How To Get To Heaven When You Die

How To Get To Heaven When You Die  

14 members have voted

1. 1. DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT TO BOTTOM OF THIS FIRST POST TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART?

• YES
    • NO
    • I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST INTO MY HEART BEFORE
    • OTHER

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Christian, that website makes me sad. As does the pimper of said website.I'm sure the website makes a few points that I would agree with, but to even mention "scientists" somehow counting every grain of sand and having it match the number of stars is just stupid. ESPECIALLY when it's obvious that the Bible was just trying to say "a brazilion", not an exact amount. Get serious moron Christians.

As a Christian, that website makes me sad. As does the pimper of said website.I'm sure the website makes a few points that I wouldn't agree with, but to even mention "scientists" somehow counting every grain of sand and having it match the number of stars is just stupid. ESPECIALLY when it's obvious that the Bible was just trying to say "a brazilion", not an exact amount. Get serious moron Christians.
Lol, go easy. They are doing what they can to hold on through a daily shitstorm of atheist slander raining down from all directions.
Yeah, wow, what was up with that?
I know, it has brought me a fair amount of personal shame.I'd make an excuse about where I am and what I do when I'm not around U.S. computers, but, there is no excuse.What the fuck was up with that, indeed.
I know, it has brought me a fair amount of personal shame.I'd make an excuse about where I am and what I do when I'm not around U.S. computers, but, there is no excuse.What the fuck was up with that, indeed.
The edit button is your friend :)Give it a go and remove a few commas for practice :club:
The edit button is your friend :)Give it a go and remove a few commas for practice :club:
1. I don't edit mistakes. On the rare occasion I edit, it's for clarity.2. My comma's are for conversational effect. I own you in technical writing, if this were the place for technical writing.3. Mucho gusto me llamo bradley.
We have seen estimates of 10^21 stars—which is a lot of stars.[2](The number of grains of sand on the earth’s seashores is estimated to be 10^25. As scientists discover more stars, wouldn’t it be interesting to discover that these two numbers match?)
I'm surprised none of you have bothered to point out how drastically different 10^21 and 10^25 are, as far as being similar amounts. It's like, whoa the bible says there are 600 species, and it really turns out that there are 600,000 species!!!! They're both numbers!!! The bible was right!!!!
I'm surprised none of you have bothered to point out how drastically different 10^21 and 10^25 are, as far as being similar amounts. It's like, whoa the bible says there are 600 species, and it really turns out that there are 600,000 species!!!! They're both numbers!!! The bible was right!!!!
I would point that out, but since no one really knows how many stars there actually are, and that there could possibly be an infinite number of stars, then it's a pretty moot point to begin with.
But when this statement was made, only the visable stars were known, which numbers in the 4,000 range. so to make a statement that the stars in the sky is like the sand on the sea shore would have been mocked for centuries as a huge difference, not just a difference of^3See what I did there?
schrutelighttiny.jpg
I understand that there will come a day when you think this joke is played out. It's like death. It will happen. But that day, whenver it comes, will make me very very sad... as an avid office fan, I'm lovin' it.
But when this statement was made, only the visable stars were known, which numbers in the 4,000 range. so to make a statement that the stars in the sky is like the sand on the sea shore would have been mocked for centuries as a huge difference, not just a difference of^3See what I did there?
That was my whole point. It would have been obvious to the people 2,000 years ago that the writer wasn't speaking literally. And yet in 2008 there is a website that talks about it like "It's going to happen... I know it... the numbers are going to match!", and then even worse, there are people that are linking this website so that intelligent atheists will convert.
That was my whole point. It would have been obvious to the people 2,000 years ago that the writer wasn't speaking literally. And yet in 2008 there is a website that talks about it like "It's going to happen... I know it... the numbers are going to match!", and then even worse, there are people that are linking this website so that intelligent atheists will convert.
ContradictionI hear you. But they probably will match exacly. I think I read somewhere that agnostics will be responsible for the counting of the stars, and atheist the sand. They must continue counting until the numbers match. It will be done in Florida
I think I read somewhere that agnostics will be responsible for the counting of the stars, and atheist the sand. They must continue counting until the numbers match. It will be done in Florida
if all the atheists were counting sand in florida in 2000 gore would be president.
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.
I've already done that Gracie. But I don't think you'll make any progress with the resident atheists here with that approach. In fact, I believe Lois is the only one on here that's been here long enough to figure out what approach might work and it's not worked for him. So what makes you think that coming on here with all that is going to make one whit of difference. But go ahead and continue your exercise in futility.
I've already done that Gracie. But I don't think you'll make any progress with the resident atheists here with that approach. In fact, I believe Lois is the only one on here that's been here long enough to figure out what approach might work and it's not worked for him. So what makes you think that coming on here with all that is going to make one whit of difference. But go ahead and continue your exercise in futility.
You say all this as if there's an approach that could work. I think it comes down to the fact that there's no way to prove that anything you believe in is true...while there are many ways to prove that many things you (by "you", I mean hardcore Christians) believe are false. It's a tough sell.Actually, I'm pretty sure that nobody around here would try to "prove" that there is no God. They would just say that there's no reason to believe in something when there's no proof of its existance other than really wishing it to be true and using a god figure to explain phenomena that science is yet to get to...hence the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Obviously nobody can prove that God doesn't exist, but nobody can prove that our Universe isn't one atom in the fingernail of a cosmic lemur either.Your beliefs may turn out to be correct, I just personally think that the odds of that are astronomically low. For your sake, I hope you're right. For my sake, I hope you're wrong. I also hope that I'm wrong.
You say all this as if there's an approach that could work. I think it comes down to the fact that there's no way to prove that anything you believe in is true...while there are many ways to prove that many things you (by "you", I mean hardcore Christians) believe are false. It's a tough sell.Actually, I'm pretty sure that nobody around here would try to "prove" that there is no God. They would just say that there's no reason to believe in something when there's no proof of its existance other than really wishing it to be true and using a god figure to explain phenomena that science is yet to get to...hence the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Obviously nobody can prove that God doesn't exist, but nobody can prove that our Universe isn't one atom in the fingernail of a cosmic lemur either.Your beliefs may turn out to be correct, I just personally think that the odds of that are astronomically low. For your sake, I hope you're right. For my sake, I hope you're wrong. I also hope that I'm wrong.
I think you've bought into this belief that your side ( and we use these terms for simplicity ) has all the face cards and we have 7 2 off. And you're hoping we're not playing Razz. But most games are high so you're side has better chances of being ahead. this is known as Checky's Wager and is not true.There are many things we believe that can be proven. The Bible was written right after Christ. There are many ways to defend the arguement of early dates. In fact that is probably one of the best areas of apologetics that I know of. The blanket statements that the books of the NT were written hunders of years later don't fly with many many many other sources. Such as letter from early church fathers where we have traced the students of apostles, their students etc for many levels. From these letters we know the books of the NT were 1st century. Yet your side says: 'Written later and after the fact to create a religion' So we respond that the writings were contrary to the best way to control people, Obey those placed above you and pay your taxes? The subversiveness of that is lacking.The sciencetific world approaches every problem with we know the world is x years old and everything like decay rates is constant always because we have records of the last 50 years to prove that over 50 million years argon decays at this rate. Or the rock in said strata are this old since the fossils in the level are this old. and the fossils are this old becuase the strata is this old.I will probably fail in a pure science debate, stupid Jr high didn't prepare me for squat, but I have read books by the likes of A.E. Wilder Smith that gives fine answers to these arguments. Including showing that life cannot form from non life.The Big Bang is your guys theory to explain where all the mass and energy came from, because you had to have some explanation. It has no rhyme or reason, just convience for being AN explanation. That is just as large a leap of faith. And until science gives you a truth to how the mass came into being, you are just filling in the blanks with your sides pre-concieved wish for there to be no God.You guys just have more schools and white coats arguing for you, so you 'appear' more right. I'm cool with being the underdog. The stakes are high enough that I will tighten up and not play craps with my soul.
I think you've bought into this belief that your side ( and we use these terms for simplicity ) has all the face cards and we have 7 2 off. And you're hoping we're not playing Razz. But most games are high so you're side has better chances of being ahead. this is known as Checky's Wager and is not true.There are many things we believe that can be proven. The Bible was written right after Christ. There are many ways to defend the arguement of early dates. In fact that is probably one of the best areas of apologetics that I know of. The blanket statements that the books of the NT were written hunders of years later don't fly with many many many other sources. Such as letter from early church fathers where we have traced the students of apostles, their students etc for many levels. From these letters we know the books of the NT were 1st century. Yet your side says: 'Written later and after the fact to create a religion' So we respond that the writings were contrary to the best way to control people, Obey those placed above you and pay your taxes? The subversiveness of that is lacking.
i missed it - when did anybody claim the books included in the canon were written "hundreds" of years after christ? i don't think anybody disputes that many or most of them were written in the first century. however that's trivial information - human history has shown over and over that fables don't need much time at all to get started, particularly if there is religious zealotry driving them mostly through oral tradition, which was certainly the case with 1st-century christianity.
The sciencetific world approaches every problem with we know the world is x years old and everything like decay rates is constant always because we have records of the last 50 years to prove that over 50 million years argon decays at this rate. Or the rock in said strata are this old since the fossils in the level are this old. and the fossils are this old becuase the strata is this old.
if it were just a single method you might have a point, but there are over a dozen methods of dating the age of the earth that all corroborate with great precision. that is why we can say how old the earth is with confidence. science doesn't take anything lightly as you seem to think. unlike religion, potential errors and misconceptions are excruciatingly self-policed.
Including showing that life cannot form from non life.
someone who is ignorant of science and incapable of objective rational thought can be shown pretty much anything.
The Big Bang is your guys theory to explain where all the mass and energy came from, because you had to have some explanation. It has no rhyme or reason, just convience for being AN explanation. That is just as large a leap of faith.
you've probably had this expained to you about 30 times here. the big bang theory is not an explanation for where matter/energy came from. all the big bang theory represents is the notion that all of energy/matter & spacetime were a singularity that expanded to what we see today. it says nothing beyond that about origins. there ARE several other much more complex theories that attempt to do so, but none of those are even testable at this point due to technological limitations, much less accepted as fact. science's answer to where everything came from right now is WE DON'T KNOW.
And until science gives you a truth to how the mass came into being, you are just filling in the blanks with your sides pre-concieved wish for there to be no God
you're shifting burden of proof. "we don't know" is NOT evidence god exists. science considers "god" a theory like like the big bang. if you want anyone else to believe your theory it's up to you to provide evidence, it's not up to science to DISprove your theory.
And until science gives you a truth to how the mass came into being, you are just filling in the blanks with your sides pre-concieved wish for there to be no God
i think you mean matter, not mass. LLY is about to prove where mass comes from and win the nobel prize by finding the higgs boson.