Chrozzo's Beer Of The Day

Ok I'm retarded, it is staying in the US.But they know how to make better beer so hopefully they make the beer better!
They didn't change it cause it makes millions the way it is.
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi.   I thought of you when I took this photo.  

Warming up for for the NegO with the biggest Mexican beer out there,Pale colour, Not much head, no real nose, not a hop anywhere, very light, watery flavour, really need the lime.4.5%ABV

2 things. Chrozzo, as far as I am concerned, you started this craft beer craze for me. And 2. SuitedAces21 i hate Kansas.

I recommend everyone check out Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy beer. Its a very unique beer that tastes like lemonade. It isn't overpowering nor is it lacking is overall beer "taste." I would honestly say that it is a better summer beer then Summer Ale by Sam Adams. Here is a photo.164272686-M.jpgIf you arent a beer snob, do not be afraid to try this. Its light and drinks very easy. If you are, I think this is a refreshing twist on a genre that has been getting a bit stale in recent summers. Top summer beersSummer Shandy Pennant Ale 55 (Brooklyn) Harpoon IPA

Their Sunset Wheat tastes like Fruity Pebbles.True story.
yeah I was trying to think of what beer of theirs I've had and that was it. tasted like you're sucking on a lemon. not for me. I want my beer to taste like beer.

I know I've said it before but I have to say it again. I really enjoy Hoegaarden.hoegaarden.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Slacking Much???Got this How to of the day today.. thought it was fitting to ressurect this thread with it!A useful "How To" of the day on my google page today..How to Prevent Skunky BeerBeer can easily acquire a skunky aroma. This undesirable, commonly encountered skunkiness is caused by a reaction in the beer that occurs when natural or artificial light is allowed to penetrate the beer container and initiate what is referred to as photolysis. This photolysis reaction breaks down the natural bitter alpha acid hop constituents in the beer, leading to the formation of the compound 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol, commonly called mercaptan, that reminds one of skunks. This skunky compound can be formed rapidly when beer is exposed to light. Luckily, it is easy to prevent light-struck, skunky beer. Steps: Keep beer in the shadeShelter your beer from direct light. Store beer in the dark, away from all light sources at all times. The reaction that causes skunkiness can happen so rapidly that beer may become skunky while it is being enjoyed from a glass. Drink beer indoors or in the shade, and don't let your beer sit around too long before drinking it. Canned and kegged beer is safe from lightBuy beer packaged in light-proof containers. If light cannot penetrate the beer container, the formation of the skunky compound will be completely prevented in the container. Light cannot penetrate through cans and kegs, and therefore canned and kegged beer cannot become skunky until the beer is poured into a glass. Boxed 12-pack, note removed handle cutout that will allow light to enter the boxSelect boxed bottled beer. Cardboard provides excellent protection from light, so select boxed twelve-packs instead of open six-packs. If choosing bottled beer that is in green bottles or has been in direct sunlight, make sure that the handle cutouts in the box are intact and have not been removed from the box. This will ensure that significant amounts of light will not penetrate the box. Brown bottles protect beer from lightChoose beer in brown bottles. Brown bottles offer much better protection from harmful light than beer bottled in green or clear bottles, and help greatly to prevent beer from becoming skunky. Reach for beer in the back of the shelf. Beer placed towards the front of store shelves or on the top shelf is exposed to more light. Choose light-stable bottled beer that has been skunk-proofed. This type of beer is typically packaged in clear glass bottles, but may be found in green bottles as well. However, many commonly available beers that are available in green bottles are not light-stable. Light-stable beer is made with hop extracts that are essentially stabilized hop alpha acids that can no longer be converted into the skunky compound [1]. The bitter hop alpha acid molecules are reduced by adding hydrogen, which stabilizes the molecule. To determine if a beer is light-stable, pour it into a glass or leave the bottle in direct sunlight for fifteen to thirty minutes. If the beer is in clear bottles, merely set the bottle in the sunlight. Then smell it in a glass, and compare it to a bottle of beer that has not been exposed to light. Freshness date printed on box of beerBuy fresh beer. This beer will have had less of a chance to become skunky during its journey to your glass. Purchase fresh, properly stored beer directly from local breweries that offer direct sales, or buy beer that is known to be produced locally or nearby. Small and large breweries may be situated nearby. Also choose popular beer that is less likely to spend much time on store shelves, and be sure to check the production or freshness date on beers that carry them. Find out when your liquor store expects new deliveries for your desired beer, and buy the beer before it is placed on the shelf. Check the location where the beer is produced as well, as many beers are produced under contract at nearby breweries for other, more distant breweries. Tips: If your favorite beer is not available in cans, it may be available in kegs. When purchasing a 6-pack of bottled beer, look for the boxes with the high walls that go all the way up to the bottle cap. Many beers packaged in clear and green bottles that have been known to become skunky easily may now be brewed using light-stable hops, and therefore may not become skunky. Avoid exposing the beer to frequent temperature changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was interesting * The first consumer protection law ever written was enacted over beer by Duke Wilhelm IV of Bavaria in 1516. It was a purity law limiting the ingredients of beer to barley, hops and water. * Tegestology is what collecting beer mats is called. * Beer is the second most popular beverage in the world, coming in behind tea. * Pabst Beer is now called Pabst Blue Ribbon beer because it was the first beer to win a blue ribbon at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893. * To get rid of the foam at the top of beer (the head), stick your fingers in it. * Monks brewing beer in the Middle Ages were allowed to drink five quarts of beer a day. * Bavaria still defines beer as a staple food. * To keep your beer glass or mug from sticking to your bar napkin, sprinkle a little salt on the napkin before you set your glass down. * The oldest known written recipe is for beer. * The Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock because of beer. They had planned to sail further south to a warm climate, but had run out of beer on the journey. * Anheuser-Busch is the largest brewery in the US. * The longest bar in the world is the 684 foot long New Bulldog in Rock Island, IL. * The powers that be at Guinness say that a pint of beer is lifted about ten times, and each time about 0.56 ml is lost in a beer drinker’s facial hair. That’s a lot of wasted beer! * As of 2001, 62% of Americans reported using a designated driver at least once. * Molson, Inc. is the oldest brewery in North America. * Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) was elected in 1932 because of his promise to end Prohibition. * The first United States Marine Recruiting Station was in a bar. * The first brewery in America was built in Hoboken, NJ in 1642. * In 1935 the canned beer industry was revolutionized by a vinyl plastic liner developed for cans made out of tin. * The movie The Shawshank Redemption got their period beer containers wrong. The prisoners on the roof drank beer out of bottles in the 1930s, when beer was canned until many years later. * Tossing salted peanuts in a glass of beer makes the peanuts dance. * Samuel Adams Triple Bock is the strongest beer in the world with 17% alcohol by volume. The strength is achieved by using champagne yeast. * In Japan, beer is sold in vending machines, by street vendors and in the train stations. * Bourbon is the official alcohol of the United States, by an act of Congress. Many people have attempted to have that overturned in favor of beer instead throughout the years. * Many actors started out as bartenders: Sandra Bullock, Bruce Willis, Tom Arnold, Chevy Chase, Kris Kristofferson and Bill Cosby are a few of these. * American beer is made mostly by rice, unlike the beers of other countries. This was invented to give American beer a lighter taste and tap into the market of women buyers. * Michelob was invented during a brewer’s strike in the 1930s from a recipe tossed together by the untrained workers left behind to run the brewery. It was so bad local taverns tossed their delivered barrels in the gutter until the streets ran with beer. When the strike was over, the brewery didn’t want to lose all that beer, no matter how bad, so they repackaged it and sold it as Michelob. * Beer is a source of B- complex vitamins. * If you collect beer bottles your are a labeorphilist. * The portable beer cooler was invented in Australia in the 1950s. * The ‘33’ on a bottle of Rolling Rock was originally a printer’s error. It refers to the 33 words in the original slogan. It has generated enough mystery over the years that the company left it in the label.

Nice thread I like it.Going to the store in a couple of days to pick up some that was on the list, very excited.Usually when I go to the store with friends and we get to the beer section its the same thing, bud light/coorsHave a friend who thinks bud lime is the best thing ever. NastyOne beer that caught my eye on the list was the McEwans def will look for it and try it.

One beer that caught my eye on the list was the McEwans def will look for it and try it.
i just poured my 3rdit ownsalso favs: Skullsplitter, Ommegang Abbey, Delirium Nocturnum and obv Guinness(i need to revive this thread)
Nice thread I like it.Going to the store in a couple of days to pick up some that was on the list, very excited.Usually when I go to the store with friends and we get to the beer section its the same thing, bud light/coorsHave a friend who thinks bud lime is the best thing ever. NastyOne beer that caught my eye on the list was the McEwans def will look for it and try it.
I am one of those people now. They are great imo. Obviously not on the level of the beers in here, but still good nonetheless.

I cant remember if i already talked about this beer. but seriously. I cant get enoughkoenigshoevenits a trappist ale brewed by monks. comes in a double 6% triple 8% and quad 10%i recommend the triple. YOU have to really enjoy the taste of quality beer to trully enjoy this beverage.

just incase we have some uninformed peeps.its pronounced "who-garden"and not " Ho-garden
Lies.It will always be known as HO-GARDEN!To me, at least. :)I was disappointed when I looked it up on google and saw it was pronounced differently than I thought. :club:
just incase we have some uninformed peeps.its pronounced "who-garden"and not " Ho-garden
QFTEven though I do like it, I don't think it's the best, there are definitely much better ones, but this Hoegaarden is the most popular one right now.My favs are Summit Hefe Weizen, Jorger's, and Sprecher Weiss. I love weiss/wheat beers.

It is one of the most successful beer brands in the world, being exported worldwide. The distinctive feature in the flavour is the roasted barley which remains unfermented. For many years a portion of the beer was aged to give a sharp lactic flavour, but Guinness has refused to confirm if this still occurs.

It is one of the most successful beer brands in the world, being exported worldwide. The distinctive feature in the flavour is the roasted barley which remains unfermented. For many years a portion of the beer was aged to give a sharp lactic flavour, but Guinness has refused to confirm if this still occurs.
hii have a feeling you are going to enjoy this thread
I lived in Belgium for 7 weeks and didn't even know that...the more you know
I LOVE their waffles!