Help Me Decide On My Wsop Tournaments

Which WSOP events to play  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How to spend $5k in buyins

• No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed (Event 46) - $5k buyin
    • Events 47 (1.5k Stud 8), 48 ($2k NLHE), 51 ($1.5k HORSE)
    • Go the weekend the main event starts and play side games / satellites to the ME.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't read posts so here is my first impression:We met at the side games a couple of years ago. I know you probably do well in them, but I think you should maximize your chances of a bracelet. Option #2 hands down, despite the bad structure. Option #1 is good but you have to consider that the field will probably be tougher. Your play might also be effected as this would be your only "shot" this year. Also, you will probably enjoy the trip more if you have several tourney's lined up.P.S. Any plans for lake Powel this year?
Hey armen! I'll be wearing that same FCP hat, it's come to be my lucky hat a la jared hamby. We're going to lake powell the 3rd week in july, so unfortunately it wouldn't work to make this a nice 1.5 week vacation and do both at once. Oh well, guess i just have to take two vacations this summer :club: Are you going out for the series at all?
  • 3 months later...
Being that I have a rumored .1%, what did you decide on????
Wow. Good call. Hope you do well in whatever you enter. I am dreaming of what I will do with the .1% of your first prize money obv.

I don't want a piece. But number 2 is the way to go. I have found that the key to doing well at the WSOP for myself and others is to NOT put all of your eggs in one basket. Play as many events as you can. GL.

I don't want a piece. But number 2 is the way to go. I have found that the key to doing well at the WSOP for myself and others is to NOT put all of your eggs in one basket. Play as many events as you can. GL.
a little late to vote are we?? :club:

Go with option 2. The 2k NL should have a huge field with the Main event right around the corner. Plus, if you bust you still have other tourneys to play.

lol, i opened up the page and saw this bumped and was very confused as it's 2 months old or so.I picked #2 and will be in vegas in 16 days for it.
lol, i opened up the page and saw this bumped and was very confused as it's 2 months old or so.I picked #2 and will be in vegas in 16 days for it.
GL to you, good sir.
So you wanna sell me a little taste for one of the events? A very very little taste.
So you wanna sell me a little taste for one of the events? A very very little taste.
PM me. It's difficult to do in advance because the only one I can say for sure I'm playing is the stud 8. Either of the others I would have to not play when i get deep in the previous tournament.
  • 3 weeks later...

shameless bump from the airport omw to vegas. I'll be twittering updates for the next week to www.twitter.com/Naked_Cowboy. See you kids at the rio

Have no idea of your game strengths and weaknesses so I went with what I would do if I had the money to make this choice and that is option 2. For one thing, the ME is a big payoff but also huge field filled with every type of player imaginable. The chances of making it to the money much less the final table is a crap shoot at best. The first option is fine but if you don't cash than your WSOP experience is over. Whereas with option 2 you have 3 chances to cash in smaller, possibly weaker fields and if you do then you can go on to play bigger and better or just play the side games then. Seems to me option 2 gives you your best chance to not only cash but to also go on and possibly get option 3 as well.

My thoughts event 46 hoping you get into some money and if you bust early then event 48 which gives you experience for Horse and with some luck there if you get some money. then cash games or Satelities for the main event. either way GL to your choice and to whichever event you play in, most of have fun