How To Get To Heaven When You Die

How To Get To Heaven When You Die  

14 members have voted

1. 1. DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT TO BOTTOM OF THIS FIRST POST TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART?

• YES
    • NO
    • I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST INTO MY HEART BEFORE
    • OTHER

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and a nickel..
Don't you hate how Starbucks has ruined a perfectly good one liner that conveyed the whole idea that something is worthless?Starbucks :club:
Don't you hate how Starbucks has ruined a perfectly good one liner that conveyed the whole idea that something is worthless?Starbucks :club:
welll.. um, old man balloon guy, I don't really remember when coffee cost a nickel. I do know, however, that a nickel will get you a nice hot cup of....JACK SQUAT!!!!!!!chris.jpg
welll.. um, old man balloon guy, I don't really remember when coffee cost a nickel. I do know, however, that a nickel will get you a nice hot cup of....JACK SQUAT!!!!!!!
Why you son of a gun
  • 3 weeks later...
this really hurts me.
My apologies, Suited. Seeing more of both you and this troll has made the difference much clearer. You are far, far better than this.
you are the laziest missionary ever.
Genius. I would have said "laziest zealot," but still, genius.I couldn't believe this "thread" was still going and still being bumped. I came back over here to mention two interesting podcasts:a theological perspective on Darwin, on Speaking of Faith by American Public Media; andan interview and Q&A with Peter Gomes on The Scandalous Gospel of Jesus, on Fora.tv Religion Today (Feature Length Audio Version).Both are on iTunes. Now that I'm an unemployed bum, I've been trying to cut down on some of my 300 downloaded but unlistened-to podcasts.
My apologies, Suited. Seeing more of both you and this troll has made the difference much clearer. You are far, far better than this.Genius. I would have said "laziest zealot," but still, genius.I couldn't believe this "thread" was still going and still being bumped. I came back over here to mention two interesting podcasts:a theological perspective on Darwin, on Speaking of Faith by American Public Media; andan interview and Q&A with Peter Gomes on The Scandalous Gospel of Jesus, on Fora.tv Religion Today (Feature Length Audio Version).Both are on iTunes. Now that I'm an unemployed bum, I've been trying to cut down on some of my 300 downloaded but unlistened-to podcasts.
Is this like that podcast Buddha: A fat lazy bastard, on Whora.tv Religion Today? ..or would that title be inappropriate?
Is this like that podcast Buddha: A fat lazy bastard, on Whora.tv Religion Today? ..or would that title be inappropriate?
Don't know or care what your beef with Gomes is, but he can discuss the historical background of the bible with far more knowledge than you.
Don't know or care what your beef with Gomes is, but he can discuss the historical background of the bible with far more knowledge than you.
My problem is the title, and why do I care if he knows more about world history than I do?I could send you to plenty of podcasts that had people that knew the Bible better than whoever that guy is. Hank Hanegraaff for one, John Piper for two.

So...you judged based on nothing but the title, you don't have any idea what the talk (or the book with the same title) is about, and you know nothing about the speaker/author's background, but you can definitively quantify his knowledge and name people with more?Never mind I mentioned it. I don't think you'd understand anything he was discussing. Just go back to your storefront preachers with their hand-painted signs. I'm sure they're experts.

So...you judged based on nothing but the title, you don't have any idea what the talk (or the book with the same title) is about, and you know nothing about the speaker/author's background, but you can definitively quantify his knowledge and name people with more?Never mind I mentioned it. I don't think you'd understand anything he was discussing. Just go back to your storefront preachers with their hand-painted signs. I'm sure they're experts.
LOL someone woke up on the wrong side of the Dharma this morning. Brvheart was just making a joke, relax. He's not very good at it, so give him a break.
Such anger.......
  • 3 weeks later...
Your religion is way to hateful for my tastes.
LOLMichaelWSmithaments
I saw him in concert along with the opening act of DC TalkAfterwards I left a DC Talk fan and never bought another cd from MWS
Your religion is way to hateful for my tastes.
Irony alert!I guess I did wake up on the snarky side of the dharma that morning. Granted, brv isn't too good with the joke-making thing, but I should have realized it was. I live among too many of the intellectually incurious for it not to piss me off.
What you need to do is ask the Lord to open the eyes of your heart to Him:
Laziest. Zealot. Ever.
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen." If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen." If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.