Official 2008 Patriots Team Thread

and now our bet is interesting and I feel like I have the advantage. Now, they have to go on the road and beat Miami to have a realistic shot. Cant wait for that game. Gotta take care of the Raiders first though.
That coinflip that the Jets won to start overtime might have been a flip to determine the winner of this bet. They need to go 4-2 in thier last 6 games. The next 2 are at Miami and home against Pittsburgh...I think they'll probably split those two. Then they have Seattle, Oakland, Arizona and Buffalo. I can see them going 3-1 there. It's pretty much a toss up...they might be slight underdogs. If I knew they would also lose Rodney Harrison, Adalius Thomas, Lawrence Maroney, Lamont Jordan, Sammy Morris, Ty Warren, Shawn Crable, Terrence Wheatley, Stephen Neal and a ton of other roll players I wouldn't have taken the bet. I'm really proud of what this team has done despite all of the adversity. They're just a couple small breaks away from being 8-2 right now.
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.... I gotta agree with FG here, I mean it is pretty incredible that the Pats are playing as well as they have despite having all of these injuries.Also cassel is finding his form, I predict a blow out coming up against a bunch of fish.

Wow, big win today. That was pretty impressive.I think the Patriots can find 3 wins in their last 5 games.
Cassel looks like a different guy. It helps when you have Moss, Welker, and the eternally underrated Faulk. our secondary just could not handle them.Pats should get to 10 wins....though the dolphins could still have the tiebreaker on them if they can get to 10 as well. good game.
Cassel looks like a different guy.
I was really, really impressed with him today. Besides the nice throws, he seemed to have control of the game and made some nice quick decisions. For the first time since Brady went down I think that Pats would have a chance to go all the way if they make the playoffs.
Cassel looks like a different guy. It helps when you have Moss, Welker, and the eternally underrated Faulk. our secondary just could not handle them.Pats should get to 10 wins....though the dolphins could still have the tiebreaker on them if they can get to 10 as well. good game.
Do you want to buy out of the bet right now for $70?
I was really, really impressed with him today. Besides the nice throws, he seemed to have control of the game and made some nice quick decisions. For the first time since Brady went down I think that Pats would have a chance to go all the way if they make the playoffs.
Go Chargers in this game tonight vs Indy. It'll mean a lot for the Patriots to be a game ahead of the Colts.
Do you want to buy out of the bet right now for $70?Go Chargers in this game tonight vs Indy. It'll mean a lot for the Patriots to be a game ahead of the Colts.
I will let you know by Thursday if I want to buy it. Stupid easy Patriots schedule.

God what a shitty game.Playoff chances are almost none. They could win their last 4 and still miss the playoffs at 11-5 because of tiebreakers. The only thing that could save them is if the Jets implode (like they did today). They still have a fairly ok shot to go 10-6. Seattle and Oakland should be wins. They just need win one of their last two vs Arizona and Buffalo.

God what a shitty game.Playoff chances are almost none. They could win their last 4 and still miss the playoffs at 11-5 because of tiebreakers. The only thing that could save them is if the Jets implode (like they did today). They still have a fairly ok shot to go 10-6. Seattle and Oakland should be wins. They just need win one of their last two vs Arizona and Buffalo.
AFC East got interesting again today as did our bet. Probably need Seattle or Oakland to do something heroic. but yeah, playoffs are no guarantee for the Pats now.

The Ravens continued success has put the Patriots in a bind.The only way they make the playoffs now is to win the AFC East....and all the relevant tiebreakers are against them.If the Jets win their next 2 and the Dolphins win their next 2 (not that big a stretch considering their schedules), the Patriots are eliminated from the playoffs. So they need to keep winning and pray hard for the Fins to choke against SF or KC or for the Jets to keep sucking and lose to the Losman bills or Seattle.I think your best bet is to root for Seattle against the Jets. But the Dolphins are due for a stinker too. I think it is lucky for them that they get SF at home.

The Ravens continued success has put the Patriots in a bind.The only way they make the playoffs now is to win the AFC East....and all the relevant tiebreakers are against them.If the Jets win their next 2 and the Dolphins win their next 2 (not that big a stretch considering their schedules), the Patriots are eliminated from the playoffs. So they need to keep winning and pray hard for the Fins to choke against SF or KC or for the Jets to keep sucking and lose to the Losman bills or Seattle.I think your best bet is to root for Seattle against the Jets. But the Dolphins are due for a stinker too. I think it is lucky for them that they get SF at home.
So the Pats need just one of those two teams to lose against their opponents in order to win their division? With the Pats winning out?Or do both teams need to lose at least one and the Pats win out to win the division?
So the Pats need just one of those two teams to lose against their opponents in order to win their division? With the Pats winning out?Or do both teams need to lose at least one and the Pats win out to win the division?
Pats need both teams to lose once and win out. Best scenario for them is probably:Pats win out.Dolphins win next two (SF and at KC). Jets win only 1 of next 2 games. (Buffalo and at Seattle). Then, Jets win week 17 against Miami.That would put Pats at 11-5 and other two at 10-6. That, to me, is the only truly probable scenario under which NE makes the playoffs. (Or vice versa obviously....dolphins go 1-1 over the next two games and then beat the Jets in the finale. But I doubt Miami is going to blow a chippie and then beat the Jets in NY.)If the Pats go 11-5 and miss out on the playoffs, their fans should rightfully be pissed. 11 wins should always be enough. But it is possible it happens since they lose on tiebreakers to Miami, NYJ and Baltimore (conference record is what is killing them).
Baltimore plays Dallas and Pittsburgh in the next 2 weeks. It's possible that they'll lose both, and if they do then it's wide open again.
Agree....except the way they are playing I think they split. But it is certainly possibly. I never thought they would house Philly and the Skins back to back. Really annoying.
Cane if you'd like I'll let you off for $70 again. danny2271 (perris) on Stars
ok deal. It is easier for me to send on Full Tilt. PM me and let me know if that is acceptable.Congrats. The AFC West and NFC West are so bad that the Pats might win 11. Amazing.

Arizona are an absolute disgrace. I can't believe that the Patriots could be 11-5 and miss the play offs and this joke of a football team will be getting a home game in January!!! What is the record victory in the NFL, this could go to 60 or 70?

****ing Kansas City looked like they might beat Miami for a minute but they just wanted to twist the knife a little. I don't know why I bother to care about things. It only leads to heartache.
who is still giddy at winning a shootout in the frozen tundra of Arrowhead? This guy.Way to show up Arizona. Start rooting super hard for the Seahawks, Flush.