Help Me Decide On My Wsop Tournaments

Which WSOP events to play  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How to spend $5k in buyins

• No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed (Event 46) - $5k buyin
    • Events 47 (1.5k Stud 8), 48 ($2k NLHE), 51 ($1.5k HORSE)
    • Go the weekend the main event starts and play side games / satellites to the ME.

serious answer:I'd do option 3 but that's me. The SNG's last year were absurd and you could build a decent roll just playing 5 or 6 of these at different buy-in levels per day. Basically you would have very little risk and be able to parlay the T chips into buy-ins and pick what tourney's to play. That being said, do option 1 and sell me 1% of your action.
you seem very stuck on this. are you going out for the series at all?
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Events 47 (1.5k Stud 8), 48 ($2k NLHE), 51 ($1.5k HORSE)Smaller events, chances are not as many pros will be in those tourneys. If you are an overall good poker player, you should expect to do very well.
Doubtful. Pros will be likely to play mixed events due to the fact that they will have an experience edge.Also, any pro who busts out of the HE event for that day (considering the schedules are staggered to make this possible now) will enter the non-HE event later that day.

option 2 if you are going down to play for funoption 3 if you are going down to make some money.Im a cash game player mostly but option 2 sounds like too much fun to pass up.

I'm sure more than 20 people have already weighed in, but I don't really care about the piece, I just wanted to weigh in. I picked option 2 because I'm pretty sure it's what I would do if I could afford to take this trip. You get to play in a couple of different tournaments, and play multiple games. Stud8 is one of my favorite games, so I'd love to play in that one.I like option 3 too though. I think that when I finally do make it out to the WSOP sometime, I'll probably end up playing mostly cash games. That's where I think the most money is.

aaaand that's 20. I'm going with option 2, flying in thursday morning and leaving tuesday night after i pull a madsen (sans getting VD from a washed up real world star and blowing all my winnings on cocaine)like last year, i'll post up a big big trip report as i'm there / when i get back so the 20 listed on the first page can see how many brazillions they won.

aaaand that's 20. I'm going with option 2, flying in thursday morning and leaving tuesday night after i pull a madsen (sans getting VD from a washed up real world star and blowing all my winnings on cocaine)
why miss out on the full Vegas experience? you sell yourself short, sir.

Side games + ME sat's....I've heard the side games are very juicy, so you could probably kick some tail there... then satty into the ME and TID OBV..?edit: GL in vegas.

lol bad beat page wasnt loading for me last night so now when u win meeeelions im left out LFT ! GLGL hav fun while ur at it
Me winning the s/8 and HORSE bracelets would only net you about $300 anyway.
I should also mention that I have a life goal to win a bracelet by the time I'm 45. I am 24.
Then I think that you have to go for option 2.........the 3 smaller events give you more shots at the jewelery :club: It's a matter of having the experiences of playing 3 major tournaments vs only one . For the $4500-$5000 investment, I'd rather have 3 chances to see how far I could go.Good luck whatever you decide to do.......we'll need a trip report !
2 and 3Wed 1k NLHE+rSat 1.5k NLHEMon 1.5 NLHEHit satelites when ya can...
If i play a NLHE, it will be a deeper stacked event. That's why the $5k was an option. I don't play the lottery.
Then I think that you have to go for option 2.........the 3 smaller events give you more shots at the jewelery :club: It's a matter of having the experiences of playing 3 major tournaments vs only one . For the $4500-$5000 investment, I'd rather have 3 chances to see how far I could go.Good luck whatever you decide to do.......we'll need a trip report !
This is how I felt as well. In the 2006 razz I felt I was one of the better players at the table, but the structure was such that levels 1 and 2 did not matter, and if you lost a hand or two in level 3 or 4 you were crippled. I got something like 20 bets in as a favorite over the course of two huge hands, lost them both and was really annoyed i didn't have the opportunity to take another shot somehow. Obv there will be trip reportaments. Here's my april report, i do not skimp http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=97385&hl=
you seem very stuck on this. are you going out for the series at all?
Turns out the owner of the company I work for has decided to take a month long vacation in June. It's like he doesn't know the freaking WSOP is going on in June or something. I won't be there this year unless I run crazy good and donk my way to a sunday major win.
aaaand that's 20. I'm going with option 2, flying in thursday morning and leaving tuesday night after i pull a madsen (sans getting VD from a washed up real world star and blowing all my winnings on cocaine)like last year, i'll post up a big big trip report as i'm there / when i get back so the 20 listed on the first page can see how many brazillions they won.
Well damn. Make sure you try some of the SNG's before you make your decision. I would expect the tourney's for option 2 to be freerolls.

didn't read posts so here is my first impression:We met at the side games a couple of years ago. I know you probably do well in them, but I think you should maximize your chances of a bracelet. Option #2 hands down, despite the bad structure. Option #1 is good but you have to consider that the field will probably be tougher. Your play might also be effected as this would be your only "shot" this year. Also, you will probably enjoy the trip more if you have several tourney's lined up.P.S. Any plans for lake Powel this year?