Help Me Decide On My Wsop Tournaments

Which WSOP events to play  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How to spend $5k in buyins

• No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed (Event 46) - $5k buyin
    • Events 47 (1.5k Stud 8), 48 ($2k NLHE), 51 ($1.5k HORSE)
    • Go the weekend the main event starts and play side games / satellites to the ME.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/...asp?groupID=411Post your response as well as reasoning that shows some semblence of thought. First 20 people to do so get .1% of me each in whichever option I end up choosing.All options include time in cash games anytime I'm not in tournaments, eating or sleeping. This is a purely poker trip. Option 3 just has that as a focus.Option 1 has a good structure (essentially same as main event), but is very much an "eggs in one basket" deal.Option 2 has smaller fields for the mixed events, but worse structures. There will be some solid mixed game players, but I heart mixed games too. Obviously if I make day 2 in event 47 I don't play event 48.Option 3 is pretty self explanatory.Replies including a "why" so far:pt_specialFARGOpokerND canateiandrcossackdna4ever (pm him)KugeGalloking1305Waffles2003gobearsHuskers20Ouch-8sSpeedKillsTrueAce13Ko8e34mhoward29checkymcfoldgatortom64CodyHartmanblakheart
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say go with option 2 or 3.....the side games are crazy during the series and it will probably be most profitable, option 2 isnt to bad but its 3 crap shotty tournys but if you are good a tourny stud you will likely have a big edge...and i dont want any piece of ubut i would go with 3

Idk how good your mixed game skills are but if you are thinking of those tourneys im assuming there pretty solid. generally those 1.5K events are gonna be pretty weak, I think the weakness of the field and the fact you get more bang for your buck so to speak, makes the mixed game option better.

Definitely option 2. Being able to experience 3 WSOP events is reward enough, but your EV of cashing is increased 3 fold. Even though the $ won may be larger on 1 or 3, your total trip EV is maximized by option 2. If you make day 2 of #47 you can take the monies that would be invested from #48 into either ME sats or a little higher cash game action then you originally planned.GL regardless.

Option 2.Mixed games usually get clueless people. Clueless people = +EV.Structures are crap, but if the fields are softer, go with them.
didn't you say you were going to be at the WSOP this year?

Events 47 (1.5k Stud 8), 48 ($2k NLHE), 51 ($1.5k HORSE)Smaller events, chances are not as many pros will be in those tourneys. If you are an overall good poker player, you should expect to do very well.

My main reasoning for going with option 2 is that if you cash in any of those event then you would more than likely do either option 1 or 3. I mean that is what I would rather do. Like someone said, if you feel you have an edge in the Stud events then you should be ok.

I'd need to know your strongest game(s)?Short handed NLHE?HORSE?FR NLHE?cash games?Whatever is your strongest game, go with. I'd imagine the three smaller events as you seem like a competent player, I'd imagine fairly well in the know for multiple games. This way you aren't putting all of your eggs in one basket with one tourney.

Definitely option 2. Being able to experience 3 WSOP events is reward enough, but your EV of cashing is increased 3 fold. Even though the $ won may be larger on 1 or 3, your total trip EV is maximized by option 2. If you make day 2 of #47 you can take the monies that would be invested from #48 into either ME sats or a little higher cash game action then you originally planned.GL regardless.
disagree there, if hes at all a good poker player it would be much more profitable to go and play cash a week before the series starts, you can easily make the 10k for the main event and play some sats, the sats are a complete joke structure wise, but they are really soft
Idk how good your mixed game skills are but if you are thinking of those tourneys im assuming there pretty solid. generally those 1.5K events are gonna be pretty weak, I think the weakness of the field and the fact you get more bang for your buck so to speak, makes the mixed game option better.
My protege 2 seat was one of the "most hands played" seats (which I also had to win tournaments to get to).I played the majority of those hands grinding LHE and LO8. I think I have a very solid understanding of Razz - I played the razz event in the 2006 WSOP and felt pretty comfortable. Stud 8 is my second favorite game behind O8. I think my stud hi game is probably the worst of the 5 but I'm working on it.I've played NLHE live up to 10-20, but mostly 2-5. I am a pretty significant winner in live NLHE cash.I also run like PA at 1 table satellites. In april I took down 2 of the 5 winner take all $300 satellites i played to the $3k supers for the bellagio main. I should also mention that I have a life goal to win a bracelet by the time I'm 45. I am 24.
disagree there, if hes at all a good poker player it would be much more profitable to go and play cash a week before the series starts, you can easily make the 10k for the main event and play some sats, the sats are a complete joke structure wise, but they are really soft
ermmmm, i think you said the exact same thing i did.he said he would be playing cash games the whole time so that was assumed.and disagree with me again and i will ban you forever! i dont care if you do have an entire thread of people saying how great you are! :club:
ermmmm, i think you said the exact same thing i did.he said he would be playing cash games the whole time so that was assumed.and disagree with me again and i will ban you forever! i dont care if you do have an entire thread of people saying how great you are! :club:
didnt see how long it said he would be there

Option 2 - Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Also, J9 can only rear it's ugly head in one of the three tourneys. Plus you do well in any of these tourneys, you can parlay that into a ME seat.

Option 2 - Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Also, J9 can only rear it's ugly head in one of the three tourneys. Plus you do well in any of these tourneys, you can parlay that into a ME seat.
Most well thought out response yet.
didnt see how long it said he would be there
5-6 days, longer if i sat into the main event which is only an option with choice 3. I'm not making 2 trips and even firsts in other events wouldn't be sufficient to give my current job the finger and stay for 3 weeks.