44 Person, Neg-o Mixed Game Tourney

I don't think this should be allowed. discuss?negoyq6.jpg

HostJeremyW [support]: Hello folks.Zach6668: lol did someone really call for a chop?Dealer: x_SuitedUp_x, it's your turn. You have 15 seconds to actDealer: *** First Draw ***HostJeremyW [support]: They did...Dealer: x_SuitedUp_x discards 2 cardsDealer: LuckysMyDog stands patZach6668: let's pretend i still have the 28k i had when they called :-DDealer: *** Second Draw ***Dealer: x_SuitedUp_x discards 1 cardDealer: LuckysMyDog stands patDealer: Game #15091969534: LuckysMyDog wins pot (8400)HostJeremyW [support]: No interest then I take it?LuckysMyDog: pat 7x_SuitedUp_x: i don't care either wayZach6668: don't care eitherx_SuitedUp_x: nhDealer: Game #15091983018: qzarian wins pot (2400)LuckysMyDog: 96 a pieceZach6668: i'll chop straight up, if y'all wantDealer: x_SuitedUp_x, it's your turn. You have 15 seconds to actx_SuitedUp_x: even zach? lolLuckysMyDog: i dont care either wayZach6668: lolol even meZach6668: i'll get my luck sack runDealer: Game #15091989709: Zach6668 wins pot (1200)LuckysMyDog: wee get 100 and zach gets rthe changex_SuitedUp_x: how bout 100, 100, 100, restx_SuitedUp_x: there u gotx_SuitedUp_x: goDealer: The break will start when the current hand finishesDealer: Game #15091997358: Zach6668 wins pot (2400)Administrator: .The tournament has been paused to allow the remaining players to discuss a deal.qzarian: yeah okZach6668: how bout i bust you feeeeeeeshx_SuitedUp_x: qz?Zach6668: what's the rest?Zach6668: lolx_SuitedUp_x: 84 i thinkZach6668: lolololol one secHostJeremyW [support]: Okay what was the deal then?fitzinabox [observer]: i called for the chopx_SuitedUp_x: that deal is fine with mefitzinabox [observer]: u guys were talkinmg about it, i thought u were seriousLuckysMyDog: me tooqzarian: I can live with that yeahx_SuitedUp_x: one moreZach6668: 100, 100, 100, rest?x_SuitedUp_x: yeahZach6668: im okLuckysMyDog: it's a dealx_SuitedUp_x: cool, ship it supportZach6668: that's still like $87 to meZach6668: hahahax_SuitedUp_x: that's fineZach6668: deal imox_SuitedUp_x: hahaHostJeremyW [support]: Okay. Just a moment while I confirm the figures.Zach6668: then play for pride imoZach6668: :Dx_SuitedUp_x: and pointsLuckysMyDog: always play for prideqzarian: well and NegO points yeahZach6668: this is the first nego i ever playedZach6668: eff pointsZach6668: lolLuckysMyDog: me toox_SuitedUp_x: though this is my first tuesday this quarter i thinkZach6668: although, i'll have money on stars nowZach6668: so maybe i'll play moreZach6668: hey, who is qzarian on fcp, anyways?qzarian: I was in second two weeks ago, but didn't do so great in PLO last weekZach6668: and lucky's alsoqzarian: Nixed.. don't post all that muchx_SuitedUp_x: i recognize itLuckysMyDog: my fcp name is the sameZach6668: na, ok, i know youZach6668: lol, that's super embarassingx_SuitedUp_x: what is?Zach6668: that's twice today i've asked people and the fcp name has been the sameHostJeremyW [support]: Okay then...HostJeremyW [support]: $100.00 each and Zac gets $87.20HostJeremyW [support]: If you agree to this deal, please type "I agree."x_SuitedUp_x: i agreeZach6668: ship it (i agree)qzarian: I agreeLuckysMyDog: i agreeHostJeremyW [support]: We have a deal. Congratulations!x_SuitedUp_x: we sux at deals, happy bday zachZach6668: LOLHostJeremyW [support]: Please finish the tournament. I will make the necessary payout adjustments after the event is complete.Zach6668: tytyx_SuitedUp_x: it's the nego, and better than 2nd is cool w/ meLuckysMyDog: now i get cardsDealer: *** First Draw ***x_SuitedUp_x: i still want the pointsDealer: qzarian discards 1 cardDealer: LuckysMyDog discards 2 cardsDealer: *** Second Draw ***Dealer: qzarian stands patDealer: LuckysMyDog discards 2 cards
i emailed support as a joke, didnt rly think they would chop it. As long as everyone at the table agreed to chop i really dont care what they do with their money.
Should a bounty have been paid to one of the remaining players left in the final 4?
Should a bounty have been paid to one of the remaining players left in the final 4?
i think so, suited up still won the tournament outright and still gets first place points so i do think he should get the bounty. They were joking about choppin so i thought it would be funny to email support and have them come just to see everyones reactions.
what do you mean?
Ok, I had a put a bounty on someone in the tourney, I'm pretty sure people know it was Kurt. Anyway, he came in first, so he wins the bounty since no one knocked him out. My question, seeing that there was a chop, should he receive the bounty? I already shipped it to him, but just wondered how others felt.
Ok, I had a put a bounty on someone in the tourney, I'm pretty sure people know it was Kurt. Anyway, he came in first, so he wins the bounty since no one knocked him out. My question, seeing that there was a chop, should he receive the bounty? I already shipped it to him, but just wondered how others felt.
I should get the bounty because i didnt play and thats final decision
Did you see how many chips I had when they offered me that deal????loooooooooooooooooooolI couldn't turn it down.
You're a nit with no money on stars so.................
Wait, what?That makes no sense. If he wins the tourney then nobody busted him. Why would you pay him the bounty?
Fwiw, we all played 100% legit after the chop, as we all wanted those Neg-O points.If we had softplayed or anything afterwards, I'd be all for not awarding him the bounty, but in all seriousness, he just ran like God.
i think so, suited up still won the tournament outright and still gets first place points so i do think he should get the bounty. They were joking about choppin so i thought it would be funny to email support and have them come just to see everyones reactions.
That's actually pretty funny you trouble maker you.
Maybe, but Zach made out like a bandit. He got a great deal and it was his first ever Neg-O. He didn't have to worry about points because he probably won't play another one. So there was no reason for Zach to really try. I'm not saying that Zach didn't try to win, but maybe he probably wasn't into winning it since he already made off with a very nice deal.
You're a nit with no money on stars so.................Wait, what?That makes no sense. If he wins the tourney then nobody busted him. Why would you pay him the bounty?
I thought the unwritten rule was that if you put a bounty on someone and no one takes out that person then that person receives the bounty.
Maybe, but Zach made out like a bandit. He got a great deal and it was his first ever Neg-O. He didn't have to worry about points because he probably won't play another one. So there was no reason for Zach to really try. I'm not saying that Zach didn't try to win, but maybe he probably wasn't into winning it since he already made off with a very nice deal.
No way, bragging rights ftw.I dunno if you watched, but immediately after the deal, I made a pretty good comeback, and got back to even with all of them.I definitely wanted to win, but it was not to be.Fwiw, it wasn't actually my first Neg-O, I've played a few here and there. I had a lot of fun in this one though, and I'll definitely be playing some more. It's a super nice change from the daily grind.Bob has been trying to get me to play for a while, but I've had no money on Stars forever. He "staked" me in this one, and told me to let the winnings ride on future Neg-O events, so I'll definitely be coming out more often, and since I probably got a few points in this one, I might as well keep trying. :club:
ALLL in favor of me winning said bounty + buttsecks as compensation say I
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII FTMFWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII times eleventy-brazillion
No way, bragging rights ftw.I dunno if you watched, but immediately after the deal, I made a pretty good comeback, and got back to even with all of them.I definitely wanted to win, but it was not to be.Fwiw, it wasn't actually my first Neg-O, I've played a few here and there. I had a lot of fun in this one though, and I'll definitely be playing some more. It's a super nice change from the daily grind.Bob has been trying to get me to play for a while, but I've had no money on Stars forever. He "staked" me in this one, and told me to let the winnings ride on future Neg-O events, so I'll definitely be coming out more often, and since I probably got a few points in this one, I might as well keep trying. :D
I believe you Zach. I'll leave the bounty discussion alone now.FWIW, it seems that anyone that Bob stakes runs good! I won a stake from him last week for the HORSE tourney and came in 4th. :club:
I thought the unwritten rule was that if you put a bounty on someone and no one takes out that person then that person receives the bounty.
Actually, the unwritten rule is that the bounty goes to the bubble. The problem with this is that it looks like Checky bubbled. lolz
No way, bragging rights ftw.I dunno if you watched, but immediately after the deal, I made a pretty good comeback, and got back to even with all of them.I definitely wanted to win, but it was not to be.Fwiw, it wasn't actually my first Neg-O, I've played a few here and there. I had a lot of fun in this one though, and I'll definitely be playing some more. It's a super nice change from the daily grind.Bob has been trying to get me to play for a while, but I've had no money on Stars forever. He "staked" me in this one, and told me to let the winnings ride on future Neg-O events, so I'll definitely be coming out more often, and since I probably got a few points in this one, I might as well keep trying. :club:
If you were staked then you shouldn't ever make a deal without the backer authorizing the deal. imoI guess I feel like the neg-o's should be played out without any deals. I know this isn't the case here but if deals are allowed it could ultimately effect the points.

I watched the whole thing.. it went down legit.Chopping didn't affect the outcome any, from what I saw, Kurt just got the cards and steamrolled post-chop.FWIW Qzarian was the only guy who had even played a previous Tuesday (seriously, shoot me now!), so there wasn't a ton of integrity to compromise. Lucky, Kurt, and Zach were all first-timers. And considering Qzarian took 3rd, he obv. didn't benefit from the chop any, as there were several spots 4-way he was a healthy 2nd in chips.I'll agree with GWC in the spirit of the argument: chopping really shouldn't be happening in these if it affects more than the 4 on the table. But considering it's the *points* that drives these far more than the money, chopping really doesn't compromise anything, especially if it doesn't degenerate into a shovefest like it might in NLHE.Like i said in the other thread, no one is (or at least I hope no one is) using these to build a bankroll, so the actually cash prizes aren't nearly as crucial as the bragging rights/point system.If DNA was to make a "no chop rule" I'm sure we'd all agree to it, and it's probably a good safeguard.

Fwiw, we all played 100% legit after the chop, as we all wanted those Neg-O points.If we had softplayed or anything afterwards, I'd be all for not awarding him the bounty, but in all seriousness, he just ran like God.
Was there any doubt? Isn't that the only way Kurt wins anything?