - 5 schoolsOU, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and OSU2003Big 12 - 5 schoolsOU, Texas, Kansas State, Nebraska, and OSU2002Big 12 - 4 schoolsOU, Kansas State, Texas, ColoradoSeeing a pattern here? I've typed OU several times...So one good year and the Big 12 acutaly becomes better then the SEC i think notShould we go back further?None of this deminishes the fact USC made Oklahoma look like a bunch of girls on National TV.. I've already conceded this point.
Well if your going to go drag up how many school finished in the top 25 why dont u grab the SEC schools 2? hell u could go top 15 and up and still get 3 for every single year? (well just about)
stfu about CarrTexans will make the playoffs
In my opinion, Boller is underrated, Carr is VERY underrated, hell even Dilfer is underratedI'll give ya Akili Smith, and I think Ryan Leaf might have been a Tedford product as well.Anywho the only knock I've seen on Rodgers that is legitamate is throwing mechanics, and that's easily fixable
Well if your going to go drag up how many school finished in the top 25 why dont u grab the SEC schools 2? hell u could go top 15 and up and still get 3 for every single year? (well just about)
I would think that if that is the side you would like to argue that you would do that. I'm not doing YOUR research for you. I already did mine. :wink: And, I think I've been successful in proving the original point that the BigXII is not a pushover.

People, I'm telling y'all, Kyle Orton will be the steal of this draft and my beloved bears got him. Yea baby. I like Rex Grossman, but Kyle Orton was first round quaity in the 4th round. Its only because of huim having an injury his seniour year that he was available then. The bears finally had a good draft, woohoo

People, I'm telling y'all, Kyle Orton will be the steal of this draft and my beloved bears got him. Yea baby. I like Rex Grossman, but Kyle Orton was first round quaity in the 4th round. Its only because of huim having an injury his seniour year that he was available then. The bears finally had a good draft, woohoo
Kyle Orton had hip injuries, in both his hips, for those of you that didn't know that. The beginning of the year, he was head and shoulders above everyone in the Heisman race. I'm not saying he def would have won it, but it would have been interesting, had he not got injured. He had the same knocks that a certain AFC Pro Bowl QB in SD got. That he has a slow motion, and is a product of a throwing system. I'm interested to see how he turns out, and I agree that he was a steal in the 4th round.Too bad he went to the Bears!! :club::D

A Heisman winner and 2 time finalist (White), the most statistically succesful college QB ever (Chang), and the most statistically succesful college WR ever (Stubblefield) all go undrafted while Matt Cassell, USC career backup, and god knows what small time WR's get drafted. that's funny to me.Oh yea, and Adrian Peterson won't be as succesful this year, as his line of 4 seniors(i think) last year did a lot of the work while he was praised as the greatest freshman ever and such.Oh yea, and Baylor would beat Kentucky(my hometown team, DEF worse than Vandy) but the middle slots are what makes the SEC better.AND David Pollack is not going to be a succesful player in Cincy, as he was often dominated by bigger linemen, who he'll most definitely face in the NFL and he's not the most physically talented guy. A motor can only take you so far.ALSO, who does everybody like for Offensive and Defensive rookies of the year?I think Ced Benson will take down the OROY as he will get a ton of carries.I think Derrick Johnson will get DROY for the Chiefs as there are a lot of tackles to be made by even a decent player, with their surrounding LB corps. and Renae, i know these players are from the Big 12, but that does not make that conference better.

Renae, i know these players are from the Big 12, but that does not make that conference better.
Yes, it does. :naughty: Actually, I never said the Big 12 was better, just that the Big 12 wasn't "soft".
Agree entirely sir. I was never highly impressed with Cadillac and Ronnie Brown is an absolute stud. I also loved watching Campbell play (I am a huge football fan). He's definately a great quarterback. But why lose picks to trade up to get him when you already have Patrick Ramsey in place? Quarterback of the future! 'Ello? Vinny Cerrato is a tool.I can expect good things out of Carlos Rogers though? I don't know a thing about him.
Ya, not sure what the Redskins need with another young QB, but I don't know a lot about the NFL. However, Cambell has only begun to tap his full potential. He has excellent speed and is a great runner in addition to having a cannon for an arm, excellent touch and a great head for the game.Carlos consistantly made plays last year where I would say "wow, that guy is really good". Even though no team we played ever threw more than 3 or 4 passes to his side of the field. I have been watching Auburn football for 25 years. In that time we have produced several players from our defensive secondary that have gone on to start in the NFL. Carlos is, without a doubt, the best defensive back that I have seen at Auburn. I'm a little concerned about his flat out speed, but he has great quickness, excellent cover skills, he tackles like a linebacker and has an excellent nose for the ball. I think he will be an excellent NFL cornerback or safety.

Oh for crying out loud. You guys are adults (or at least most of you); act like it. This is the reason why forums get shut down, for screwy little ego matches like this. And if this is all these two boards are gonna turn into, don't think that someone is NOT gonna shut them down, because they are.And since when did we become little soldiers for these boards? Did I hear Daniel send a call to arms out against 2+2? Did I hear Sklansky? NO. But still, idiots decide, "Hey, this should be cool. I'm gonna go act like an anonymous pansy and talk smack about everyone else that I run into." If that's all you've got to do, then get a life. Shouldn't you be honing your poker game? For crying out loud, only a sad excuse for a player would be running to talk smack about some message board he has no affiliation with instead of playing.So, yeah, I may get blackballed for this post. But you know what? I could give a crap, if this is what the board is resorting to. Get over yourself, and start acting your age. Both FCP'ers and 2+2'ers.

I think Ced Benson will take down the OROY as he will get a ton of carries.I think Derrick Johnson will get DROY for the Chiefs as there are a lot of tackles to be made by even a decent player, with their surrounding LB corps. and Renae, i know these players are from the Big 12, but that does not make that conference better.
I was soo happy to see ced benson join the beloved. When he cried II knew we had a player. He was happy to be a bear and that's the kind of player we want. Needless to say I look forward to him adding himself to the proud tradition of running backs for the bears

Look out for the Bengals and Buckeyes this year. If Carson Palmer can stop throwing INT's that get returned for TD's, the Bengals could easily make a push for the AFC North. Their Defense should be much stronger this year as well.If Ohio State can get by Texas and avoid any media controversy, they can make a run at USC for the title. Troy Smith is for real, and watch out for Antonio Pittman. Ted Ginn also needs no other mention.

Look out for the Bengals and Buckeyes this year. If Carson Palmer can stop throwing INT's that get returned for TD's, the Bengals could easily make a push for the AFC North. Their Defense should be much stronger this year as well.If Ohio State can get by Texas and avoid any media controversy, they can make a run at USC for the title. Troy Smith is for real, and watch out for Antonio Pittman. Ted Ginn also needs no other mention.
Bungles.And Buck the Fukeyes. :club::D
From the moment I first watched Carson Palmer at USC.......Well, I wasn't impressed. I dont know that he is someone that is ever going to get over that hump. As a Michigan fan, I of course must loathe Ohio State. That being said, however: Ted Ginn Jr. scares the bejesus out of me. That kid is absolutely sick! What a playmaker........Might I also say: most sucessful job of ganking a thread ever! huzzah.......
Oh for crying out loud......
In case you didn't know, this was 4 posts about that and hijacked to talk about football....
Forgive my eagerness :oops: now...continue with the big 12
all this OU, Auburn arguing is pointless anyways......you basically trying to argue who was #2 in the nation last year......USC was the best team by far and it didn't matter who they played in the title game they were going to win it all
As much as I hate it, I have to agree you are right.But when a #1 is so dominant you have to move on to the fight for #2. Just like men's tennis, right now. Nobody is ever going to beat Federer so let's talk about who can be #2. You argue about what you can. :wink:
oh this deserves another post :-) .What a great year for USC. I don't care if we were hte 33rd hardest bracket. We killed our competition is pretty much every single game.We would have loved to play Auburn, but i'm not sure if the outcome would have been much different :-)