• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you folding that?
yea well, i just didnt think i had it... i know mistake and because of that... the very next hand with that same person he raises button i shoved with AQ spades and he calls with TT.... i am sent to the rail... I could had folded my way into at least cashing but i cant see myself laying AQ... Pkt. 7s is doable....
yea well, i just didnt think i had it... i know mistake and because of that... the very next hand with that same person he raises button i shoved with AQ spades and he calls with TT.... i am sent to the rail... I could had folded my way into at least cashing but i cant see myself laying AQ... Pkt. 7s is doable....
u acnt fold sevens there manggggg, just straight up cant do it

looooool ballin!Dudeoflife= a guy who never foldsbad bluffs giving 4-1 ftw!Full Tilt Poker Game #5155430074: FTOPS Event #1 (35825338), Table 299 - 12000/24000 Ante 3000 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:10:12 ET - 2008/02/07KSmith2K7 sits downKSmith2K7 adds 1,413,075S_Dot111 sits downS_Dot111 adds 187,986Seat 1: JaspudUF (975,605)Seat 2: cashmaker81 (646,138)Seat 3: tedsfishfry (363,449)Seat 5: wwheat (211,258)Seat 7: Dudeoflife (968,158)Seat 8: Silent Asazin (877,927)Seat 9: ROBIN538 (895,623)JaspudUF antes 3,000cashmaker81 antes 3,000tedsfishfry antes 3,000wwheat antes 3,000Dudeoflife antes 3,000Silent Asazin antes 3,000ROBIN538 antes 3,000Dudeoflife posts the small blind of 12,000Silent Asazin posts the big blind of 24,000The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***ROBIN538 has 15 seconds left to actROBIN538 is sitting outROBIN538 has timed outROBIN538 foldsJaspudUF foldscashmaker81 foldstedsfishfry foldswwheat has 15 seconds left to actwwheat foldsDudeoflife calls 12,000Silent Asazin has 15 seconds left to actSilent Asazin raises to 65,100Dudeoflife has 15 seconds left to actDudeoflife calls 41,100*** FLOP *** [6h Ac 9c]Dudeoflife checksSilent Asazin bets 120,000Dudeoflife calls 120,000*** TURN *** [6h Ac 9c] [Jd]Dudeoflife checksSilent Asazin has 15 seconds left to actSilent Asazin bets 265,000Dudeoflife has 15 seconds left to actDudeoflife calls 265,000*** RIVER *** [6h Ac 9c Jd] [2d]Dudeoflife checksSilent Asazin bets 312,000Dudeoflife has 15 seconds left to actDudeoflife has requested TIMEDudeoflife is sitting outDudeoflife has timed outDudeoflife foldsUncalled bet of 312,000 returned to Silent AsazinROBIN538 has been disconnectedDudeoflife has returnedSilent Asazin shows [5c Ts] Ace Jack highSilent Asazin wins the pot (921,200)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 921,200 | Rake 0Board: [6h Ac 9c Jd 2d]Seat 1: JaspudUF folded before the FlopSeat 2: cashmaker81 folded before the FlopSeat 3: tedsfishfry folded before the FlopSeat 5: wwheat (button) folded before the FlopSeat 7: Dudeoflife (small blind) folded on the RiverSeat 8: Silent Asazin (big blind) collected (921,200)Seat 9: ROBIN538 folded before the Flop

I'm not a prononent of re-raise folding much if ever but I'm also not a fan of getting 50bbs in with JJ after re-raising a UTG raiser and then have him re-shipping. If that's how the hand would have played out.Unless the guy was a proven donk, I find a better spot. If the stack to blind ratio was lower then you have to go with it after you re-raise, but early on sometimes you have to listen when someone is telling you they have you beat. BTW, I'm out. JJ<99. EP limper, I raise from the SB , he calls. All baby flop, We get the money in, 9 on turn...gg me.
Since when does a standard utg 3x scream "I HAVE QQ+"? Dude we are lightyears ahead of everyones range here and its a fantastic spot to get it in. U cannot just call here and play ur hand like 50934049 handed. We have what is most likely the best hand right now, with tons of other people in the pot. Raise it up, call utg+1s shove because u will be raising to like 600 and they have like 2k and ur committed versus like any range that includes AK. Our hand is also very underrepresented too because it looks like were squeezing so well be getting it in versus much lighter hadns too.
Since when does a standard utg 3x scream "I HAVE QQ+"? Dude we are lightyears ahead of everyones range here and its a fantastic spot to get it in. U cannot just call here and play ur hand like 50934049 handed. We have what is most likely the best hand right now, with tons of other people in the pot. Raise it up, call utg+1s shove because u will be raising to like 600 and they have like 2k and ur committed versus like any range that includes AK. Our hand is also very underrepresented too because it looks like were squeezing so well be getting it in versus much lighter hadns too.
Who said anything aboout a 3x raise screaming QQ? Sure, JJ is ahead of his initial range, but if you re-raise and he is willing to put his 50bb stack in the middle his range narrows dramatically. Are you ever getting 50bbs in the middle pre with 10s or less at this stage of a tourney? If you are, its spew. If we re-raise and he shoves we can't be feeling good about our hand. No competent player is doing that with hands we crush. I never mentioned flat calling pre, it would be horrible with 2 flatters already in and whose range we crush, but I probably would just call if it had been folded to me. Fantastic spot to get it in? Are you serious? Whose making a squeeze play this early for so little dead money? Way too much risk not nearly enough reward. As I said, re-raise folding is almost always a bad play, but in rare instances you get a pretty clear indication you have the 2nd best hand. This early in the tournament, you have enough bbs left to recover. To call a shove here I'd need a read that the guy was bad enough to get 50bbs in with medium pairs. Later in the tournament you just aren't getting away from Jacks and make the crying call.
Who said anything aboout a 3x raise screaming QQ? Sure, JJ is ahead of his initial range, but if you re-raise and he is willing to put his 50bb stack in the middle his range narrows dramatically. Are you ever getting 50bbs in the middle pre with 10s or less at this stage of a tourney? If you are, its spew. If we re-raise and he shoves we can't be feeling good about our hand. No competent player is doing that with hands we crush. I never mentioned flat calling pre, it would be horrible with 2 flatters already in and whose range we crush, but I probably would just call if it had been folded to me. Fantastic spot to get it in? Are you serious? Whose making a squeeze play this early for so little dead money? Way too much risk not nearly enough reward. As I said, re-raise folding is almost always a bad play, but in rare instances you get a pretty clear indication you have the 2nd best hand. This early in the tournament, you have enough bbs left to recover. To call a shove here I'd need a read that the guy was bad enough to get 50bbs in with medium pairs. Later in the tournament you just aren't getting away from Jacks and make the crying call.
Yes I am getting 50bbs all in with tens or less at this stage of a tourney. It all depends on the situation. BY all means if there were not two flatcallers in front of us I would rarely ever reraise here. If we reraise and he shoves, ya we are not feeling the best about our hand, but we are still ahead of his range imo and getting some nice overlay. We are 50.1% against 99+,AQ+. Factor in overlay and the fact that he comes in with worse hands too because it looks like we are squeezing than this is a ridiculously easy spot to get it in. You have to take every edge you can get. That is what makes good players good, they dont pass up small edges very often (not saying this is a small edge as I think its pretty big).So are you saying by your last paragraph that we want to turn JJ into a bluff and fold when we have great odds after we raise and he shoves? Reraise folding is not almost always a bad play. It is actually a great play a lot of the time. IT IS JUST HORRENDOUS WHEN YOU RERAISE-FOLD A HAND THAT HAS A TON OF VALUE. Jesus raise/folding here is such spew.IMO Reraise/Calling > Flatting > Reraise/FoldingI mean by all means this is the FTOPS and there are so many sattelite players who will be willing to shove sooo light. I would be more inclined to call against a solid known utg.What do other people think? Have I lost my mind?
out 180ish, shoved 77<88.sighhhh
I just got back on now from last night, that sucks man. I was pulling for you after I checked out. Hey at least we outlasted the pros, PearlJammed may have been left, not sure. Good luck in the next one. I don't really have the roll to try it unless I sattellite in (and I really dont have the roll for that lol). I was in this one on a $10 sat.