Bill Frist And Coke Commercial

For those of you who were upset, I highly encourage you to write coke and voice your displeasure over them choosing Frist to endorse their product. Plus, this will make for some funny replies...The Coca-Cola CompanyP.O. Box 1734Atlanta, GA 30301USA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frist looks fat, must be drinking too much Coke since he has been knocked out of a political career. He deserves what he got.What's funny is that he was one of the top potential Republican Presidential nominees a few years ago, the poker gods got mad at him I guess. Maybe there is justice in this world after all.

I am not a fan out what he did, but anyone who actually writes to Coke needs to find something better to do with their time. There are alot better ways to have your voice heard than complaining to a corporation's marketing staff.

I thought it wasn't funny in the least. Even if it was someone else it wasn't funny.

Link to the commercial? Also, I was playing poker and drinking and eating during the game so I only saw the big plays and missed most of the commercials. Is there a site anywhere that has the good SB commercials for this year that anyone knows about?

Although I don't think anybody here likes Frist, I don't think they should wirte to Coke just because he was in a commerical. I don't like Derek Jeeter but I am not going to write to Gatorade because they put him in one of their commericals.

Well, because I have nothing better to do with my time........This is my email to Coke:This is a complaint about one of the Coke Superbowl ads.The message of the ad is that even opposites can come together over the choice of Coke.I find it ironic that Coke chose as a spokesman a man who believes we should not have freedom of choice.Senator Frist introduced a bill,the UIGEA,which targets financial companies who transfer money to online gaming sites.As a responsible adult,I should be able to decide if I want to play poker.Bill Frist wants to choose what I can spend my own money on.This is a link for comments to them: coke superbowl commercial feedbackEveryone should at least zip off an email. Feel free to copy/paste mine. Admittedly, mine is not the most polished. Someone page HBlask to write something that sounds better. There is a 500 space limit on what you can write.

I'm going to write one in the vein of finz, but actually state that I will boycott Coke products over the advertisement, even saying that I would sooner buy stagnant bottled pond water over Coke.I don't even drink water.

I was appalled to find that Coke has decided to be endorsed by a senator whose claim to fame was controlling what people can and cannot spend their money on, and became the nation's judge of morality. As such, until Bill Frist is no longer a spokesman for Coke, my choice will be to take my business to Pepsi, and in extreme cases, purchasing bottles of stagnant pond water in lieu of a more suitable alternative.

Frist is worse than an anti-gambling advocate. He's on Harrah's payroll. He was pushed out (unrelated) ethics violations.

Frist is worse than an ant-gambling advocate. He's on Harrah's payroll.
QFT! Last I checked to the tune of over $25,000. How ridiculous is that.High fructose corn syrup is doing far more damage to the average American's well-being than playing online poker ever will.

I'm voicing my displeasure concerning your choice of using Senator Bill Frist in your Super Bowl ad.This Senator chose to cripple our freedom through a bill designed to cease monetary participation for online gaming/gambling.His bill, to us in opposition of, has violated our rights. Some 20 to 30 million of your potential customers fall under his suppression.Perhaps your political parody would have been better served had Newt Gingrich been used, applicably James Carville's Bizarro world.ship't

You guys are forgetting about his sadistic treatment of animals. He might be hated in the community even more than he is in the poker world. 30,000 to 40,000 letters and e-mails being sent to Coke could actually spearhead something good. It doesn't take much time, so I'd hardly call it a waste of time. Imagine if they received a million letters and made a public apology. That would give the poker world some clout and possibly create news against the UIGEA. Sometimes solutions don't happen in conventional ways...

Guys, that wasn't even Bill Frist...Watch it again:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU
Odds on this being a Rick roll?
You guys are forgetting about his sadistic treatment of animals. He might be hated in the community even more than he is in the poker world. 30,000 to 40,000 letters and e-mails being sent to Coke could actually spearhead something good. It doesn't take much time, so I'd hardly call it a waste of time. Imagine if they received a million letters and made a public apology. That would give the poker world some clout and possibly create news against the UIGEA. Sometimes solutions don't happen in conventional ways...
You're so wise.
I'm not saying that it will take a long time, therefore, it isn't worth the time. I'm saying that there are alot better ways to get your voice heard than going to Coca-Cola. I doubt that a million poker players have written their congressman about their feelings that online poker should be legal and regulated. I think that's worth more than complaining about a Super Bowl commercial.The point of the advertisement was to be funny about people who don't get along. There is no harm done in that.
Wow, I didnt even see the commercial but so what if he did one. If Coke offered you money to do a commercial and certain groups had a problem with you wouldnt you still do it?In no way am I a Frist fan, Im just saying this on the basic principality of it. I think you guys are takin this a little far. No offense, but it was just a coke commercial.

I find it pretty ridiculous that a politician is in a Coke commercial...period.I Can't wait until the president of the United States is wearing suits with corporate logos and endorsements on the back. Anyone seen Idiocracy?Hi, I'm Secretary of State - brought to you by Carl's Junior - "Fuck off, I'm eating"

I was literally enraged when I saw that commercial at the party I was at. I was stone sober at the time, but couldn't help channeling Al Swearingen for a good 2-3 minutes, muttering cocksucker, and son of a bitch over and over. I was going to write Coke right then and there, but was convinced to settle down and watch the game. For those that say it's a waste of time, you're on a poker forum. Most would call that a waste of time. I don't consider voicing my opinion a waste. I don't expect the president of CocaCola to call me and beg me to please reconsider a switch to Pepsi. I do expect someone to read it, and the thousands of others that are sent. If you want to get degen about it I'll bet he doesn't have anything else to do with Coke advertising-wise again. Fuck Bill Frist and every politician like him. On a lighter note, I can wear my degenerate badge with pride. I was ribbed the rest of the night after the game because I was 10X more upset about a commercial than I was about dropping 4 bills on the Patriots. Please write a little something if you love poker. It may not do much, but it's guaranteed to do nothing if you don't.